• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haskins Film Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were some fair assessments, although the three seemed to contradict one another. Good thing they evaluated before the draft. They evaluated expecting other teams to pick him. We know how it’d have went if they thought he were going to the skins

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were some fair assessments, although the three seemed to contradict one another. Good thing they evaluated before the draft. They evaluated expecting other teams to pick him. We know how it’d have went if they thought he were going to the skins

I thought Clinskales was way off compared to the other 2. Not surprised though as he held front office player personnel positions with the Raiders and Jets hahaha

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a reason you want to dissect an article that was written before he was drafted, and started to prove some of the “experts” in the article wrong?

Why bother rehashing an article written before last season if there’s plenty of game film to digest?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/02/film-room-scouting-report-dwayne-haskins-ohio-state

I apologize if this was already posted.
The player comps were pretty interesting as I love to partake in that around draft time. Daunte Culpepper, Jared Goff, and Jacoby Brissett.

I think I agree with the Brissett comp the most. Todd Haley in general provided the most insight IMO.

Time will tell.

I find it very interesting that you align with what a coach says, a person whose job isn’t to find talent or has lived the position, as opposed to a scout, whose job is to evaluate talent, or a QB who has lived the position in recent years. I would say Brissett is the least comparable of the three. Culpepper and Goff both had or have big arms, while Brissett’s is below average. Culpepper and Goff each had first round pedigrees but Brissett was a sixth?

Would you like me to tell you how many collegiate QBs really get into the game like the pros do in defensive analysis and calls from the line? To hold that against any collegiate QB is foolish.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it very interesting that you align with what a coach says, a person whose job isn’t to find talent or has lived the position, as opposed to a scout, whose job is to evaluate talent, or a QB who has lived the position in recent years. I would say Brissett is the least comparable of the three. Culpepper and Goff both had or have big arms, while Brissett’s is below average. Culpepper and Goff each had first round pedigrees but Brissett was a sixth?

Would you like me to tell you how many collegiate QBs really get into the game like the pros do in defensive analysis and calls from the line? To hold that against any collegiate QB is foolish.

It seems to me, this entire posting is yet one more desperate cry for attetion.

Here's what you should be studying:
Dwayne Haskins 2019 Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

When looking at his stats, Haskins improved as the season went on. Some facts that support this undeniable conclusion include the following:

After the first game of his career, in which he threw 3 ints, Haskins threw 4 more over eight games.
His completion percentage and passer rating increased in every game he played in after week 11.
He threw 5 td's and only 1 int in his last three games.
His yards per attempt improved from 5.3 ypa to about 9 at the end of the season.

These stats indicate that as DH got more comfortable playing pro football, he made better decisions with the ball, and pushed the ball down the field with more success at the end of the year than in the begniing of the year.

There.

And I analyzed Haskins inevitable rise towards greatness at the expense of his lesser talented Philadelphia based qb brother for free.

You're welcome, bananaman.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

brissett has a big arm...........

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look 2021 can not like Haskins all he wants

he can start as many posts as he likes for as long as he is here

and you can pick apart his evidence with vigor

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I can respond with actual film

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me, this entire posting is yet one more desperate cry for attetion.

Here's what you should be studying:
Dwayne Haskins 2019 Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

When looking at his stats, Haskins improved as the season went on. Some facts that support this undeniable conclusion include the following:

After the first game of his career, in which he threw 3 ints, Haskins threw 4 more over eight games.
His completion percentage and passer rating increased in every game he played in after week 11.
He threw 5 td's and only 1 int in his last three games.
His yards per attempt improved from 5.3 ypa to about 9 at the end of the season.

These stats indicate that as DH got more comfortable playing pro football, he made better decisions with the ball, and pushed the ball down the field with more success at the end of the year than in the begniing of the year.

There.

And I analyzed Haskins inevitable rise towards greatness at the expense of his lesser talented Philadelphia based qb brother for free.

You're welcome, bananaman.

Actually, I have said this very thing frequently. Just because you say something, doesn’t mean I haven’t already...especially if it is an intelligent thought.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting give and take about Haskins, but I believe that @2021's dislike of this young man is actually seated in fear.

Arguably, Philly has the top QB in the division (debating against Dak). To see Washington, and/or the Giants, now fielding two young guys, both showing promise, and the ability to turn a two person debate into a four person debate resolving with his guy in the third, perhaps fourth spot, can be frightening. Maybe it isn't hating Haskins per se, but it is so very typical of Philadelphia fans that I know.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently others share your opinion...I just haven’t seen it.
All his short little dumps last year, you wouldn't know it. He not a top 3-5 arm but hes got a pretty decent one, but so does haskins

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with taking the underneath throw if you don't see a downfield play. Cousins did that also. Pissed Gruden off, he wanted Cousins to throw downfield more.

