• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harper Reported Will Sign With Phils $400 Mill

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These discussions speculating where Harper might go have been interesting. I really believed he’d choose Chavez Ravine to ply his trade. But, you know what, I think Harper, after playing in WSH for 7 years, likes the East Coast. It’s real, down to earth, nothing fake here, no palm trees growing out of the concrete. Plus, the Sports Complex in south philly is one of the best in sports towns. And he liked the team makeup, young guys on the verge, and the new additions. I heard that he also hit it off with Flex and is into food. Perfect.
Saw a game in Philly a couple of summers ago with an old friend and was very impressed with the park.
Ended up booking a hotel in the Gayborhood without knowing anything about the area, we were a little confused at first but the location was excellent and there were great restaurants all around. I'm sure everyone assumed my friend and I were a gay couple, but so what...we are buddies going back to high school and try to meet up somewhere in the country once a year and drink a lot.

Also did the obligatory Liberty Bell/etc walkthrough, Geno's for lunch (got the whiz of course), art museum, and all kinds of bars. Hit the battleship in NJ on the way home.
Most prominent memory was viewing Dali's Soft Construction With Boiled Beans at the art museum, it just got into my head and I couldn't stop looking at it. Such a strange man, but some of his works are just incredible.

Definitely saw some of the famous Philly fan behavior, the visitor's bullpen was very accessible to the crowd and they were really giving it to a very chubby Brewers pitcher, probably Albers. Felt bad for him but still laughed...

Great trip! I like Philly.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The full NTC and no opt outs blows the whole "Harper didn't like Philadelphia" narrative completely out of the water.

Exactly. It’s a good immediate highlight that reinforces my feeling all along that it wasn’t about the city. Wherever he was going to go he wanted it set up to tell anyone else they are going to try to get the next decade that Bryce is staying here.

Again....easy position for a ball player since they get guaranteed money in these cases, but stats are never guaranteed.

Putting that aside for now....I think it is a great narrative that will help brunt some of the frustration from the last few months.

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one small caveat: Kaplan. Remember last year how he jacked with the productive orders nearly every game and screwed things up so badly some nights, the regulars on this thread were always shaking their heads. If that dumbass jacks with the successful line-ups like he routinely did last year, it doesn't matter how much money is hoarding, we will be screwed again!!

My Dad, old time baseball guy, played in the minors with Carlton, fucking hates Kapplar and analytics nerds in general.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You do like the deal though, true?
I don't like contracts over 6 years as a general rule, but Klentak isn't being a retard about giving mediocre players contracts with multiple player options, so I don't think it will really hurt them, per se.

26-year-olds with HOF career trajectories are not often available in free agency, so the overpay is to be expected.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Koogler, it was his first year managing, let's see what kind of adjustments he brings into season two. He got better about now wanting the SP to see the lineup a 3rd time as the season went on.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not want.

Cozens is slugging at like 2.000 right meow. We could easily get more back from the Angels.

I was hoping someday Cozens could get a decent shot in the lineup and maybe turn into Frank Howard type of hitter. A long shot unless he can bust out. Thought the same about Darin Rupp too. He’ll eventually end up like Rupp.who signed four contracts last year followed by his release from each. Signed with SF December.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping someday Cozens could get a decent shot in the lineup and maybe turn into Frank Howard type of hitter. A long shot unless he can bust out. Thought the same about Darin Rupp too. He’ll eventually end up like Rupp.who signed four contracts last year followed by his release from each. Signed with SF December.
Darin Rupp?

:ipw:

Is this an amalgamation of Cameron Rupp and Darin Ruf?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Rough has been playing in the KBO the past few years?

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Rough has been playing in the KBO the past few years?
The Ruf fanbois are a little puzzling. The guy had one good half a season, and couldn't hit RHP to save his life. Stereotypical AAAA player.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day sold out! Obviously.

I suppose the old adage is still in play. Only diehard fans will sit through losing seasons many of whom will be there for opening day but the hyped players like Harper bring-out the bandwagoneers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! jvett. I consider myself a member of the first group, i.e. diehard fans!