• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvey et al

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds are not a terrible baseball team right now.
The Giants were hitting meatballs.
Why did they get meatballs?
I give up.
This is an OK baseball team, after all.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were born and eventually will die. In between we've chosen to root for the Reds. I hope to keep rooting for a long time because the dying part doesn't sound like too much fun.

It would be nice to see the team win more as the season progresses. But it would be even better to see them get better and it carry over to the next season. The last few years they show signs of taking a step forward only to take two steps back. The beginning of this season was huge step in the wrong direction. Doesn't take much to improve upon that start.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me like the buy-in to this rebuild is a bit scattered. There are a lot of pitchers and minor league guys who should be seeing this as their chance for the big paycheck. What's resulted is that some veteran Tim Adleman types are walking away with $500,000 salaries because they are (a.) getting people out part of the time and (b.) healthy.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5 and 2 road trip, on the west coast, not to shabby. Now they need to deal with the Cubs

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvey is showing some ability to pitch.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw the 1st inning in which Harvey wasn't very sharp throwing 30 pitches. Looks like he got better throwing 63 over the next 5 IP.

He's around the plate most of the time and doesn't walk too many, but doesn't seem to get a lot of swing and misses. He apparently pitches better when I don't watch.

Scooter 6 and the Pirates 2. Barnhart had a nice game hitting 2nd, the rest of boys didn't fare too well.

This is a pathetic hitting outfield.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw the 1st inning in which Harvey wasn't very sharp throwing 30 pitches. Looks like he got better throwing 63 over the next 5 IP.

He's around the plate most of the time and doesn't walk too many, but doesn't seem to get a lot of swing and misses. He apparently pitches better when I don't watch.

Scooter 6 and the Pirates 2. Barnhart had a nice game hitting 2nd, the rest of boys didn't fare too well.

This is a pathetic hitting outfield.
This is not even close to a competitive roster. Votto appears dazed and I have grown weary of the constant promotion of league-average players who are just moments away from ... what?
All these curious deals to upgrade and the amazing contracts with young and hopeful players -- they still lose 2 out of 3 games regularly.
Harvey isn't fooling anybody but he's been a mid-rotation guy with experience to get through a tough inning if he gets some strike zone. Early on, he didn't. The plate ump was a joke.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when Harvey loaded the bases with one out in the 1st inning, and got out of it. It fired him up.

I would like to see Barnhart in the 2 hole more and see how he handles it

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when Harvey loaded the bases with one out in the 1st inning, and got out of it. It fired him up.

I would like to see Barnhart in the 2 hole more and see how he handles it
Barney in the 2 spot would be OK against lefties but to be honest, Blandino has some very good numbers hitting against lefties.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barney in the 2 spot would be OK against lefties but to be honest, Blandino has some very good numbers hitting against lefties.

If this guy (Blandino) keeps playing like he has it's going to be hard to keep him out of the lineup. I wonder how he would do in the outfield? Right now the Reds are not getting much out of the outfield.

Just once I would like to see Hamilton pull his bat back, after a fake bunt, and it wouldn't be a strike. He must be getting coached to do that, but everyone knows he's going to fake bunt and take the pitch for a strike. Hell they can throw it up there underhanded. Hamilton doesn't have a lot of strikes to give away.

I keep waiting for Duvall to pick it up. I wonder if a weeks in triple A might help him. Then He might hit 30 homeruns and bat 160. Maybe that is acceptable in todays world of sabermetrics

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton's offense is a negative. His defense is a positive but not enough to offset having 2 or 3 guys in the lineup who can't hit.