• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haskins...Yes or No?

Should Dwayne Haskins start immediately?

• 1. YES

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • 2. NO

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • 3. Maybe (explain)

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had one but the FO blew that deal. The one that just left was going to smash Theismann's stats …. without the running game and defense Theismann had. Hopefully the new No. 7 can play as well as the guy we let walk.

I truly believe that the FO you refer to in this case is Bruce Allen w/ heavy influence from Snyder. Allen botched this one from the beginning. If he didn't want Cousins - fine - take care of that early on. You don't tag a guy twice & then kick him to the curb. If this team can work to keep Allen out of personnel matters for the most part that will should bode well for future success.

I realize that you will never keep Snyder out of these matters completely. However if he believes that the FO is competent I believe that his influence will be reduced. I also believe that there has been a relatively recent rift between Allen & Snyder & that this along with other things may explain why Allen doesn't really appear to be a major part of personnel moves at this time. Let's hope it stays this way.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the team was a playoff caliber team LAST season but injuries torpedoed it . if we are relatively healthy i think we will be in the mix this season whether its with CK or haskins .

i think we have some corp players and i think it will build in time

as for holes , all teams have them but i believe we have 2 good lines decent LBS , good corners , reliable run game decent TE's . if we get good qb play and some wrs step up we are fine

but we arent going anywhere with 26 Ir's , 4 qbs etc

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had one but the FO blew that deal. The one that just left was going to smash Theismann's stats …. without the running game and defense Theismann had. Hopefully the new No. 7 can play as well as the guy we let walk.
Regardless of what Theismann had or didn't have, he was the 83' NFL MVP. Dude had ice in his veins. Something we haven't had in DC since.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what Theismann had or didn't have, he was the 83' NFL MVP. Dude had ice in his veins. Something we haven't had in DC since.

I am a Theismann fan and always have been. The only QBs I have ever seen with the kind of team Joe had around him were Schroeder, Williams and Rypien. I would say it is hard to say whether we had someone as good based on the talent they played with in the 80s compared to the talent the team has had since 1992.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who?:D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robert Griffin. :D Ohhhhh, maybe Scott Brunnell or Rex Grossman or Jason Campbell or Danny Worstful or Jeff George or well you get the point. :L … Wait! Wait! I meant Trent Green, he was equal to (plus or minus 6%) to Theismann. :thumb:

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I love the intelligence Haskins displayed in this video. He would definitely be a Cabin Six kid in Half Blood Camp because he is all about brains and strategy.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the best answer

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This from Gruden ( the latest)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I have read Haskins is not quite ready to start. I don't see a reason to rush him if there is an obvious difference. Jay has said repeatedly that you can see the talent in Haskins but he is still learning.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I have read Haskins is not quite ready to start. I don't see a reason to rush him if there is an obvious difference. Jay has said repeatedly that you can see the talent in Haskins but he is still learning.

I think the big thing is adjusting to the playbook. If he takes a little longer to get up to speed because of the vast difference in a Meyer system and the NFL I see no reason to rush him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how they will handle this at the current time & honestly I am not sure what is the correct approach in this situation. This is also compounded by the fact that Gruden is likely in a win now situation this season.

However I would state that this will likely be viewed differently once the season actually starts. Let's say Keenum starts, but the team has a losing record after the 1st 5 games (very possible) & a lot of that is due to the offense not being totally effective. A lot of that may not even be due to Keenum, but there will be incredible pressure to turn the reigns over to Haskins. This would likely come from fans, media, other players, ownership, etc. That would be a real challenge for Gruden.

Having said that it would be much less of an issue with starting the season with Keenum since turning the job over to Haskins midseason (if that occurred) would be a natural transition. Starting the season with Haskins & benching him midseason could be a disaster. Worst case would be a game of musical QBs (like the Skins had the one season w/ RG3, Cousins & McCoy). Stability is one of the major keys for success.

Oh well - we will see. This will be a real challenge for Gruden & I trust he will make the rt decision.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be sorted out in TC . in my opinion we will have a losing record in the 1st 5 games . it will be either 1-4 or 2-3 no matter who starts . truth be told all 3 qbs will be in competition and ALL have a chance .

so let the competition play out and the best man will win . i agree simba appears to be behind

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be sorted out in TC . in my opinion we will have a losing record in the 1st 5 games . it will be either 1-4 or 2-3 no matter who starts . truth be told all 3 qbs will be in competition and ALL have a chance .

so let the competition play out and the best man will win . i agree simba appears to be behind

I am fine with Keenum or Haskins starting (McCoy - ehh - not really crazy about that since inevitably he is turnover prone & does not appear to be a true starter). I am alright with them struggling a bit especially early on. My main concern is just that Haskins doesn't get too rattled if/when he encounters some struggles. However maybe that is not even a legit concern since the kid appears to be pretty tough & might be able to overcome that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Keenum or Haskins starting (McCoy - ehh - not really crazy about that since inevitably he is turnover prone & does not appear to be a true starter). I am alright with them struggling a bit especially early on. My main concern is just that Haskins doesn't get too rattled if/when he encounters some struggles. However maybe that is not even a legit concern since the kid appears to be pretty tough & might be able to overcome that.

yeah i feel you on colt but his knowledge of the offense will factor in the equation . my feeling is if we come out 2-3 to start then we have a punchers chance . better yet if we beat the eagles and boys all the better

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i feel you on colt but his knowledge of the offense will factor in the equation . my feeling is if we come out 2-3 to start then we have a punchers chance . better yet if we beat the eagles and boys all the better

Yep & kind of hard to tell how well the Skins will do early on with so many unknowns. At this time we don't know about things such as QB play, play of young WRs, Guice's play, potential improvements with young defensive players (e.g. Moreau or Hamilton), health of O-line, status for T. Williams, etc, etc. A lot of things up in the air that should be very fun to watch as they unfold.