• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Half way point Review

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point this team is teasing us with potential, but ultimately coming up short. I try to want Broncos Country tonight when I can, and they seem to be pretty common sense in their analysis. They don't create controversy by saying bench Lock, or fire Fangio, but they do point out short comings of the team, and positive aspects.

The theme for the 2020 Denver Broncos is going to be missed time. So many injuries to and to guys in leadership positions. You look at Von, Sutton, and Casey and these were the guys that were going to be leaned on for team leadership. There are others (Chubb, Simmons, KJack), but these 3 are huge losses. On thing I wonder is when we look back on the 2020 season in 2 or 3 years are we going to point to it as the turning point the Broncos, or another season where they failed to meet expectations.
Reasons why this might be the turning point:
  • Building depth, guys that normally wouldn't get playing time if the team was health are getting those valuable reps. Guys like Malik Jackson, Essang Bassey, DeShawn Williams, and Dre'Mont Jones. Some of these guys would have seem some reps, but not as may as they are now. Hoping this will allow us to have some depth going into 2020.
  • Young guys take steps, like Lock (hopefully in a big way by year end), Noah Fant, Jerry Jeudy, KJ, Hamler, Albert O., and Llyod Cushenberry III. I think this season of experience will help set us up for success going forward and determine if we need to make changes at certain positions.
Reason why this will be another year of not meeting expectations:
  • Team not finding ways to win.
  • Coaching decisions seem to be suspect at times, especially on offense.
  • Lots of change could be coming on Defense and there could be a lot of turnover so the under performance could move from offense to defense.
Overall I think we are seeing progress from the offense, but also a lot of inconsistency. I think the inconsistency we see on defense may be due to the defense trying to compensate for the short comings on offense. One thing this team does do is play hard, and not give up until the game is over. I think this is evidence that Fangio is changing the culture in Denver. We didn't see this kind of fight from the team until this year.

Overall I think we are still headed in the right direction, but progress is slower then I hoped. I think if we can have a normal offseason (not sure that is going happen), and get the stars back, we will see the needle move in 2021. Not sure it will be to the point that we are able to compete in 2021 as previously hoped, but perhaps in 2022 if we can keep our core together. Tough decisions coming.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completing with NYJ for worst team in the league.

Lucky to beat NE after Lock's bonehead 2 INTs in the 4th qtr and SD PI on the last play.

Took a 50 yard TD late to beat NYJ.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completing with NYJ for worst team in the league.

Lucky to beat NE after Lock's bonehead 2 INTs in the 4th qtr and SD PI on the last play.

Took a 50 yard TD late to beat NYJ.

I don’t think we’re the worst team in the league but I will say the defense has been a let down the past few weeks. I don’t expect much from the offense right now, but the D is a lot worse than I would like to see from a Fangio coached team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My half way point of view is I'm tired of half assed football playing. What the crap is wrong with Shumur?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My half way point of view is I'm tired of half assed football playing. What the crap is wrong with Shumur?
Lock threw the ball 11 times in the first qtr At LV
You won’t win on the road throwing 44 times unless you have a HOF QB not a QB in his 10 Th game

what a terrible game plan.

these retread OCs make me so mad

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some are giving up on Lock, but I wonder if the better answer is to give up on Shurmur.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatcha think
Von May change his number to #40

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1