• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Halak

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if St. Louis would move him? I wanted him when he was available. Not sure if this would even be possible because of Bryzy, unless the CBJ would take him and his contract in exchange for picks?

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes .... a million times yes.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stl could use a center with playoff experience, I see a perfect opportunity to move Briere and get a goalie back. I'm not sure what a trade would entail, possible Briere % a 2nd for Halak. Since they have 30m in cap space next year and have Elliot who's been lights out & Bishop playing really well in the minors. It might just be a trade they consider since they have a gapping hole in the middle they need to fill.

We would have to find a taker for Brzy though, possibly CBJ, EDM, OTT, & the Isles all have a good bit of cap space to hit he floor anyway.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see DB waiving his NMC. I think he likes it here.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see DB waiving his NMC. I think he likes it here.

Maybe Danny would waive his NTC for St.Louis? I hear it's a good place to live, decent sports town, and they are a legit SC contender.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he waives it, it will be for a cup contender. The issue is that he may just not be willing to waive it which makes me hate his contract, Homer & him even more.

I would have to think though that he's tired of basically being a3rd line center here.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he waives it, it will be for a cup contender. The issue is that he may just not be willing to waive it which makes me hate his contract, Homer & him even more.

I would have to think though that he's tired of basically being a3rd line center here.

Homer handed them out like candy. He signed here because he wanted to be here. Can't blame him and he is already on a contender that he picked. Even on a 3rd line, he has good mates.:deadhorse:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer handed them out like candy. He signed here because he wanted to be here. Can't blame him and he is already on a contender that he picked. Even on a 3rd line, he has good mates.:deadhorse:

I think he signed here cause we paid him the most to be honest, but I do see your point.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Danny would waive his NTC for St.Louis? I hear it's a good place to live, decent sports town, and they are a legit SC contender.

Why would he want to move? I think he believes the Flyers are legit sc contenders. He got a NMC for a reason. Yes, others have waived them, but most guys are trying to come to Philly, not get out!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a NMC so he wouldn't get waived to goto the AHL if the Flyers didn't like him or his contract anymore(think Wade Redden), he got a NTC so he wouldn't be traded without his consent. There's a big difference between the 2.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a NMC so he wouldn't get waived to goto the AHL if the Flyers didn't like him or his contract anymore(think Wade Redden), he got a NTC so he wouldn't be traded without his consent. There's a big difference between the 2.

NMC much worse for us. Can't even pull a Huet w/o consent. I really truely believe he wants to be and stay in Philly.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Places I could realistically seeing Briere consider waiving his NTC for Toronto, St Louis, Los Angeles, Nashville, Buffalo(& Quebec if they get a team again). All of those teams except for Buffalo are either serious competitors now or will be by next year, except Buffaloe where he was rumored to love and still have friends there. The other thing is on all of those teams(except LA) he would be their unquestioned #1 center and would get to play with their best wingers which might help him re-claim his close to ppg form(he would look amazing between Kessel & Lupul).

I know he's prob here till the end of his contract. I just really wish Homer thought out giving long contracts with huge salaries & NTC/NMC's to players over 30. He should only ever give out limited NTC where the player can either name a set number of teams he will or won't goto(not 100% sure how they work, or if they're all different). Contract's like his and Bryz's really hurt the team when the players don't live up to them. I'm already dreading when Giroux, Schenn and Couturier's contract expire and we have to re-sign them.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Okay Bandits.....how 'bout this....your boy DB, Carle and our 1st to the Columbus for Nash or Nashville for Weber? ;)

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Okay Bandits.....how 'bout this....your boy DB, Carle and our 1st to the Columbus for Nash or Nashville for Weber? ;)

I'd love either of those moves but we'd be including JVR/Schenn/Couturier & another 1st with the current price of players. I'm talking about mooing DB to a team set for the playoffs who needs a C and more scoring, that would make sense. That is if Homer did give him a ridiculous ginormous contract with NTC/NMC it turns teams off since he's a bit undersized and the Flyers organization hates to admit it makes mistakes normally and won't wash him to waive his NTC.

I fully believe we should deal Carle though, even a a rental he'll get us value back.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis is playing damn good hockey. You turds really think the Blues would ship Halak? They have one of the best one-two punches in net in the league.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis is playing damn good hockey. You turds really think the Blues would ship Halak? They have one of the best one-two punches in net in the league.

And that and DB will waive his NMC. Do trades really have to makes sense for both sides?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they cant score so why not take Bryz and JVR for Halak and 2 number 1's

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see hem shipping bishop and a prospect or pick. From their standpoint trading halal makes no sense(earlier in the season it may have). I think on this board are looking at deals that make the flyers better and half ass trying to justify that other teams would do it. Personally I'm trying to find a way to send briere out cause I want to see a 1-2-3 of giroux-Schenn-couturier down the center. I know he won't get a Nash/weber type return but a playmaking C who's a ppg in the playoffs has some value. Hell trade Carle too with the asking prove of other d-men we could get a good D prospect and a 1st. :thumb: