• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawk in the Hall!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a no doubter. Dude was a large part of baseball for his whole life...and one of the most memorable announcers of all time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves it whether you love him or hate him.

I love how angry people get at Hawk. I always want to ask them "Why on EARTH are you taking him seriously?" lol

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves it whether you love him or hate him.

I love how angry people get at Hawk. I always want to ask them "Why on EARTH are you taking him seriously?" lol
speaking for myself, it's not about taking him seriously. i never took him seriously. as the mouthpiece for the organization, or at the very least, the go-between, he was an embarrassment. he was an insult to most sox fans and a joke to fans of other teams. i suppose if you look at it a certain way, he was the perfect representative for the joke that has been the 'braintrust' of this team for so many years.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met him when he played for the Red Sox. He is a unique guy. Serious as throat cancer one minute and in the next minute you're pissing your pants in hysterical laughter. Truly a nice guy to those of us outside the game.

Congrats Hawk.....you truly deserve it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking for myself, it's not about taking him seriously. i never took him seriously. as the mouthpiece for the organization, or at the very least, the go-between, he was an embarrassment. he was an insult to most sox fans and a joke to fans of other teams. i suppose if you look at it a certain way, he was the perfect representative for the joke that has been the 'braintrust' of this team for so many years.
RPMJ3ZO2FS2JV4DPKM2L6FP47A.jpg

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... I use the phrases "can of corn"..."ducksnort"..."waiting in the weeds"..."You can put it on the board! YES!" "MERCY!" "Crooked number" (every time a team scores two or more) all the time.

There's probably tons more I use that I can't think of...but just sayin'...dude was a big part of my Sox fandom. I'm happy.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... I use the phrases "can of corn"..."ducksnort"..."waiting in the weeds"..."You can put it on the board! YES!" "MERCY!" "Crooked number" (every time a team scores two or more) all the time.

There's probably tons more I use that I can't think of...but just sayin'...dude was a big part of my Sox fandom. I'm happy.

"He Gone!"

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course! That I forgot that one, even on the fly, makes me sad.
He gone
This game is ovah
You can put it on the board....YES
Can of corn
Grab some bench

I loved a lot of his sayings, but these were my favorites of favorites.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a surprise that you're dismayed and outraged at something.