• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harper's Splits Are Totally Insane

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody On - .159/.284/.268
Runners On - .344/.434/.689
RISP - .367/.473/.683

In short, he is Goat Hernandez with the bases empty and Babe Ruth with men on.
This is a GOOD split, of course you want the guy driving in baserunners...but, it would be great if he could also get on base to start a rally and there's nothing wrong with a solo homer, it's still a run. Bryce has led off 50 innings and has a pitiful .174/.240/.283 to show for it.
IDK if maybe he feels like he has to hit the ball out with nobody on to make something happen and gets his swing all out of kilter? If his numbers without a runner on for him could even be something pedestrian like .270/.350/.450, he'd probably be considered an MVP candidate.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this fucking manager leads him off.

Hoskins should bat in front of him whenever they need to mix this stale, lame shit up.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if maybe he feels like he has to hit the ball out with nobody on to make something happen and gets his swing all out of kilter? If his numbers without a runner on for him could even be something pedestrian like .270/.350/.450, he'd probably be considered an MVP candidate.

It's probably related to what kind of pitches he sees when there are runners on, also, but yeah...those are stark

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RISP - .367/.473/.683

This is a GOOD split, of course you want the guy driving in baserunners...but, it would be great if he could also get on base to start a rally and there's nothing wrong with a solo homer, it's still a run. Bryce has led off 50 innings and has a pitiful .174/.240/.283 to show for it.

Thanks, you just explained why Harper is worth $25 million/year. Don't focus on the .159, nobody on; it's the .284 that makes it work out. He's not far behind the amazing Trout.

Trout:
None on .279/.425/.591
Runners on .341/.523/.758
RISP .310/.544/.690

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet this so-called big-money FA can't field worth a damn. Missing pop flys and grounders is becoming routine.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middleton just wanted to sell tickets.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this "we".

I agree Screamin' Eagle.

Let's get real. Last season the Phillies scored 677 runs, 11th in the NL, and went .234/.313. The Phils needed an upgraded offense and wanted Harper. The FO went out and signed him and managed to sign experienced, quality guys McCutchen, Segura, and Realmuto, immediately making the Phillies a contender on the hitting side. Forget about pitching for a minute.

Tell me, oh brilliant, practicing GMs, how would you have improved the offense? Be specific. Who should they have signed?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get real. Last season the Phillies scored 677 runs, 11th in the NL, and went .234/.313. The Phils needed an upgraded offense and wanted Harper. The FO went out and signed him and managed to sign experienced, quality guys McCutchen, Segura, and Realmuto, immediately making the Phillies a contender on the hitting side. Forget about pitching for a minute.

Tell me, oh brilliant, practicing GMs, how would you have improved the offense? Be specific. Who should they have signed?
Burn down the stadium and let the homeless sleep on the outfield grass.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have seen and read my posts indicating my opinions so I don't need to rehash them. You know I didn't want Harper.
For some reason ownership (Middleton) thought that he needed seats filled that they were in a win now mode. Klentak and Middleton went about it all wrong thinking that bats were the answer. You can't win without pitching and they as an organization overvalued their staff. This is an organizational foul up. It's not about who I think they should have signed, it's about doing it the right way which they did not. Quite frankly I think Middleton thought he saw a plum in Harper and just had to get him without realizing what he was doing. That all said, the FO is a joke and Kapler the clown. This team can't/won't play for the clown.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have seen and read my posts indicating my opinions so I don't need to rehash them. You know I didn't want Harper.
For some reason ownership (Middleton) thought that he needed seats filled that they were in a win now mode. Klentak and Middleton went about it all wrong thinking that bats were the answer. You can't win without pitching and they as an organization overvalued their staff. This is an organizational foul up. It's not about who I think they should have signed, it's about doing it the right way which they did not. Quite frankly I think Middleton thought he saw a plum in Harper and just had to get him without realizing what he was doing. That all said, the FO is a joke and Kapler the clown. This team can't/won't play for the clown.

Bats were a BIG part of the answer in the off season. We could not compete with heavyweights like the Dodgers and Red Sox with our wimpy, punchless lineup even with better pitching although Corbin would have an excellent third starter after Nola and Arietta, and I wish they had signed him. He is 6-5, 3.90, now.

We expected Nola and Arietta to be a lites out duo plus more mature young starters in Eflin, Pivetta, Valesquez, and Eickhoff. Hind sight says that’s come up short, but the season isn’t half over. Reliever Robertson is on the IL and that has hurt the team.

So, attacking the FO is absurd. One pitcher goes every four or five days. Even with another starter, our record would be similar. It’s the bats who are on the field daily. We will see great improvement in the second half, count on it. Curious to know how you would have improved Phils offense but I guess you won’t answer that. The only answer is FO did all they could.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bats were a BIG part of the answer in the off season. We could not compete with heavyweights like the Dodgers and Red Sox with our wimpy, punchless lineup even with better pitching although Corbin would have an excellent third starter after Nola and Arietta, and I wish they had signed him. He is 6-5, 3.90, now.

We expected Nola and Arietta to be a lites out duo plus more mature young starters in Eflin, Pivetta, Valesquez, and Eickhoff. Hind sight says that’s come up short, but the season isn’t half over. Reliever Robertson is on the IL and that has hurt the team.

So, attacking the FO is absurd. One pitcher goes every four or five days. Even with another starter, our record would be similar. It’s the bats who are on the field daily. We will see great improvement in the second half, count on it. Curious to know how you would have improved Phils offense but I guess you won’t answer that. The only answer is FO did all they could.
I never said bats weren't important I said you need pitching. You got my answer, the fact that you don't accept it is on you. The FO lacks credibility IMO. I fully expect Klentac to raid the minors for pitching help which depending upon the who and the for what may be a mistake.
Nola was expected to pitch well this season but Arrieta was not IMO, he is over the hill, which was a poor move by Klentac. Pivetta should be pitching better than he has. This all leads to my opinion that the coaching staff sucks.
Hey you have your opinion and I have mine we simply see things differently.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RISP - .367/.473/.683

Highly overrated player and the Phillies are stuck with him for 12 more years. Lol

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said bats weren't important I said you need pitching. You got my answer, the fact that you don't accept it is on you. The FO lacks credibility IMO. I fully expect Klentac to raid the minors for pitching help which depending upon the who and the for what may be a mistake.
Nola was expected to pitch well this season but Arrieta was not IMO, he is over the hill, which was a poor move by Klentac. Pivetta should be pitching better than he has. This all leads to my opinion that the coaching staff sucks.
Hey you have your opinion and I have mine we simply see things differently.

Your failure is your lack of understanding that without bats to support a young and/or experienced staff, there’s no point in saying you’re trying to win a game. We must compete!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats don’t lie. The best FA on the market. And we got him.
Yep for the next 12 years. LOL! Is anyone as stupid as Phillies management?