• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Chris Davis finally found out

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is it me, or has the ex Ranger finally found it? He's not hitting homeruns, but he looks a lot more selective and he seems to have a clue. He's not really crushing the fast ball, but his approach seems better. Any chance we get him back since Moreland has continued to slide this second half?

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Chris Davis is figuring things out. I hope he turns the corner and has a great career killing the Yanks, Sox, Rays, and Jays.

We need to try to make a trade for one of the Royals 1st baseman. They want pitching and I'd be willing to move Colby Lewis if we sign Yu Darvish or move Feliz into the rotation.

Then again it may be better to keep our pitching depth since we don't know what's going to happen with Ogando throwing a lot of innings this year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Crush has figured it out. Many of us have said all along that he may just need a change of scenery. Too much pressure here, and every time he came up it got worse. No expectations in Baltimore so he can relax and learn.

I hope Feliz stays right where he is. I'd rather have a Rivera type "sure thing" as a closer than another starter that may or may not work out. The kid has the closer stuff, let him excel there.

And I am perfectly happy with Moreland. Every single player on this team, and in this league, has cold streaks. Even if it lasts all second half of the season, Mitch is a good contact hitter that still has power and is solid in the field.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a little blurb over at Lone Star Ball a couple of weeks back where Davis had played exactly the same # of games, had the exact same # of at bats and had the exact same line as an Oriole as he had as a Ranger this season. Maybe he is doing a little better right now but I don't think figuring it out was his problem. I think he has an ability problem.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Chris Davis is figuring things out. I hope he turns the corner and has a great career killing the Yanks, Sox, Rays, and Jays.

We need to try to make a trade for one of the Royals 1st baseman. They want pitching and I'd be willing to move Colby Lewis if we sign Yu Darvish or move Feliz into the rotation.

Then again it may be better to keep our pitching depth since we don't know what's going to happen with Ogando throwing a lot of innings this year.

they are already working on Ogando's off-season regime to prepare him for starting next season.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis was a different hitter his last swim through Texas, but he got almost zero AB's because Nap, Moreland, Beltre and Young created a log jam. He got the AB's once Beltre got hurt, but that's a heck of a lot different from playing everyday for a few months. Look at how Cruz has struggled the last two times off the DL until he gets about a week or two of AB's under his belt. It is also mentally taxing when you know there are one or two guys breathing down your neck to take your job. Davis doesn't have that added pressure in Baltimore.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was never going to be an everyday player with the rangers. he was a bench player here and he couldn't adjust to that. he's where he needs to be with a team where he will a starter