• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Sam Darnold actually found redemption in Carolina?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking for a friend. Just kidding. Here is his stats for the first three weeks:

- 6 touchdowns. 3 of them were rushing.
- 1 interception
- 4 fumbles, only 1 lost.
- 68.2% completion%
- 296 passing yards per game
- 2 of his first 3 games were over 300 passing yards.
- 99 passer rating
- 8.3 yards per attempt
- 3 wins, 0 losses as a starter
- The Saints (playoff team in 2021) were the only quality opponent he "beat" this season.

So far, he's playing great. Only turned the ball over twice this season. Does this prove that the Jets broke Darnold and going to a new location put him back together?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May he wasn't so bad after all...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking this when I got up today. The kid had no chance with the Jets. It will be interesting to see if he can have continued success as he faces tougher opponents but I'm happy for him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait it out a sec on Darnold. He is doing better for sure but its not like he is throwing a lot of TDs. CMC has also given him 12 receiving first downs so far this year.

He is only 24, though. Four years younger than Dak for comparison. Darnold could definitely end up getting the last laugh

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He carried the team last night after CMC went down. I hope for the best, but it's only 3 games in.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He carried the team last night after CMC went down. I hope for the best, but it's only 3 games in.
Yeah, and I think he can win games as long as Carolina has a decent defense. Honestly, I think Bridgewater would've won some games if Carolinas defense was playing like it is this year. But Darnold seems to take care of the ball more. Oddly. If he keeps that up then he'll be fine

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chaney family loves some Darnold:thumb:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Adam Gase left the Jets and the Jets still suck. LSU also kinda sucks right now. Tannehill has Derrick Henry doing most of the work

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers and Darnold both I need to for at least another month before I buy into them. They have played a pretty easy schedule so far. They did kill the Saints but we don't even really know what the Saints are this season with Jameis. Rodgers played like dog shit week 1 and the Saints killed them. Winston had 5 TD passes but only like 150 yards in that game.

Panthers could be good but I gotta see more. Their schedule really doesn't get difficult until November.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers and Darnold both I need to for at least another month before I buy into them. They have played a pretty easy schedule so far. They did kill the Saints but we don't even really know what the Saints are this season with Jameis. Rodgers played like dog shit week 1 and the Saints killed them. Winston had 5 TD passes but only like 150 yards in that game.

Panthers could be good but I gotta see more. Their schedule really doesn't get difficult until November.
LOL
Now to be fair. Some of the things you say here makes sense. Maybe even logical.
But I must laugh at the irony of your hypocritical point of view.
With the Panthers & Darnold who has played against three full teams that were trying to beat them & they looked good, beating them all in these three weeks. Your thought is to wait & see, because you need to see more.

but then we see in training camp Hurts throwing to Smith who is being guarded by a broomstick & this is all you need to see. They will be the greatest ever!
but no worries. No homerisms. :becky:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
Now to be fair. Some of the things you say here makes sense. Maybe even logical.
But I must laugh at the irony of your hypocritical point of view.
With the Panthers & Darnold who has played against three full teams that were trying to beat them & they looked good, beating them all in these three weeks. Your thought is to wait & see, because you need to see more.

but then we see in training camp Hurts throwing to Smith who is being guarded by a broomstick & this is all you need to see. They will be the greatest ever!
but no worries. No homerisms. :becky:

There is a difference between high potential players who either haven't played yet in the NFL or not a lot. The path is there for them to pave. Darnold we have had 3 really bad seasons from him. He's been paving that path of his for 3 long seasons. I gotta see a bit more from him than 3 games against at least 2 very bad opponents. Plus it isn't like he is out there lighting it up with MVP numbers. He's showing he can be a capable game manager. He's got 3 TD passes through 3 games.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between high potential players who either haven't played yet in the NFL or not a lot. The path is there for them to pave. Darnold we have had 3 really bad seasons from him. He's been paving that path of his for 3 long seasons. I gotta see a bit more from him than 3 games against at least 2 very bad opponents. Plus it isn't like he is out there lighting it up with MVP numbers. He's showing he can be a capable game manager. He's got 3 TD passes through 3 games.
I agree.
Want to see more from him.(he has surprised me so far)

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all probably says more about Gase and the Jets organization than it does about Darnold.