• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy 30th Birthday to the Bengals last playoff victory!!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like just yesterday, but the last Bengals playoff victory is now 30. He's probably settled in some sort of career path, good chance he's married, might have a kid or two and maybe even a few early health issues.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my estimated life expectancy says I'll be a goner in 25 years.

I'll place a bet before I die that says the Bengals win the superbowl the following year, my family can enjoy the winnings.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my estimated life expectancy says I'll be a goner in 25 years.

I'll place a bet before I die that says the Bengals win the superbowl the following year, my family can enjoy the winnings.
I always figured they'd win right after I died too

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you guys die, can you let me know, please?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, y'all probably remember BengalDoug. He used to post on ESPN and then posted here for a long time. I never knew how old he was, but he often acknowledged that he'd be gone before the Bengals won a Super Bowl (or even another playoff). Given that he abruptly stopped posting several years ago, I always assumed he was just the first of the dominos on this board.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I'm fairly sure that BengalJim died in a fistfight at the Dayton Mall. I can't confirm.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SolomonKnows was pretty old, I'm pretty sure he's gone. he friended me on myspace.com way back in the day.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, y'all probably remember BengalDoug. He used to post on ESPN and then posted here for a long time. I never knew how old he was, but he often acknowledged that he'd be gone before the Bengals won a Super Bowl (or even another playoff). Given that he abruptly stopped posting several years ago, I always assumed he was just the first of the dominos on this board.

He was such a great dude. He actually sent me the invitation to this board in my ESPN inbox. This is speculation on my part but the way he referenced his mortality always led me to believe there might have been a known health issue.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised liver cirrhosis hasn’t claimed a few more of us.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bearcatdave was over on the ESPN boards - I know he had some health issues and was going through a pretty rough go during those times (Divorce and such, IIRC).

Few others from the ESPN boards I swear I've seen pop in and out here over the years.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, some of us have been together for quite a while. I have been with you guys since 2002 and the Dick LeBeau HC year. Not sure when everyone else started in, but it has been damn near 2 decades for me.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was over on the ESPN boards from like, what, 99-2002? I think that's when it started to go downhill and eventually switched over here. Not sure who it was, but I think I also got a PM on moving to this site.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were on ESPN boards longer than that! I joined the ESPN boards right after we fired LeBeau..... I was mostly interested in chatter about the new hire. The Bearcats board was also very active during that time.

When we migrated over here, a lot of it was from the efforts of FlamingRey who was also a moderator. I have no idea why he stopped posting. He used to piss people off a lot. I do remember that.

But, there was also one other stop before we all ended up here. Forgot the name of the forums, but one of our regulars posted some topless pictures of a woman that was on the boards at one time. That got us thrown off the boards. Good times.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Memory lane for sure. This community isn't as vibrant as it once was (the Marvin shine years from '03-08'?) but it is the place I come to semi-daily and at least lurk.

Posters like:

Northcyde
Pimpinnati
VanceMeek (who had a brother that posted quite a bit...can't remember his name)
socaljd3
August2003(?)

We need a "where are they now" series. Those were younger and more innocent times, I suppose. My assumption is most either lost their passion or life got in the way...or a combination of both. I'll be honest, and I hate to admit it, the Playoff loss at home against the Steelers in 2016 broke me and made me much more apathetic to the product. Just couldn't allow myself to get that invested anymore.

However, with Joey B calling the shots for the next decade, some of that previously lost energy is returning...with the strong likelihood of it being crushed again.

This is the way.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memory lane for sure. This community isn't as vibrant as it once was (the Marvin shine years from '03-08'?) but it is the place I come to semi-daily and at least lurk.

Posters like:

Northcyde
Pimpinnati
VanceMeek (who had a brother that posted quite a bit...can't remember his name)
socaljd3
August2003(?)

We need a "where are they now" series. Those were younger and more innocent times, I suppose. My assumption is most either lost their passion or life got in the way...or a combination of both. I'll be honest, and I hate to admit it, the Playoff loss at home against the Steelers in 2016 broke me and made me much more apathetic to the product. Just couldn't allow myself to get that invested anymore.

However, with Joey B calling the shots for the next decade, some of that previously lost energy is returning...with the strong likelihood of it being crushed again.

This is the way.
Vance and Blake (Tubbs) Meek are both active on twitter. I haven't spoke to either in years though.

August2003 was quite a personality. I remember all of his mock drafts.... And all the accusations that he simply was stealing someone else's mock draft. And all the times he called someone an idiot for suggesting another pick. Good times.

Socaljd3 I think only existed to piss off August2003.... That's pretty much all I can remember about him. He would really piss in August's cornflakes on a daily.

We had Mrs. Chaney which made our board really weird. And then we had Solomon which made it even weirder.

JWill and all of his Ish comes to mind as well. You feel me?

For trolls, I remember three....

Cravn - Big time Ravens troll. Predicted his team to go 14-2 every damn year. He really used to piss me off. But I think he was probably an okay dude.

OldSchool - Also a Baltimore troll. Less educated than Cravn.

The Coordinator - Steeler troll. Absolute dick. Stupidly referenced landing in "sunny" Tampa for the SuperBowl as Tampa was experiencing an epic downpour. Troll in all senses.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to Vance and Tubbs? Didn’t they get banned from here for a while or some shit?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance and Blake (Tubbs) Meek are both active on twitter. I haven't spoke to either in years though.

August2003 was quite a personality. I remember all of his mock drafts.... And all the accusations that he simply was stealing someone else's mock draft. And all the times he called someone an idiot for suggesting another pick. Good times.

Socaljd3 I think only existed to piss off August2003.... That's pretty much all I can remember about him. He would really piss in August's cornflakes on a daily.

We had Mrs. Chaney which made our board really weird. And then we had Solomon which made it even weirder.

JWill and all of his Ish comes to mind as well. You feel me?

For trolls, I remember three....

Cravn - Big time Ravens troll. Predicted his team to go 14-2 every damn year. He really used to piss me off. But I think he was probably an okay dude.

OldSchool - Also a Baltimore troll. Less educated than Cravn.

The Coordinator - Steeler troll. Absolute dick. Stupidly referenced landing in "sunny" Tampa for the SuperBowl as Tampa was experiencing an epic downpour. Troll in all senses.

Even the K man disappeared.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that, but they're both on twitter acting like draft experts.
LOL.... The Bengals board was always much more of a draft expert board than a football discussion board.