• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

guerin released

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the right move in my opinion. he didn't really bring much in the preseason and doesn't provide anything to the team that other guys don't already do. we already have 8 guys who could score 20+ goals, and plenty of grit and veteran leadership, and this will allow for younger guys to get experience should there be a need to fill a roster spot with injuries.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the right move in my opinion. he didn't really bring much in the preseason and doesn't provide anything to the team that other guys don't already do. we already have 8 guys who could score 20+ goals, and plenty of grit and veteran leadership, and this will allow for younger guys to get experience should there be a need to fill a roster spot with injuries.

From the way he played, I can agree that he was not signed. Not sure we have (8) 20+ goals scorers but I hope to HELL that you are correct.:)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smart move.. he was terrible.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the way he played, I can agree that he was not signed. Not sure we have (8) 20+ goals scorers but I hope to HELL that you are correct.:)

This being said, I was hoping he would WIN a spot during camp. I wonder who made it. Are there any links to the season roster yet?

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think he was all that terrible. But the Flyers wanted him to play on a top line. I would of taken him on the 4th line but there are plenty of players fighting for spots that provide more to special teams than him.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Carter, Richards, Briere, vanRiemsdyk, Giroux, Zherdev, Hartnell and Leino are all 20+ goal caliber. Granted, there could be injuries and due to splitting up the ice team not all may reach 20, but i think its pretty safe to say each of them would hit 20 given a full season or close to it.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was a -4 last night and it sounds like Homer really needed to be convinced to keep GUerin. He did nothing special, although I would still have liked him to start with the Flyers. THey could have always replaced him with a younger player thgoughout the year. But it muct/ve been the right move. He got his shot.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Testwuide, Holmstrom, Laliberte, Kalinski, Bourdon, Gustafsson, and Backlund all sent to the Phantoms. Nodl and Bobrovsky stay. No big surprises.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Testwuide, Holmstrom, Laliberte, Kalinski, Bourdon, Gustafsson, and Backlund all sent to the Phantoms. Nodl and Bobrovsky stay. No big surprises.

all the right decisions. nodl's defensive play in the playoffs really impressed me and i think he deserves a shot with the big club. he wont ever put up a lot of points, but neither did powe, and i honestly think nodl could be past powe on the depth chart come playoff time.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw that Homer thought nobody would claim him due to being signed for next year also. I hope this is not the same as how we got Leighton last year. Anderwho usually knows theses answers.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think we will see all of these guys during the season, some sooner than later.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't see anyone signing up an expensive, rehabbing, unknown goalie to stick on their NHL team right now. THe timing is perfect for him to go down.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I agreed, it was the right move.

The only reason he was brought in was to build competition amongst the younger boys to see what they were really made of and in that he was successful.

Thanks for giving us something to talk about the last few weeks Guerin. :)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backlund was put on waivers.

*BOOM*

After the Sabre's debacle, Homer came down harder than I thought he would on the kid. He had a really bad game, but what Phantoms player that played that game didn't?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

99% of these guys had great camps. I hope it carries over through the season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bob and Bouch will duke it out for the first month and Leights will have to fight his way back in...let the best man win...hopefully it ends up being Bob with Leights backing him up. Love ya Bouch but age counts here.

Oooops forgot to say bye bye BG good luck and thanks for coming out you brought out the best in the young guns. Nodl knows the system and can slide in easily for injury but I think Carcillo was the main benefactor Lavy loves what he brings so hopefully he doesn't let all of us down. I have faith!

Last edited by a moderator: