• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HAvent commented on this game yet, so here goes.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I expect out of this weekends game from a Redskins prespective.

First.... Offensively.

Now I know every one says we got no shot unless RG3 from week 12 of last year shows up. But I disagree on this heavily. And here is why. I think RG3 has slowly matured as an actual pocket passer over the first four games. And more to the point I think this is by design and agreement between him and the coaches. It would be pointless to have tried to run alot of zone read stuff early when even if healthy, he is still working the knee back into form. So we didnt call it. And yes it hurt us early on in the win loss bracket, but it forced him to start to take the second and third read approach which can only make him a better over all QB going forward. This being said, I expect a little more out of him this week in both pure passing, as well as the roll out and even a little zone read stuff. Facing a very weak pass defense, it would not be wise to try and force the run but rather take what Dallas is so apt at giving up right now in the passing game.

I expect Morris will get a few more touches, but the main focus will be on sustaining drives, so sprinkle in a bit more of Helu as a pass catcher out of the backfield. Also wont be shocked to see some two TE sets in play in the passing game.

Defense....

I expect the blitz to come early and often. Haslett is not going to sit back and allow Romo to get comfortable in the pocket after the game he had last week. We havent really seen the speed package too much this season, but I expect we will see it a few times this weekend.

All in all, this game aint a gimme, but its also winnable if the Skins defense can actually show up minimally. Control the clock, limit the big plays on defense. Run the ball when we have it.

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i know is Alfred better get 20 or more touches... Were 9-1 when that happens

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the running game needs to be huge . if it is then play action will work and Rg3 excels at that

the other thing we need is a pass rush .

if romo gets the time he did vs the broncos he will chew us up :suds:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RG3 wants to be a pocket passer only...trade him today and play Cousins. Cousins is a better pocket passer than RG3.

RG3's THREAT of the run makes the defense play with one less player...at a minimum...and that threat has to be real.

RG3's leg is fine...it's now a mental block and probably a money thing that prevents him from running. The problem is he will never get a contract like he wants without the threat of the run.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RG3 wants to be a pocket passer only...trade him today and play Cousins. Cousins is a better pocket passer than RG3.

RG3's THREAT of the run makes the defense play with one less player...at a minimum...and that threat has to be real.

RG3's leg is fine...it's now a mental block and probably a money thing that prevents him from running. The problem is he will never get a contract like he wants without the threat of the run.

So you are basically saying he doesnt have the Skill set to be anything more than a Read Option threat of the run QB?? If thats the case, we were extremely stupid to make the trade for him. If he cant develop as a true QB , then what good is he??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2:

the 1st 4 games have shown to me he can be a very good pocket passer once he is confident in his knee

now i get we should let Rg3 be who he is but why would you trade him if he becomes a pocket passer that can move around and extend plays ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to miss the point. Cousins is a better pocket passer and always will be.

RG3 has the ability to put more pressure on a defense because of his legs. He has to prove he can use his legs to be a better QB. When he shows he can use his legs he becomes a far better QB than Cousins. You don't have to run the read/option every play to be a great QB. He didn't use it often last season but teams had to respect it. It keeps backside pursuit from pursuing and that's how Morris ran for 1600 yards.

RG3 has not proven he can be a very good pocket passer, yet...without the threat of the run. He has got most of his production when we were down by more than 2 TDs.

If you want a pocket passer, keep Cousins. Trade RG3 while people still think he will be able to run. He was never drafted to be a pocket passer. He was drafted to be one of the most dynamic QBs the game has ever seen.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to miss the point. Cousins is a better pocket passer and always will be.

RG3 has the ability to put more pressure on a defense because of his legs. He has to prove he can use his legs to be a better QB. When he shows he can use his legs he becomes a far better QB than Cousins. You don't have to run the read/option every play to be a great QB. He didn't use it often last season but teams had to respect it. It keeps backside pursuit from pursuing and that's how Morris ran for 1600 yards.

RG3 has not proven he can be a very good pocket passer, yet...without the threat of the run. He has got most of his production when we were down by more than 2 TDs.

