• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Havlat's impact

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. What do you expect out of Martin Havlat in terms of point production and on ice play?

2. Who do you think he will play with? Who do you think he should play with?

3. How big of an impact do you think he will have on this year's team?

4. Will he fit into the play style of the team?

(trying to pass the time)

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he is going to get around 80pnts playing jumbo jill and Patricia. Solid 2 way play overall team speed. Improvement

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 70 Pts

2. I think he'll bounce between the top two lines but end up with Couture unless Couture ends up on top. I'd like to see he and Patty on the 2nd line, but that won't happen.

3. Ups the team speed considerably and I don't think I can overstate the impact that will have. He can't fix everyone, but it will help whoever is on the ice with him in all 3 zones.

4. I think he's well rounded enough to fit in anywhere, but if he's not paired with 2 slow skaters 100% of the time he'll fit even better.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he bounces between the top two lines as well. I am split between putting him with Patty and having a speed line and splitting them up to spread out the speed.

My initial thought is:

Patty-Jumbo-Pavs
Clowe-Cooter-Havlat

Although you could switch Pavs and Havlat and I wouldn't be too broken up about it.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting him to put up somewhere around 25 goals/45 assists. I don't want him to play with Thornton. Both want the puck on their stick to create offense for their linemates so that may cause a clash in play styles. It seems as though the Sharks forwards may lack shooters now that Heater and Seto are out. Guys like Thornton, Clowe, Havlat all keep the puck to create chances for linemates. Although I'd say Havlat can be flexible if asked to shoot. I cannot say the same for Clowe and Thornton.

I think Havlat is going to add a great dimension to the Sharks as a speedy playmaking winger. Up till now, all the Sharks playmaking forwards are slow, big guys (Clowe, Jumbo) and even Pavs who isn't so big, but is slow. Adding Havlat will give a new element to the Sharks attack and so I do hope Todd uses Marleau and Havlat together. It should not be set in stone that Marleau and Jumbo are a permanent tandem now that the top 6 has seen big changes.

Marleau/Pavs/Havlat would look great even though this makes the other line contain a tandem of Clowe and Thornton whose styles clash severely.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he'll be right around a PPG. Would be more but he'll probably see 2nd unit PP time.

His linemates will most likely be either Clowe and Pavelski or Clowe and Couture. The latter being the best fit IMO.

I think he'll have a huge impact on ES scoring, an area the Sharks really struggled with last season.

He'll fit a lot better than Heatley.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be right around a PPG. Would be more but he'll probably see 2nd unit PP time.

His linemates will most likely be either Clowe and Pavelski or Clowe and Couture. The latter being the best fit IMO.

I think he'll have a huge impact on ES scoring, an area the Sharks really struggled with last season.

He'll fit a lot better than Heatley.

I'll drink to that!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll drink to that!

You were gonna drink anyway, now you just have a reason. :D

I think he'll have around 70pts. His biggest impact will come for his linemates with his ability to push back defenders with his speed and 5-on-5 scoring should increase as Heatley was a PP whore.

Or the IR.....

:L

Last edited by a moderator: