• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HAVLAT

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of you bummed about this trade? I know Heatley didn't fit the team like we hoped but this guy cannot stay healthy. He's never made it through a full 82 game season!!!

Is he even practicing yet...........?

I cannot begin to picture this guy lasting long in the playoffs at this point. Sorry for the negative words but I dunno this was a huge gamble I feel.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he's practicing... here he is today (from Brodie Brazil's tweeter feed):

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

And I personally am not worried about this trade because Heatley was a lazy POS and I would have been happy with him traded for a bag of pucks. Even (a hurt) Havlat is certainly more than that...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was expected back around November and he's on that pace to meet that. I don't know what the fuss is. Havlat will still play his 70 or so games. While the recovery time for a torn labrum is usually fairly long, around six months, it's very uncommon for that injury to reoccur in hockey once it's fully healed so there's no real concern of him missing more games once he comes back.

Besides loosing Heatley was addition by subtraction. Heatley's a good player but he never found a place with the Sharks and ended up being a $7.5m anchor to the team.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What rares and Cmon said. The Sharks lineup minus Heatler is better even without Havlat in there.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What rares and Cmon said. The Sharks lineup minus Heatler is better even without Havlat in there.

Sad but true, thats such a horrible statement about Heatley too, i wonder what happened to the kid that scored 4 goals in an all star game.

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couldn't be happier that the Heatler chapter is closed and over. From day 1 never liked that move. Things only got worse when he didn't produce to his contract value.

Pretty stoked to see how Havlat's speed changes their game. With Burns on the back end able to skate and pass, coupled with more upfront speed, breakouts and transitions could be scary fun to watch. If that means waiting a couple weeks for him to heal up, fine. I'm cool with that.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I heard maybe sometime in Nov. We can expect to see Havlat on the ice. That's fine with me, but it sure sucks seeing Setoguchi playing and not being able to see Havlat play.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against Havlat the player, but since he's so injury prone, I wish DWil could have just traded Heatley, Coyle and a 1st Rounder for Burns.

Ok, dream over :D

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against Havlat the player, but since he's so injury prone, I wish DWil could have just traded Heatley, Coyle and a 1st Rounder for Burns.

:clap2:
Very true,

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oooh, that would have been nice. I have seen a few Seto highlights and that makes me a sad panda :frown: :panda:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Heatley still had a full NMC when the Burns trade went down. Setoguchi was the only goal scorer on the team that could be easily moved at that time and I'd guess there were a few teams vying for Burns' services.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess I'll post this here. Kevin Kurz, new Sharks CSN reporter, say that both Niemi and Havlat are traveling to Anaheim with the team and both are now listed as game time decisions.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havlat officially out for tomorrow, apparently. Niemi still TBD but I'm guessing he's in.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havlat officially out for tomorrow, apparently. Niemi still TBD but I'm guessing he's in.

Let's hear what he (Havlat) has to say from the booth, if he can a word in...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fine with me. I'd rather Havlat get back to 100% before he plays rather than going at 80% and having a chance of re-aggravating his injury. The Sharks can win without him.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatley still had a full NMC when the Burns trade went down. Setoguchi was the only goal scorer on the team that could be easily moved at that time and I'd guess there were a few teams vying for Burns' services.

Are you trying to tell me how to dream???

:madgrin:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't be happier that the Heatler chapter is closed and over. From day 1 never liked that move. Things only got worse when he didn't produce to his contract value.

Pretty stoked to see how Havlat's speed changes their game. With Burns on the back end able to skate and pass, coupled with more upfront speed, breakouts and transitions could be scary fun to watch. If that means waiting a couple weeks for him to heal up, fine. I'm cool with that.

Agreed. When there were rumors of Heater being disgruntled in OTT and wanting to get out I hoped that Doug wouldn't pursue him. It happened, so since I always cheer for the logo, I cheered for Heatley. His 5 playoff goals in 32 Sharks games makes it easy to watch him leave. Sure he had assists, but a guy like Heatley was brought in to score. Even if he didn't play well defensively, fine, just score. He couldn't do that.

Havlat is going to add a brand new dimension to the team. The only player on the Sharks that can come close to being described as a speedy, shifty playmaker is Marleau and I wouldn't call him shifty. I'm still cautious as to how well Havlat will mesh with the rest of the roster in terms of play style.