• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawkeye

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky the Pizza Dog poster:

8vsuasm6i6081.jpg

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingpin so clearly coming

And Daredevil in Spidey

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow build but I like it so far.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like that was likely a different Kingpin than the one from the Netflix shows.

This one was WAY super-powered. He also had a gravelly voice that the one from Netflix didn’t have.

My guess (and this has been rumored, so I am not taking credit for it) is that both Murdoch and Fisk are alternate versions from the Netflix-verse, and they are officially breaking those shows out of the MCU canon.

I did an immediate google search for SHIELD Agent 19, and nothing came up. Looks like she will be essentially a fresh character (though, likely influenced by existing characters).

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I really wanted from this series is some trick arrow ****, and it delivered.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like that was likely a different Kingpin than the one from the Netflix shows.

This one was WAY super-powered. He also had a gravelly voice that the one from Netflix didn’t have.

My guess (and this has been rumored, so I am not taking credit for it) is that both Murdoch and Fisk are alternate versions from the Netflix-verse, and they are officially breaking those shows out of the MCU canon.

I did an immediate google search for SHIELD Agent 19, and nothing came up. Looks like she will be essentially a fresh character (though, likely influenced by existing characters).

I’m almost positive they are gonna be different versions/ignore the tv show mythology.

But I didn’t think the voice was really much different off memory.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m almost positive they are gonna be different versions/ignore the tv show mythology.

But I didn’t think the voice was really much different off memory.
He spoke somewhat normally in the Netflix shows. There was a cadence, iirc, but I don’t remember any gravely growl. The first thing I noticed about this version was the growl. And while there wasn’t a deep dive into this version, he certainly did not come across as a super-cultured, educated kinda guy. He wore Hawaiian shirts under his loose fitting white suit here, while in the Netflix shows, he wore nicely tapered suits with proper shirts underneath.

Granted, I have not watch the Netflix shows in a while, so my memory may not be perfect here, and even if my memory is accurate, people are allowed to evolve. But to me, these are changes that imho, are major enough in the context of a show that ”prove” they are not the same character.

Also, the new version is shown to have been a gangster going back to at least the time of the Battle of NY. In the Netflix shows, he was portrayed as a ruthless businessman but not a street-level gangster.

and I don’t remember him needing a cane in the Netflix shows.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It appears she's gonna be the MCU version of Mockingbird

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, D’Onofrio has confirmed in interviews that the Hawkeye Kingpin is, in fact, the same Kingpin from the Netflix shows.

While this may be canon now, I still think the changes between the two are drastic enough that they can’t be the same.

But Thor from Thor 1 is supposed to be the same character as the Thor from Thor 3 and Fat Thor, so I guess we need to just go with it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rewatching DareDevil now.

I don’t care what canon is. These two Kingpins are NOT the same person!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the season finale was somewhat underwhelming but still fun. Had hoped for a bigger payoff I guess, and some of the plot threads lacked explanation. Why did Elanor hire Yelena, and when did that happen? Something was set in motion before E1?

Good easter egg with the black market watch turning out to be a SHIELD item. Implying there is a lot more to Clint's wife than meets the eye. But as far as the bad guys trying to steal this watch... Nothing was ever explained in regards to that.

The TrackSuit Mafia was all fun & games until the finale. They've been nothing but a farcical van full of crash dummies providing comic & punch relief, but then suddenly they are an army of hundreds, and Kazi turns into an actual legit fighter going hand to hand with both Clint & Echo? Both handled him with ease, but they built up those moments to be something bigger than his character deserved. The army made for a fun fight sequence but not even remotely threatening. And pulling emotion with the Kazi vs Echo didn't quite land with me.

I did really like tying in Yelena and felt that circle moment made the entire finale more worthwhile.

I'm not a comic-head or whatever so I don't know how his character played into the stories, but I felt like something better could have been done with the Jack Duquesne character. I get the red herring approach, but it just didn't quite feel like any of the antagonists in this season felt satisfying. Killing Armand and having all that mystery just felt like a waste in the end.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the season finale was somewhat underwhelming but still fun. Had hoped for a bigger payoff I guess, and some of the plot threads lacked explanation. Why did Elanor hire Yelena, and when did that happen? Something was set in motion before E1?

Good easter egg with the black market watch turning out to be a SHIELD item. Implying there is a lot more to Clint's wife than meets the eye. But as far as the bad guys trying to steal this watch... Nothing was ever explained in regards to that.

The TrackSuit Mafia was all fun & games until the finale. They've been nothing but a farcical van full of crash dummies providing comic & punch relief, but then suddenly they are an army of hundreds, and Kazi turns into an actual legit fighter going hand to hand with both Clint & Echo? Both handled him with ease, but they built up those moments to be something bigger than his character deserved. The army made for a fun fight sequence but not even remotely threatening. And pulling emotion with the Kazi vs Echo didn't quite land with me.

I did really like tying in Yelena and felt that circle moment made the entire finale more worthwhile.

I'm not a comic-head or whatever so I don't know how his character played into the stories, but I felt like something better could have been done with the Jack Duquesne character. I get the red herring approach, but it just didn't quite feel like any of the antagonists in this season felt satisfying. Killing Armand and having all that mystery just felt like a waste in the end.
I saw somewhere that they had bigger plans for the whole Kazi arc, but it either ended up on the cutting room floor or was scrapped due to pandemic-related scheduling issues.

I always roll my eyes at “henchmen”. I try to imagine what life choices led them to that fate and it never makes sense. And where do they all stand getting ready for their big fight entrance? Are they all just hanging out, checking Twitter around the corner until they decide to all run in and jump over the barricade at just the proper time during the hero’s conversation with either the sidekick or the foil? Not important, because I understand henchmen are just a collective trope (similar to “cocking the gun”), but the whole concept is so ridiculous.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw somewhere that they had bigger plans for the whole Kazi arc, but it either ended up on the cutting room floor or was scrapped due to pandemic-related scheduling issues.

I always roll my eyes at “henchmen”. I try to imagine what life choices led them to that fate and it never makes sense. And where do they all stand getting ready for their big fight entrance? Are they all just hanging out, checking Twitter around the corner until they decide to all run in and jump over the barricade at just the proper time during the hero’s conversation with either the sidekick or the foil? Not important, because I understand henchmen are just a collective trope (similar to “cocking the gun”), but the whole concept is so ridiculous.
That would make a lot of sense with Kazi's arc, and coincidentally Echo's. A lot of that could have been a hell of a lot more cohesive.

Agreed on the henchmen concept being ridiculous. I think even the writers felt that way to some degree which is why they were written as satire throughout 99% of the season. I just prefer a little more grit with the antagonists, because it felt like they took away a lot from the perception of Hawkeye's (Clint) character. He was a badass in all the movies, and now suddenly he's more Joe-Shmo. The henchmen were literally a punching bag in that final fight sequence, even letting the LARPers take them down singlehandedly. I mean wtf? They should have introduced a different gang or criminal outfit that had more teeth to it than the tracksuits. Could have even tied the Duquesne character to it. More production cuts I imagine.