• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Halfway Point

What is your outlook for the Lions remainder of the season?

• I’ve got Spotify playing “We Are the Champions” on an endless loop - SuperBowl bound!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Six and two at the half, fourteen and three at the finish, looks like playoff games at Ford Field.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Cautiously optimistic; so far, so good; let’s not crown them anything yet.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It’s a mirage, they beat inferior talent in a down year, they’ll be exposed soon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How can they ruin the 2024 draft in Detroit? By winning. Thanks for nothing, Dan Campbell.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first nine weeks takes us halfway through the regular season. In case you haven’t looked, the Lions have the second best record in the NFC. Will they keep it up? Apparently Broncosmitty will as long as those snazzy blue helmets are worn. Let’s see how the board members feel going into the second half of the season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Ravens showed something we can't just ignore. The schedule looks easier, but I will hold off any celebrating until it is done

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as fast as this streak started 1 year ago it could evaporate. That is the jilted Lions fan in me not wanting to fully leap.

But damn is this team good. They are talented, tough, and smart. Even down a zillion to the Ravens they looked like they were still fighting.

I believe if this team can make deep run.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Ravens showed something we can't just ignore. The schedule looks easier, but I will hold off any celebrating until it is done
One thing is clear. If the Lions F this up and don't win the division a lot of people will be dis-illusioned.

We are essentially a Chargers loss and Vikings win away from a dead heat. It is scary, but I think this team is built to compete and win.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings is even easier. This could be close but Lets see how they do when teams have a week to gameplan for Dobbs.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is clear. If the Lions F this up and don't win the division a lot of people will be dis-illusioned.

We are essentially a Chargers loss and Vikings win away from a dead heat. It is scary, but I think this team is built to compete and win.
That would suck as we just need to split with the Vikes and win 4 of our remaining 7 games most likely (Vikings would have to win all remaining games just to tie). Still, ya never know.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to everyone that participated in the Poll. I’m a pretty optimistic fan, and chose that the Lions can close out the second half of the season with only one additional loss. When that may happen is up in the air. I have tickets for the game at the Vikings Christmas Eve - and if the Lions haven’t sustained a loss by that time, Christmas just may come early!

This iteration of the Lions is different than years gone by. In previous years, the threads concerning the upcoming draft would already be started, the coaching staff would be being roasted, management vilified, and ownership begged to sell to someone serious about winning. It’s good that the long suffering fans have real expectations that this group just might do something positive.

There has been more prime time games this year, along with getting the “A” crew calling the game, than I can remember. Seems it’s deserved; outside of the Ravens game, most have shown off a great Lions team. Better game management, willingness to trust the playmakers to make plays, taking chances that overall have paid off; this is a fun team.

Here’s to a fantastic second half!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be favored in every game except for the Cowboys and barring catastrophic injury I don't see them losing to anyone but the Boys and perhaps the Vikings depending upon how real Dobbs is. If they stay healthy, the offense is kind of unstoppable and as we all know the D has holes but the effort and pursuit is there which is half of the battle on D. It is the NFL so they'll probably lose 1 that they shouldn't, but they if they don't win the division I'll be surprised.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i,m a washington fan and can,t wait till the end of the season when all the coaches and front office in washington hopefully get fired.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are looking good, but that could always change. One game at a time. This is a must-win game against the Bears.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suddenly Denver, and Minny x2 look like a lot harder games than everyone was expecting. The Lions I've known over the years are still quite capable of losing this division.