If you want a pocket passer, keep Cousins. Trade RG3 while people still think he will be able to run. He was never drafted to be a pocket passer. He was drafted to be one of the most dynamic QBs the game has ever seen.

i think the above statement is foolish . KC is not a better pocket passer and if he is now he certainly wont always be

the fact is he can be a pocket passer that can move . he isnt asked to be dan marino nor will he be its foolish to even suggest that RG3 would be a statue in the pocket

once he feels confident in his knee he will push off better and hence be better in the pocket which the stats say he is fairly decent at

i think we just need to be patient , let the healing process continue and we will see the Rg3 we all know and love

and yes the healing is still in progress although it is almost all mental now

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH

What Washington hoped they got when drafting RG3 was a new and improved version of Tarkington, Young, Staubach, Cunningham with a arm that can develop into a really good pocket passer as needed.

The knee injury slowed down the progress for at least 1 year. It might be healed physically but the mental aspect has to be hard to overcome especially since he has had the injury b4 in college.

I obviously don't root for the Redskins but Griffins a good kid and I hope he recovers fully.

JMHO

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH

What Washington hoped they got when drafting RG3 was a new and improved version of Tarkington, Young, Staubach, Cunningham with a arm that can develop into a really good pocket passer as needed.

The knee injury slowed down the progress for at least 1 year. It might be healed physically but the mental aspect has to be hard to overcome especially since he has had the injury b4 in college.

I obviously don't root for the Redskins but Griffins a good kid and I hope he recovers fully.

JMHO
Right on colors. Some of these guys are unbelievable with their analysis of Griffin and what he can or can't do.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffen has the ability and promise to be a good pocket passer. But he can be a game changing QB by combing his passing ability with strategic use of his running ability. In reality, right now, RG3 is a better passer on the move than he is in the pocket and much of this is due to our OL. If he stays in the pocket, our OL routinely collapses from the middle in. This makes RG3's vision very restricted, he is not the tallest of QBs. Until we have a better pass blocking OL, we need to use him on the move giving him the ability to hurt a defense in two ways, with his arm and with his leg. If we are dead set on turning him into a pocket passer exclusively then I can see GK's point. We did not trade away 3 additional draft picks to take a dynamic, multidimensional, game changing player and turn him into a good pocket passer..

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, I never said I wanted to trade RG3. I said, if he's simply going to be a pocket passer, Cousins is the better choice and then you trade him.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, I never said I wanted to trade RG3. I said, if he's simply going to be a pocket passer, Cousins is the better choice and then you trade him.

Again, just another opinion of yours that holds no water. Cousins has played less than 8 quarters in the NFL and you claim he is a better pocket passer. Check yourself GK. How about this...After last night, I saw dissension among the ranks on the sideline with Kyle & RG3. Kyle has too much control and the current scheme is limiting RG3. Make no mistake, RG3 has a very strong arm, is very intelligent, has the ability to run, read progressions etc... All the makings of a good pocket passer however, the coaching from Kyle is holding our QB back. It appears RG3 does not have the ability to "check" out of plays. For example, Helu lined up at WR in man coverage against a LB and we do nothing to change the play and take advantage of that? It's like remedial play calling going on out there, not an NFL offense which I believe RG3 would thrive in. Fix the oline (Monty, Chester, Polumbus) and add a legit WR along with a legit Head Coach and play caller and we would improve dramatically with RG3 as our QB. We have guys like Morris, Helu, Garcon, Reed etc to be much better on offense than we are now. It's time for a change in philosophy and it starts with the Head Coach and his Son.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, just another opinion of yours that holds no water. Cousins has played less than 8 quarters in the NFL and you claim he is a better pocket passer. Check yourself GK. How about this...After last night, I saw dissension among the ranks on the sideline with Kyle & RG3. Kyle has too much control and the current scheme is limiting RG3. Make no mistake, RG3 has a very strong arm, is very intelligent, has the ability to run, read progressions etc... All the makings of a good pocket passer however, the coaching from Kyle is holding our QB back. It appears RG3 does not have the ability to "check" out of plays. For example, Helu lined up at WR in man coverage against a LB and we do nothing to change the play and take advantage of that? It's like remedial play calling going on out there, not an NFL offense which I believe RG3 would thrive in. Fix the oline (Monty, Chester, Polumbus) and add a legit WR along with a legit Head Coach and play caller and we would improve dramatically with RG3 as our QB. We have guys like Morris, Helu, Garcon, Reed etc to be much better on offense than we are now. It's time for a change in philosophy and it starts with the Head Coach and his Son.

