• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have we seen this movie before

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire sports media and all the social media outlets can't stop gushing about this guy named Jayden. We've been hearing it all day... lets give him ROY right now. I see a more disciplined Lamar v2 when I watch him. NFCE just got served notice... blah blah blah. If I recall the same things were being said about another ROY RG3 after his first game in New Orleans 2012. 19/26 320yrds,, 2 passing TDs no pics,, 9 rushes 42 yrds,, 7 WRs with 20 or more yrds,, same 7 WRs with catches of 20 yrds or more,,12.3 yrds completion on average.

What I'm saying is we all know how that movie we saw 12 years ago ended. If you don't remember it ended very badly. Jayden Daniels is a skinny kid taking on linebackers. Remember that part of the movie that we all saw before? Again, didn't end well. Seems we have another QB who has a problem with sliding. I'm fearing the worst, is all.

I just wish the media and a lot of fans would calm down some and not put the kid on the top QB list of greats already. In reality...It's one really really good game, and that's all it is, but it feels good to once again have reasons to be excited.

#JD5

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s good to pump the brakes and be real however people are high after an exciting game and hope for the future .

Rep you are exactly right a steady hand is needed

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a performance last night. Everything clicked. I had never seen an offensive performance like that in a while.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daniels seems humble, by all accounts is a really hard worker, a fast processor, and can read an entire field (as opposed to a single read).

This makes him pretty different than RG3.

He also gets rid of the ball very quickly, which helps reduce the likelihood of taking big shots.

OTOH, there are a lot of Haloti Natas in this league, and if Daniels doesnt learn to slide more often, he is almost guaranteed to get seriously hurt.

At least the oline did its part last night by giving him time and space to operate.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My worry is and was Daniels taking hits. I think the difference between Griffin and Jayden is the ability to play the position. Griffin's one good year was Shanahan catching the league by surprise with the RPO game.

Very few QBs go 12 years without an injury. JD5 will likely suffer some sort of injury lets just hope it isn't serious.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My worry is and was Daniels taking hits. I think the difference between Griffin and Jayden is the ability to play the position. Griffin's one good year was Shanahan catching the league by surprise with the RPO game.

Very few QBs go 12 years without an injury. JD5 will likely suffer some sort of injury lets just hope it isn't serious.

Yup, this.

It was the worry since he was drafted. Skinny-ish kid who plays bigger than he is, and cant or wont slide.

His wheels seem to be a big part of his game, but fortunately not the only part of his game (unlike rg3).

I like the calls KK gave him to start games and start his career. Get JD used to finding his safety valves, high percentage passes until it feels like he can open it up. After all, this is supposed to be a rebuilding year.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 couldn't throw like that to save his life especially from the pocket
Griffin could throw just fine from the pocket. It was his pocket presence/awareness that was the issue. Its still early, but Jayden seems to have a good presence/awareness in the pocket.

And while I hope I'm wrong or he makes adjustments to the way he plays/runs. He's not as straight line fast as Griffin was, but he's a much more fluid runner with some nice wiggle. And every time Griffin got hit or tackled it looked like something was gonna break into pieces. Jayden doesn't look near as fragile as Griffin did.

In Griffin's rookie year. He had 120 carries or 8 rushes per in the 15 games he played in. At his present rate. Jayden is averaging 12.6 carries a game which would come to 228 carries in an 18 game season. That is not gonna work

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a different movie we've never seen before. As some have already commented RG3 benefitted greatly from heavy RPO and the penalties that came with hitting the qb at that time. Additionally, the team made plays, Jayden put them in spots to execute but the team won that game. RG3 and the skins nearly beat the seahawks in the playoffs, if we make the playoffs, which i expect to do so, the bandwagon boys will rightfully come out. This is a huge win, try to enjoy it.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish the media and a lot of fans would calm down some and not put the kid on the top QB list of greats already. In reality...It's one really really good game, and that's all it is, but it feels good to once again have reasons to be excited.
THIS. 100% this. over the top excitement for Jayden’s good game and HOPE for the future is one thing but crowning anyone after 1 game is absolutely nuts.

teams are going to analyze and adjust, let’s see how our team reacts. We don't really have blue chip players on O and D, but it’ll be interesting to see who steps up and how this all plays out.

btw, nice to see ya Rep :wave:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin could throw just fine from the pocket. It was his pocket presence/awareness that was the issue. Its still early, but Jayden seems to have a good presence/awareness in the pocket.