I have comment before while watching OSU vs Penn State in Dwayne's one year he didn't show me much but OSU went to the screen game in the 2nd half and typical of Franklin they couldn't make the adjustment. OSU executed a come from behind 90 yard drive on three screen passes. You go with what works.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/redski.../02/21/haskins-struggled-in-clean-pocket/amp/

Is Haskins already seeing ghosts? Skins protection wasn’t great but let’s not pretend he had the same plight as David Carr or Patrick Ramsey.

not a good sign that a pure pocket passer was actually the worst pocket passer in nfl with clean pocket. Also not a good sign that he is seeing ghosts after his rookie season...

Trevor Lawrence on the other hand... 2 seasons ago as a true freshman in national championship bowl he was absolutely flattened blind side on 1 of dirtiest college plays I’ve seen in years when 3-4 steps were taken and he was crushed...

What did he do at 19? Popped back up showed ridiculous poise and won a national championship game

This could honestly be the skins. This is something to be super excited about

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting give and take about Haskins, but I believe that @2021's dislike of this young man is actually seated in fear.

Arguably, Philly has the top QB in the division (debating against Dak). To see Washington, and/or the Giants, now fielding two young guys, both showing promise, and the ability to turn a two person debate into a four person debate resolving with his guy in the third, perhaps fourth spot, can be frightening. Maybe it isn't hating Haskins per se, but it is so very typical of Philadelphia fans that I know.

Most eagles fans don’t think about Haskins or the Redskins. Trust me on that.

based off daily radio commentary you would think the NFCE is only made up of the Eagles and Cowboys. Occasionally the giants get some run

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most eagles fans don’t think about Haskins or the Redskins. Trust me on that.

based off daily radio commentary you would think the NFCE is only made up of the Eagles and Cowboys. Occasionally the giants get some run

Looks like you missed the point, but that's ok, because you got a bit closer with your second line.

You were correct about Philly and Dallas getting most airplay, especially regarding Wentz and Dak. You missed the point about having two others (Haskins and Jones) in position to get more chatter, leaving less for the aforementioned current leaders. Don't you think that Philadelphia/Dallas fans, including yourself, would absolutely hate most of that focus leaving their respective teams for Washington/NYG's?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you missed the point, but that's ok, because you got a bit closer with your second line.

You were correct about Philly and Dallas getting most airplay, especially regarding Wentz and Dak. You missed the point about having two others (Haskins and Jones) in position to get more chatter, leaving less for the aforementioned current leaders. Don't you think that Philadelphia/Dallas fans, including yourself, would absolutely hate most of that focus leaving their respective teams for Washington/NYG's?

It’s so ridiculous to even compare Haskins and Wentz or Dak at this point that I took a broader picture approach in my response to you

And no I don’t hate Haskins. I’m just a realist.

It wasn’t a bad pick in 2019 considering how god awful that draft class was, however just because you made a 1st round investment in a putrid draft class doesn’t mean you should stay committed to it especially when there are way better options right around corner in 2021

I think the Skins wisely passed on Tua and Herbert this season. Circle 2021 you either have a mid level starting qb with a career ceiling a tad below Cousins or your in position to get a prospect in fields or Lawrence that blow Haskins out of water. The 2020 season will determine that. If skins end up with the #5 overall pick they need to do whatever it takes to get to #1

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s so ridiculous to even compare Haskins and Wentz or Dak at this point that I took a broader picture approach in my response to you

And no I don’t hate Haskins. I’m just a realist.

It wasn’t a bad pick in 2019 considering how god awful that draft class was, however just because you made a 1st round investment in a putrid draft class doesn’t mean you should stay committed to it especially when there are way better options right around corner in 2021

I think the Skins wisely passed on Tua and Herbert this season. Circle 2021 you either have a mid level starting qb with a career ceiling a tad below Cousins or your in position to get a prospect in fields or Lawrence that blow Haskins out of water. The 2020 season will determine that. If skins end up with the #5 overall pick they need to do whatever it takes to get to #1

He didn’t compare them, yet. He specifically said that Wentz and Dak were the better QBs at this moment; however, both Jones and Haskins showed some promise. He was saying certain people, such as yourself, do not want this.

Status
Not open for further replies.