• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hard Hitting Question on Jeopardy

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not the same without Alex... I swear you could enter in:

"Your mom is a whore" as your final answer and Alex would literally respond: "Your mom is a whore.... oooh I'm sorry that's not correct and let's see how much it'll cost you. $0. Alright and moving over to our second contestant who is at $5,900... let's see what she wrote."

Without stammering, showing any emotions, or flinching.

Alex was as close to a living robot as we're ever going to get, and God Damn I appreciated him for it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is terrible. He seems like a smart and personable enough guy for a pro football player, but him hosting must be a stunt. They can't seriously be considering him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is terrible. He seems like a smart and personable enough guy for a pro football player, but him hosting must be a stunt. They can't seriously be considering him.

Rodgers is a better guest host than that fraud Dr. Oz. He was pushing for the use of hydroxycholoroquine to beat the virus last year.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a tree falls in a forest and only Helen Keller is there, does it make a sound?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is a better guest host than that fraud Dr. Oz. He was pushing for the use of hydroxycholoroquine to beat the virus last year.

He was bad, too. I didn't care for him at all. But at least he's a pro. Rodgers isn't.. not at that. He doesn't project. It isn't brain surgery, but not just anyone can do it. But it was just his first day, so maybe he'll improve. Ken Jennings was good. I thought Katie Couric was ok, though my wife disagrees. Oz sucked and Rodgers sucks .. so far. jmo

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a tree falls in a forest and only Helen Keller is there, does it make a sound?
Sign Language Yes GIF by ConnectHearOfficial

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was bad, too. I didn't care for him at all. But at least he's a pro. Rodgers isn't.. not at that. He doesn't project. It isn't brain surgery, but not just anyone can do it. But it was just his first day, so maybe he'll improve. Ken Jennings was good. I thought Katie Couric was ok, though my wife disagrees. Oz sucked and Rodgers sucks .. so far. jmo
They've all been pretty lame. I think the goal is to have this period of really bad guest hosts so that the eventual replacement isn't always being compared unfavorably to Alex. Instead, it'll be, "well, they're not Trebek, but they're better than Dr. Oz or Katie Couric"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Ken Jennings for the first couple of shows seemed nervous. But he got better with more appearances. Liked him as a guest host. Didn't care that much for Couric, but watched every episode. Now Dr. Oz. This goes back many years but there's just something I don't like about that guy. Only watched 3 shows when he was the guest host.

And Rodgers. You'd think after all the years of dealing with press after games he'd be a natural at it. But he didn't seem right yesterday. Maybe he loosens up with more shows. Not ready to say he sucks after one show though.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've all been pretty lame. I think the goal is to have this period of really bad guest hosts so that the eventual replacement isn't always being compared unfavorably to Alex. Instead, it'll be, "well, they're not Trebek, but they're better than Dr. Oz or Katie Couric"

Yeah, even Jennings was just ok. It's kind of weird that it matters to me, but it does.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ken Jennings for the first couple of shows seemed nervous. But he got better with more appearances. Liked him as a guest host. Didn't care that much for Couric, but watched every episode. Now Dr. Oz. This goes back many years but there's just something I don't like about that guy. Only watched 3 shows when he was the guest host.

And Rodgers. You'd think after all the years of dealing with press after games he'd be a natural at it. But he didn't seem right yesterday. Maybe he loosens up with more shows. Not ready to say he sucks after one show though.

Yeah, too soon to write him off completely I suppose. But hosting Jeopardy is a whole different deal than getting interviewed. Answering questions is easy if you're reasonably intelligent and articulate, which he is. But this requires taking control and appearing to be in command of the proceedings. It's a completely different mindset and approach. Maybe he'll improve.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has said that he would like to become the permanent host of Jeopardy. I read that it takes only 40-46 days a year to film an entire season of Jeopardy, Rodgers said that he could fit that in with his NFL schedule.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember his name, but there was that producer guy who did the show for a few weeks in between Jennings and Couric. I thought he was actually the best one out of all the guest hosts.
It's kind of weird that it matters to me, but it does.
Same. Trebek was just there for so long, it's like losing a family member...or a piece of beloved furniture, at least

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember his name, but there was that producer guy who did the show for a few weeks in between Jennings and Couric. I thought he was actually the best one out of all the guest hosts.

Same. Trebek was just there for so long, it's like losing a family member...or a piece of beloved furniture, at least

Good call there. I forgot about him. He did do a good job guest hosting.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rogers does OK considering it is so far outside his range of expertise, but you're right, good TV hosts make it look easier than it actually is.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rogers does OK considering it is so far outside his range of expertise, but you're right, good TV hosts make it look easier than it actually is.

It's a specialized skill and he is not a natural. I think that few are. Like last night for instance.. when he came out to start the show it was obvious that he was either reading what he said or had memorized it and was trying to repeat it. He's getting through it without any major gaffes, but it's clearly amateur hour.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a specialized skill and he is not a natural. I think that few are. Like last night for instance.. when he came out to start the show it was obvious that he was either reading what he said or had memorized it and was trying to repeat it. He's getting through it without any major gaffes, but it's clearly amateur hour.
I kinda feel like all the guest hosts are also over-doing it with the Alex tributes. Everybody is all "Alex was wonderful, and we want to honor him by doing our best, blah blah..." Yeah, yeah, we get it