• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gutsy, or Nutsy? >> Trubisky

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a fluke Joe.

Every QB will occasionally have blow up games. Just look at Ryan Fitzpatrick from the first 3 weeks. I know you want Trubisky to be a great QB, but from what I have seen he is not somebody I would trust as anything more than a matchup play. And Jamies has the matchup this week.

Lastly, I just don't think his upside is all that high. He exploited a horrific defense last week that looked to have given up midway through the first quarter. Trubisky is not a good bet in what will likely be a low scoring game.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that somewhere else as well.
Not dismissing it, but that includes games against Mariota, Darnold and Carr.
Even Brady threw 2 picks against them, but here too, it was a divisional game.
brady is only qb who scored 20 points vs phins :suds:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a fluke Joe.

Every QB will occasionally have blow up games. Just look at Ryan Fitzpatrick from the first 3 weeks. I know you want Trubisky to be a great QB, but from what I have seen he is not somebody I would trust as anything more than a matchup play. And Jamies has the matchup this week.

Lastly, I just don't think his upside is all that high. He exploited a horrific defense last week that looked to have given up midway through the first quarter. Trubisky is not a good bet in what will likely be a low scoring game.
But you have a bias view of him, and hope he fails.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have a bias view of him, and hope he fails.

Maybe, but we aren't even having discussion right now if You weren't a Bears fan. While I might be somewhat biased, I am defintely less so than you when it comes to Mitch. Because all I have invested is my opinion that he would bust (or at least be worse than Watson and Mahomes, which he pretty clearly is). You have the entire future or your beloved Bears hinging on Trusbisky being good.

In 4 games, Trubisky has been better than QB18 once. Small sample size for sure. But he faces a difficult match up, while Winston's is cake.

You asked if it would be gutsy or nutsy to start Mitch over Jameis. I think it is nutsy, as do most of the other replies. If your gut (or heart) says Mitch, then do it. It could work. But percentages are working strongly against you here.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reminded of a fatal Sunday a number of yrs ago. Playing for a playoffs spot. Guy had P. Manning and Matt Schaub as his QBs. I was so thankful to see Peyton not playing. Well, Schaub went on to post 500+ yds and 5TDs. ..... he never had a game even remotely that good afterwards. Not saying it applies to this situation, but I'll never forget it - - and since then I don't under-estimate any QB on a given day. ... long-term sure. ...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would start yer boy is if they play Tampa Bay again.
No ...chance I am starting him against Miami over Alex Smith. And that’s coming from a bears fan.
Not something I would expect from him on the regular
in all honesty i have cj beatheard miles above trubs
Beatheard is averaging 28.5 ppg
I'm a Mitch fan. But he isn't going to be in shootouts.
Trubisky is not a good bet in what will likely be a low scoring game.
brady is only qb who scored 20 points vs phins

Trubisky @ Fins = 33.3 points
No guts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well heck Joe, your call. I up against you this week so I hesitate to encourage you to be a homer least my motivation becomes suspect. However I not against doing that ( going homer) myself. Not always wise and that’s a fact, but if it works out it’s makes for a fun time watching and playing ff. :suds:

Trubisky @ Fins = 33.3 point
No guts.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt even be mad about that. he had one game against the worst d in the league.

the other 14 turrible.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8

Starting Trubs over Aaron Rodgers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8

Starting Trubs over Aaron Rodgers.

Good luck!

Rodgers does have an insanely high ceiling this week against the Rams.

By the way Joe, I wasn't going to say anything, but I watched the game last week and I am more convinced than ever about Trubisky. He misses so many easy throws.

Super impressed with Matt Nagy and his play calling, you got a superstar there. Trubisky very well could be a fantasy stud because of the running and Nagy's schemes, but I see Bortles 2.0 when I watch him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck!

By the way Joe, I wasn't going to say anything, but I watched the game last week and I am more convinced than ever about Trubisky. He misses so many easy throws.

Super impressed with Matt Nagy and his play calling, you got a superstar there. Trubisky very well could be a fantasy stud because of the running and Nagy's schemes, but I see Bortles 2.0 when I watch him.
i agree, i see fantasy success though, due to system and volume, and inability to read the D causing him to run, which he can run

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck!

He has some growing to do. I agree.
Just hope Bear nation has the patience for him to develop.
On local talk radio, they were interviewing MMQB King, and he said pretty much everything you said. And he did say that Trubs (fair or unfair) will always be compared to Mahomes and Watson since they're from the same draft class.
But he did point out in a day of optimism that Mahomes threw over 1300 passes in college. Care to guess how many Trubs threw in college?

So things could change with more experience was his point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has some growing to do. I agree.
Just hope Bear nation has the patience for him to develop.
On local talk radio, they were interviewing MMQB King, and he said pretty much everything you said. And he did say that Trubs (fair or unfair) will always be compared to Mahomes and Watson since they're from the same draft class.
But he did point out in a day of optimism that Mahomes threw over 1300 passes in college. Care to guess how many Trubs threw in college?

So things could change with more experience was his point.

Sure. They defintely can change, and the good news is that Jacksonville was a couple plays away from the super Bowl last year with Bortles and a very similar defensive model. Also with a much less dynamic offense overall.

That said, the 2 hardest things for QBs to improve IMO are accuracy and decision making under fire. Those are Trubisky's weaknesses.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, @averagejoe,

While the comparisons will always be there, people would make less of a deal about it had the Bears not given up so much to move up 1 spot and take a guy who will likely be the 3rd best QB of the draft class.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're such a hater.
Starting to tick me off.
But I love you, man.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, @averagejoe,

While the comparisons will always be there, people would make less of a deal about it had the Bears not given up so much to move up 1 spot and take a guy who will likely be the 3rd best QB of the draft class.
I think most Bears fans are past that. Maybe not all. Seems like the harping on what was given up comes from outside Chicago. Probably because it's fodder for any lack of success Trubisky shows.

Can't speak for all Bears fans but when you've been without a franchise QB so long, you have to take those leaps. I don't fault our GM for that. And I'd say most other fans are about split on that as well.

I will add, Trubs didn't lose the Fins game. Or the Pats game. Could he have played better? Sure. But those games were lost by defense and special teams.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, @averagejoe,

Trubisky has been better than Watson the entire time. So, that's simply not true.