• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have the packers wasted Aaron Rodgers

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or someone that gets paid to catch a football should catch a football.

Now according to you guys Rodgers isn’t allowed to play close games, in a conference title game no less. Got it.

Rodgers derangement syndrome is real... Seek help.

Again coaching. Bostick was supposed to be a blocker on that kick. Do your job and likely we're talking about something else.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing one of the best defenses of that era on the road... in a conference title game for crying out loud. Not to mention defending champs. Bottom line is if the onside kick goes like it goes 99% of the time the Packers are in the SB.

Rodgers completes 2 or 3 of those passes in the 4th quarter the chains move, maybe get another FG and keeps Seattle's O on the side lines while killing more clock. The on side kick probably doesn't happen and GB goes.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again coaching. Bostick was supposed to be a blocker on that kick. Do your job and likely we're talking about something else.

Also, remember the rest of the game. The defense allowed Seattle to score a TD. Rodgers drove GB for a tying FG in regulation. The defense allowed a TD pass on OT. Rodgers' fault GB lost? Not in the least.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have access to better stats than I do. I can only talk about general remembrances. The Packer D has been an area of concern since before Capers. They have had some decent to great seasons from individuals but it never seemed to me to be a great team.

BTW, what year were they #2?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Rodgers didn't lose that game, Bostick did.
The arguement could be Rodgers didn't win it for his team either.

If I had to blame just one person which I don't think is right. It would be the ST coach or HC for not ensuring Bostick was a blocker.

Again should've never let it come down to one play.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, remember the rest of the game. The defense allowed Seattle to score a TD. Rodgers drove GB for a tying FG in regulation. The defense allowed a TD pass on OT. Rodgers' fault GB lost? Not in the least.

Funny many Hooplians will disagree. Brady lost his 3 SBs regardless of how many times he marched his team down the field for either TDs or FGs. I guess it was Brady's fault for leaving too much time on the clock for the opposition:noidea:

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny many Hooplians will disagree. Brady lost his 3 SBs regardless of how many times he marched his team down the field for either TDs or FGs. I guess it was Brady's fault for leaving too much time on the clock for the opposition:noidea:

I'm just saying from a team view, the defense was cause for more losses than the offense. I have said before that Rodgers is probably #3 Packers' QB. Teams lose games but there is always one facet that is the main culprit.

Reactions: GNG

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except one play decides a game all the time, every single day, in every single sport.

Cute words of wisdom though.

Great narrow minded view point. Those other 59 minutes and xxx seconds didn't matter I guess?

Butthurt and hyperbole fit you well.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great narrow minded view point. Those other 59 minutes and xxx seconds didn't matter I guess?

Butthurt and hyperbole fit you well.
I’ve heard the “maybe if he did this or that earlier in the game” response so many times I just roll my eyes now. Nothing Rodgers does will ever be good enough for you. That is clear at this point.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying from a team view, the defense was cause for more losses than the offense. I have said before that Rodgers is probably #3 Packers' QB. Teams lose games but there is always one facet that is the main culprit.

Three phases to the game and each are equally important. If you have a glaring hole in one area you'd better hope the other two are spot on.

Coaching and FO takes the blame if a team is ill prepared from a depth standpoint or to a game plan. Execution is on the players. Bottom line there are a lot of AR apologists out there. Either he had no offense or he had no defense...

Yet many posters have shown that just isn't true.

For what it's worth I hate blamming one guy. It's a team game with three facets along with good coaching that seperates teams.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three phases to the game and each are equally important. If you have a glaring hole in one area you'd better hope the other two are spot on.

Coaching and FO takes the blame if a team is ill prepared from a depth standpoint or to a game plan. Execution is on the players. Bottom line there are a lot of AR apologists out there. Either he had no offense or he had no defense...

Yet many posters have shown that just isn't true.

For what it's worth I hate blamming one guy. It's a team game with three facets along with good coaching that seperates teams.

I do disagree with that at all. However, we both know that Rodgers(and Brady) had more good games in losses than bad games. Very rarely could you look at the passing game as being at fault for a loss.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard the “maybe if he did this or that earlier in the game” response so many times I just roll my eyes now. Nothing Rodgers does will ever be good enough for you. That is clear at this point.

I'm not standing on an island. Look at all the posters that agree with me.

I've been on record for years I liked GB and NO as my NFC teams if I had one. Loved the game I went to at Lambeau. I've even said how good of a QB Rodgers is (now bordering on was) but I can't stomach the apoligists or the individuals arguing he's the GOAT when it's been clearly shown by many he's not.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do disagree with that at all. However, we both know that Rodgers(and Brady) had more good games in losses than bad games. Very rarely could you look at the passing game as being at fault for a loss.

OK we'll just have to disagree. Yet you've unknowingly agreed. I clearly stated it's three phases. You're saying one facet normally isn't the blame. We agree

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK we'll just have to disagree. Yet you've unknowingly agreed. I clearly stated it's three phases. You're saying one facet normally isn't the blame. We agree

You and I may. I also say GB has not wasted Rodgers. It's been a good run so far. Not NE good, but good.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does matter who the WR/TE is cause of of the offenses scheme. Every offense hits bumps throughout the season but the top 15 QBs lessen the bumps. GB has drafted enough quality talent that a top 3 QB in Rodgers should have had more than 1 app in the SB.
Why does this "quality talent" do nothing when Rodgers is out? Did NE suffer much when Gronk goes down what seems like every year? which WR did NO lose that brought their O back to the pack?

Just a coincidence Indy was 12-4, then 1-15, then 11-5 then stumbled again, then back in the playoffs?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably comes down to what a person thinks of Brady. If he's one of those who doesn't like him, he'll find reason to blame him. Same here with Rodgers (though clearly Brady has accomplished far more than AR).

Reactions: GNG