• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has anyone found a 2011 FUMA postgrad roster?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have yet to see a published roster for the post-grad Fork Union football team. Has anyone else found one? Thanks in advance!

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does all this mean in regards to those 2 players? i'm a little confused haha

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They are using the fall season to prep and then enroll with VT in January. Is that what you're asking?

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NO. 41 | DARRYL WATERS

School MauryColleges considering Virginia Tech, Virginia, North Carolina State, Marshall, HamptonPosition Quarterback, Linebacker Height 6 feet 4 inchesWeight 220 pounds IN SUMMARY | WHAT MAKES Waters GREAT

Waters, a natural linebacker, was thrust into the quarterback position last season because the Commodores needed someone there. A year later, Waters likes the position so much that he wants to play it in college. He’s a strong-armed gunslinger who isn’t afraid to tuck it and run. Liberty likes him at quarterback, but most schools like Waters at linebacker, including Virginia, N.C. State, Virginia Tech, Marshall and Hampton. He runs 4.5 in the 40 and benches 295, including 185 pounds 17 times.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Info pulled from the Fork Union postgrad football roster and the R___s free football recruit database:

PLAYER - VERBAL TO:
-------------------------
Lockhart – VT
Hall – VT
Gamble – UVA – no VT offer
Doull – UVA – no VT offer
Battle – Clemson – no VT offer
Gadbois – Miami – no VT offer
McKinney – UGA – no VT offer
Adams – SC – no VT offer
Richardson – Temple – no VT offer

OTHERS:
----------
Creeden – No verbal – no VT offer (VT medium interest among others)
Davis – No verbal – no VT offer (Norfolk St offer – VT med interest)
Neal – No verbal – no VT offer (VT/UVA medium interest)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Info pulled from the Fork Union postgrad football roster and the R___s free football recruit database:

PLAYER - VERBAL TO:
-------------------------
Lockhart – VT
Hall – VT
Gamble – UVA – no VT offer
Doull – UVA – no VT offer
Battle – Clemson – no VT offer
Gadbois – Miami – no VT offer
McKinney – UGA – no VT offer
Adams – SC – no VT offer
Richardson – Temple – no VT offer

OTHERS:
----------
Creeden – No verbal – no VT offer (VT medium interest among others)
Davis – No verbal – no VT offer (Norfolk St offer – VT med interest)
Neal – No verbal – no VT offer (VT/UVA medium interest)

So let me guess, since Gamble (from North Carolina), Doull (from Canada), Battle (from Virginia), Gadbois (from Georgia), McKinney (from Georgia) and Adams (from South Carolina) didnt have VT offers, they weren't good enough to get an offer from VT? You fools crack me up. Ever think that maybe VT just didn't recruit these kids?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me guess, since Gamble (from North Carolina), Doull (from Canada), Battle (from Virginia), Gadbois (from Georgia), McKinney (from Georgia) and Adams (from South Carolina) didnt have VT offers, they weren't good enough to get an offer from VT? You fools crack me up. Ever think that maybe VT just didn't recruit these kids?

I am pretty sure this was meant to be informative, as in, who we may pursue from the roster. It was not meant as a slight.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Strike one.

I simply wanted to know who in the FUMA postgrad program had accepted offers from FBS programs prior to enrolling at FUMA. I also wanted to know how many of those verbals to other programs had also been offered by Tech. I did that because I'm curious whether or not any players other than the ones already committed to Tech will be pursued by the Tech coaching staff during the Fall semester. Based on what I found out, there are a few that Tech will be watching.

So, I cross-referenced each individual on the FUMA postgrad football roster with the R___s football recruiting database. I then posted the information without editorial comment.

Finally, despite your accusation, I don't play games with the information I post. That's why I came to this board...to share information with other Tech football fans without getting attacked. Fortunately, this board has been almost totally devoid of comments like yours.

You have two strikes remaining...try to use them wisely.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike one.

