• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gustavo SERIOUSLY Injured

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Evans said he didnt think it'd be career ending but who knows.

i dont believe his story that he fell and put his arm through a table. washing his truck would have been more believable

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Evans said he didnt think it'd be career ending but who knows.

i dont believe his story that he fell and put his arm through a table. washing his truck would have been more believable

I heard rumors that had Affeldt over for dinner. I have not been able to confirm, though...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, though, everyone is saying the right things. "He should be ready for the start of the AFL", etc.

But he sliced a tendon and his hand was almost severed. I now the wrist, and proper nerves are not important to a MLB hitter, but...

Huh?

Critical, you say?

Shit...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sketchy to say the least.

It's pretty obvious why the Giants don't seem like they dip into the international market too much. They do dip into it, but they've just had horrid results, even by baseball standards.

Angel Villalona-charged for murder. Out of baseball for 2 years. Still has a shot, but the lofty projections are gone.

Gustavo Cabrera- severed wrist. Looking at a year of rehab at least. Wrist injuries are always huge question marks for baseball players.

Nathanel Javier- must serve 50 game suspension for using a hardcore steroid.

And those are just the guys I can think of off the top of my head. Sandoval was signed at a young age as well, but he wasn't a high-profile guy like the ones I listed.

I don't blame them for being hesitant in committing big money to complete unknowns (Puig/Cespedes/Abreu...)