And while I hope I'm wrong or he makes adjustments to the way he plays/runs. He's not as straight line fast as Griffin was, but he's a much more fluid runner with some nice wiggle. And every time Griffin got hit or tackled it looked like something was gonna break into pieces. Jayden doesn't look near as fragile as Griffin did.

In Griffin's rookie year. He had 120 carries or 8 rushes per in the 15 games he played in. At his present rate. Jayden is averaging 12.6 carries a game which would come to 228 carries in an 18 game season. That is not gonna work

As I said in the previous post I can't help but have flashbacks to that first game in NO by Griffin. But this guy is different, he is much more experienced in big games and from playing in the pocket. He came into the league far more advanced.

But still it's impossible to get that out of my mind so I too am taking the cautious approach. .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire sports media and all the social media outlets can't stop gushing about this guy named Jayden. We've been hearing it all day... lets give him ROY right now. I see a more disciplined Lamar v2 when I watch him. NFCE just got served notice... blah blah blah. If I recall the same things were being said about another ROY RG3 after his first game in New Orleans 2012. 19/26 320yrds,, 2 passing TDs no pics,, 9 rushes 42 yrds,, 7 WRs with 20 or more yrds,, same 7 WRs with catches of 20 yrds or more,,12.3 yrds completion on average.

What I'm saying is we all know how that movie we saw 12 years ago ended. If you don't remember it ended very badly. Jayden Daniels is a skinny kid taking on linebackers. Remember that part of the movie that we all saw before? Again, didn't end well. Seems we have another QB who has a problem with sliding. I'm fearing the worst, is all.

#JD5
Same smoke, and I get it, so perhaps it would br beneficial to go back and redo the draft, only this time they draft Drake Maye!
That's what this is all about , correct?
If not, consider the facts that Kirk Cousins was in the pocket when he got hurt. Same thing with Aaron Rogers, Jordan Love, and J.J.McCarthy got hurt walking down stairs at home. It's football, damn, people get hurt!

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Same smoke, and I get it, so perhaps it would br beneficial to go back and redo the draft, only this time they draft Drake Maye!
That's what this is all about , correct?

I’m assuming you mean that Maye is more a pocket passer and Jayden a hybrid. I absolutely love that they drafted Daniels just to be clear. I’m cheering for him like nobody else. My post was about the similarities in play here. 2nd overall pick. Running QB. Hype after a great game. Non slider.

I get it he seems a better passer. Smarter decision maker and better pocket awareness, and I understand QBs get hurt in the pocket, but Jayden is a skinny 210 pounder taking on linebackers. If he doesn’t stop going head first the movie will end the same way. Maybe as he trains he puts on 10 or 15 pounds of muscle but running on average 13 times a game balls to the wall don’t bode well for QBs and their careers.

This was the first game out of 3 where he was looking downfield as he scrambled around.. looking to throw before running.. yet still ran 12 times. Like to see it down round 5 a game and a few throw aways. Want my QB for 10 years.. not alway 10 yards

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS. 100% this. over the top excitement for Jayden’s good game and HOPE for the future is one thing but crowning anyone after 1 game is absolutely nuts.

teams are going to analyze and adjust, let’s see how our team reacts. We don't really have blue chip players on O and D, but it’ll be interesting to see who steps up and how this all plays out.

btw, nice to see ya Rep :wave:
Nice being back. I’ve been looking from afar checking out what everyones been chatting about throughout the year. Don’t have much to say or add in the off season.