I simply wanted to know who in the FUMA postgrad program had accepted offers from FBS programs prior to enrolling at FUMA. I also wanted to know how many of those verbals to other programs had also been offered by Tech. I did that because I'm curious whether or not any players other than the ones already committed to Tech will be pursued by the Tech coaching staff during the Fall semester. Based on what I found out, there are a few that Tech will be watching.

So, I cross-referenced each individual on the FUMA postgrad football roster with the R___s football recruiting database. I then posted the information without editorial comment.

Finally, despite your accusation, I don't play games with the information I post. That's why I came to this board...to share information with other Tech football fans without getting attacked. Fortunately, this board has been almost totally devoid of comments like yours.

You have two strikes remaining...try to use them wisely.

What happens on strike 3?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro, trash talk is for the Main board.

We have a good thing going here, and three strikes is pretty much a boot. This isn't TSL. This isn't the Sabre. This isn't ESPN.

So let me get this straight; I call someone out on here for taking what seems like a pretty obvious slight at UVa, USC and UGA recruits because they didn't have VT offers and get a warning, yet there are 6 topics on the UVa board of nothing but trash talk, 5 of them started by Hokies. How many of you received warnings for your trash talk over there?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight; I call someone out on here for taking what seems like a pretty obvious slight at UVa, USC and UGA recruits because they didn't have VT offers and get a warning, yet there are 6 topics on the UVa board of nothing but trash talk, 5 of them started by Hokies. How many of you received warnings for your trash talk over there?

When the UVA board is empty, nobody is there to give out the warnings. Those threads are from before anyone was there. If you want me to moderate your board, I will, and erase those threads. If you want to moderate them yourself, stick around for a few months and I am sure Ghost will let you. If you just want the threads deleted, PM one of the mods listed at the bottom of that board's main page.

TAE said nothing in that post to "slight UVA" or anyone else. He pointed out who had offers, and therefore, who the Hokies may continue to pursue. He has said nothing to trash UVA in the past. He brings good info and we all have good discussions. We don't want this team board to go down that road, and I will not let it.

The team boards are for sharing info. The ACC board can have all the shut tall you want.

This is not an adversarial board. Don't read it as such and try to not react as such.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're half right. Gamble, Doull, Gadbois and Adams were never getting offers or even looks. McKinney probably could have and Battle could have as well.

But yes the UVA commits were not good enough to get ANY interest by our staff. Sorry to break your heart.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're half right. Gamble, Doull, Gadbois and Adams were never getting offers or even looks. McKinney probably could have and Battle could have as well.

But yes the UVA commits were not good enough to get ANY interest by our staff. Sorry to break your heart.

Is this the same as where Mario Nixon committed to VT and then had a change of heart, so VT pulled his offer and said it never existed?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Is this the same as where Mario Nixon committed to VT and then had a change of heart, so VT pulled his offer and said it never existed?

His offer being pulled had nothing to do with a "change of heart", his offer was pulled when he violated a very simple rule. Considering he was a commit, i think it'd be hard to say the offer "never existed".

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Get real.

Tech pulled Nixon's offer the second he and his family started their visit to UVA without notifying the Tech coaches about what he intended to do. Newsflash for you and anyone else confused about this situation - the Tech coaching staff already knew about Nixon's intent to visit UVA with his family long before they got there. With all of the contacts Tech has throughout the state, did he really think he was going to get away with visiting UVA without anyone from Tech finding out?

Just FYI...we have at least two other verbals who are visiting other schools, but they've kept the Tech coaches informed about what they're doing. Just my opinion, but there's a big difference between what they're doing and what Nixon did.

I'm curious, but where did you get the confused notion that Tech claimed Nixon never got an offer? How does a player verbal to a school without receiving an offer? Is there any logic whatsoever in your statement?

Please take your weak attempt to start a flame war to another site...I'm sure there are several from which you can choose.