That explanation is way too convenient. I agree with you about the O-line and perhaps the coaching. However - RG3 is by no means free from blame on all of this. Right now he is awful in regards to seeing the entire field for 2nd & 3rd options. He had Reed wide open on one play & luckily found another receiver. He also made a throw to Moss that was decent, but if correctly excuted could have been a very long gain & maybe a TD.

RG3 also needs to stop holding onto the ball so long & stop trying to make miracle plays all of the time. It can lead to terrible results. He needs to start playing smarter in this area. I also have to think that he has to share the blame on awful clock mgmt. This can be shared with the coaches

Again - I agree on several of your points. However - we all need to admit that RG3 is still a work in progress and certainly has some shortcomings that go well beyond his rehab. Different coaches might help but RG3 has to also be a part of this improvement. He is not the total package at this point but certainly can & possibly will be in the relatively near future.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH

JMHO

For selfish reasons I hope he never recovers. At least not until the fans run him out of town. That guy is scary good with what he can do.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark,

One thing noticeably missing from your pregame assessment of the game was the Special Teams. Unfortunately for us - they were also missing from the game last night & played a huge part in the outcome. Not sure how anyone can defend Burns at this point.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark,

One thing noticeably missing from your pregame assessment of the game was the Special Teams. Unfortunately for us - they were also missing from the game last night & played a huge part in the outcome. Not sure how anyone can defend Burns at this point.

Socal... I have given up long ago on our special teams positively affecting a game. I didnt expect them to lose the game for us though. And primarily that is what they did. Griffin looked like McNabb out there alot of the time, but the loss hangs squarely on the Special teams. You cant defend Burns. And Im seriously starting to wonder about forbath. His kickoffs are pathetic considering that almost all were returnable.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 was not very good at throwing the football last night. He flat out missed his WRs a few times when they were very open. It is obvious the knee is an issue still. He can still run straight fast as crap but he isn't showing the moves he had last year. He can still avoid pressure in the pocket and scramble more and that is what makes him very dangerous now but he has to complete those passes and last night he missed on a handful.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can claim Kirk Cousins is a better pocket passer than RG3 because in his 8 quarters he has shown the ability to be a good pocket passer. RG3 can be a good pocket passer when the threat of the run is there. I can make this claim because Cousins was a better pocket passer in college than RG3 and has more experience in route trees and reading defenses. Why is it RG3 can improve as a pocket passer but Cousins cannot?

Isn't Kyle the OC? How does he have too much say? How is he limiting RG3? Do I believe the play-calling sucked...yes but I want to know how he's limiting RG3.

When has RG3 shown the ability to read a defense? Even the announcers realized he doesn't go past option 1 in his reads.

If you have Helu going against a LB lined up as a WR, you expect a LB to cover him. Not sure what you mean by changing the play to take advantage of that.

You lose all credibility with statements suggesting Mike Shanahan is not a "legit HC." He has won 2 SBs as a head coach. You lose credibility with statements about Kyle not being able to call plays considering he had top 3 offenses in Houston and we were top 5 last season.

The difference in this team from last year and this...is RG3. He's not the same yet because his mechanics have regressed. Watch him land on his front foot, or not land on his front foot this season. Think about what that does to a pass and now equate that to RG3's inaccuracies this season. It causes passes to go high.

Gain some credibility and then talk to me.

PEACE OUT