• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy Birthday America! Rangers travel to SEA for a weekend set - July 2-4

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've reached the halfway point of the season. The Rangers find themselves at 32-49, which according to my math projects to a 64-98 record. Several games below where I thought they'd be. They would draft 4th next year as it stands.

We are now single digit days away from the draft, which I am ready to be over and done with.

Gallo is on the best tear of his career, which for those hoping the Rangers trade him means that comes at the absolute best time possible. What happens remains to be seen.

Gibby/Lyles/Folty are your ball throwers for this series.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've reached the halfway point of the season. The Rangers find themselves at 32-49, which according to my math projects to a 64-98 record. Several games below where I thought they'd be. They would draft 4th next year as it stands.

We are now single digit days away from the draft, which I am ready to be over and done with.

Gallo is on the best tear of his career, which for those hoping the Rangers trade him means that comes at the absolute best time possible. What happens remains to be seen.

Gibby/Lyles/Folty are your ball throwers for this series.
Predicting we will win at least one of three. I feel the same about the draft. Hope we get Leiter. Trading Gallo and Gibson should pay off in bunches. Now, meet ya at the hot dog stand.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting we will win at least one of three. I feel the same about the draft. Hope we get Leiter. Trading Gallo and Gibson should pay off in bunches. Now, meet ya at the hot dog stand.

Feel it's worth mentioning that even if the Rangers draft Leiter and offer him money over slot, he could refuse to sign and go back to college. Certainly hope that doesn't happen, but I've seen it mentioned enough to be a little wary of it.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can be rxtrem
Feel it's worth mentioning that even if the Rangers draft Leiter and offer him money over slot, he could refuse to sign and go back to college. Certainly hope that doesn't happen, but I've seen it mentioned enough to be a little wary of it.
Thar can be extremely dangerous to do. Gunnar Hoglund and Jaden Hill are great examples as to what can go wrong in a year's time. Tommy John can ruin draft positioning.

Myself, I think Rocker will have the better career anyway. So, if they sense Leiter is unsignable and go for Rocker instead, then that would be fine with me. Then, maybe they get Leiter next year.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can be rxtrem

Thar can be extremely dangerous to do. Gunnar Hoglund and Jaden Hill are great examples as to what can go wrong in a year's time. Tommy John can ruin draft positioning.

Myself, I think Rocker will have the better career anyway. So, if they sense Leiter is unsignable and go for Rocker instead, then that would be fine with me. Then, maybe they get Leiter next year.

Very true, although Leiter's case is somewhat unique in that his family is already very well off from his dad's MLB career, so his financial risk isn't the same as others. Obviously turning down several million dollars ($7.8 million is the #2 slot money in 2021) and then getting hurt isn't something to shrug off, but the idea that Leiter would turn it down at all means that his perspective is not the usual one you see.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can be rxtrem

Also, after watching them both in the CWS, I understand what people said about the two. I think between the two, Leiter has better stuff but also needs more polish.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Lucas offered these observations.

"Ronny Henriquez produced his best AA start to date, and I was there. His fastball ranged from 92 to 95, the change 87-89, and a slider from 79 to 84. Having seen him and Yerry Rodriguez in a span of three days, I'd say I like Rodriguez's fastball more than anything Henriquez throws, but Henriquez blends his repertoire better. He looks more like a starter to me. He was comfortable pitching backwards, emphasizing the change to some batters and then switching to a slider-heavy diet for others. Between the 1st and 2nd, he fanned three straight Rockhounds on called fastballs, and of the pitches preceding them in those at-bats, seven of ten weren't heaters. Midland hitters rarely seemed comfortable. The slider is slurvy, and in that velo range it sounds less than impressive, but it looks better than it reads. Of his 15 swinging strikes, nine were on sliders versus three each for change and fastball."

"Josh Jung's singles were as impressive as any homer. He grounded in the vicinity of the shortstop but too hard to be nabbed. He later was slightly handcuffed on a close two-strike pitch but was able to adjust his frame and muscle it into left-center. He's a hitter."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we finish this month we should have a lot better idea about how long this rebuild is going to take.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wake up guys

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gibson is tired. 2 walks after 100 pitches.
Well that was a close call. If Martin gives up a double it would have F’d up Gibson’s ERA.
He went into the inning already thrown 94 pitches.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something tells me this was Sam Huff.