• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haskins...Yes or No?

Should Dwayne Haskins start immediately?

• 1. YES

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • 2. NO

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • 3. Maybe (explain)

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad, with all due respect I think you are being way too optimistic even though I hope I'm wrong.

6-10, 7-9, or 8-8 at best seems to be more accurate at his point with the cards I'm reading.
again i think we have a top 15 defense and with better qb play we are in the mix

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea how much I am pulling for your optimism!
Injuries are really the issue . Last season were in the hunt until injuries decimated us

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are really the issue . Last season were in the hunt until injuries decimated us

Yep & the first 5 games will determine a lot for this team. That part of the schedule is brutal. If they escape that with even 2 wins it should be considered a success & they will have a shot of dong well barring major injuries the rest of the way. However if they go 1-4 or 0-5 during that time I don't see them making any type of push. I just hope that they stay relatively healthy from now till week 1.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep & the first 5 games will determine a lot for this team. That part of the schedule is brutal. If they escape that with even 2 wins it should be considered a success & they will have a shot of dong well barring major injuries the rest of the way. However if they go 1-4 or 0-5 during that time I don't see them making any type of push. I just hope that they stay relatively healthy from now till week 1.

on the flip side the only team in the first 5 weeks i dont feel we have chance to beat are the pats . the others we can compete with and win if we play well . thats doesnt meant we will but i think we can compete

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the flip side the only team in the first 5 weeks i dont feel we have chance to beat are the pats . the others we can compete with and win if we play well . thats doesnt meant we will but i think we can compete

Don't necessarily disagree depending of course on health & the development of younger players, but you are talking about 4 playoff teams & a Giants team that always seems to give the Redskins a tough time even when they suck. Skins do have a chance in these games, but they could easily go 1-4 or 0-5 during that stretch. If that happens you can pretty much kiss the season goodbye. I'm hoping that they put up a strong fight during these games & surprise us somewhat.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't necessarily disagree depending of course on health & the development of younger players, but you are talking about 4 playoff teams & a Giants team that always seems to give the Redskins a tough time even when they suck. Skins do have a chance in these games, but they could easily go 1-4 or 0-5 during that stretch. If that happens you can pretty much kiss the season goodbye. I'm hoping that they put up a strong fight during these games & surprise us somewhat.
It’s true they could go 0-5 , but right now I see 2-3 as doable . I don’t think we will be ready week 1 at eagles. Maybe Chicago and Dallas. Not pats at all . If our defense balls out early we can make a difference

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, Please don't buy into all the hype like you did last season when you predicted that our Redskins would finish 10-6 because I don't want to see you get disappointed once again.

Without hope, you have nothing

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, Please don't buy into all the hype like you did last season when you predicted that our Redskins would finish 10-6 because I don't want to see you get disappointed once again.
i think this team will contend for a playoff spot thats all i am going to say . yes 6-10 is likely but with better qb play , health and a top 15 defense we can compete

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this team will contend for a playoff spot thats all i am going to say . yes 6-10 is likely but with better qb play , health and a top 15 defense we can compete

I agree, 6-10 is likely but I think we can win 7 or maybe even 8. If the rest of the teams in the NFC East fail a record of 8-8 could contend for a playoff spot, that's for sure.

I will be cheering with you and for us every step of the way since I bleed burgundy and gold.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, 6-10 is likely but I think we can win 7 or maybe even 8. If the rest of the teams in the NFC East fail a record of 8-8 could contend for a playoff spot, that's for sure.

I will be cheering with you and for us every step of the way since I bleed burgundy and gold.

Even if they miss the playoffs but are competitive & the young players contribute that will be a very good sign. This is not necessarily a team built to win now (although they could) but rather a team designed to compete on a longer term basis. Make no mistake - there are still holes that need to be addressed, but they are potentially building a solid nucleus.

IMO the first 3 rds of the draft are the key. That is where you have to build your foundation. In the last 3 seasons the Skins appear to be doing that (although 2018 draft is a little shaky - Anderson & Moreau need to step up). Look at the Skins drafts from 2005-2016. With a few exceptions (Kerrigan, Scherff, Orakpo, Reed, etc) the first 3 rds were a disaster. That is 12 years of drafting with precious little to show - not a good way to build a team. Later picks can help build the team, but you are not going to win relying mainly on those guys.

If Haskins, Sweat & McLaurin can contribute (along with virtual rookie Guice) that will be a great sign regardless of the win-loss total. We will see.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the schedule and saying W here and a L here is dumb on so many levels ....its all about health

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the schedule and saying W here and a L here is dumb on so many levels ....its all about health

Agree & that includes in this case both the health of the Skins & their opponents. Just look at last season. Heading in the Jags & the Packers were looked at as 2 of the toughest opponents for the Redskins. As it turned out they were 2 of their easier opponents due to injuries & other factors. The same thing can happen the other way. Also look at the Boys - the rematch in DAL could have been more competitive except Alex Smith gets lost for the season and the Boys pickup Cooper at the last minute & well we know the result.

A lot of unknowns in terms of injuries & other factors will decide a lot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree & that includes in this case both the health of the Skins & their opponents. Just look at last season. Heading in the Jags & the Packers were looked at as 2 of the toughest opponents for the Redskins. As it turned out they were 2 of their easier opponents due to injuries & other factors. The same thing can happen the other way. Also look at the Boys - the rematch in DAL could have been more competitive except Alex Smith gets lost for the season and the Boys pickup Cooper at the last minute & well we know the result.

A lot of unknowns in terms of injuries & other factors will decide a lot.

i keep mentioning we will be competitive and i think we will