• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden gone

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? The people that speak their mind dont give a shit and they are the ones all you Karens attack. I am sure you all feel like you should have your right to privacy, but a private email can cost you a 10 million a year job?
what i mean is people should speak their mind and tell people who are offended by it to fuck off...and quit with the apologize. The sooner we stop bowing to the whims of the few, the faster they go back to where ever the fuck they came from.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many other owners are in the same boat as Snyder? Is Snyder threatening to out them and possibly Goodell too, if they go full board after them.

I really think the reason the emails were leaked is because of the Goodell comments. If Gruden never called Goodell a fag, this is all still in the vault.
Yeah, you could be right there. There's likely more than a few skeletons in these owners closets. Hard to say on the second part though. Gruden could be the easy sacrificial pawn and maybe it is just about insulting Goodell but I doubt it. I think this mess has been brewing a lot longer than people think and there will be more at some point. Too much public scrutiny these days to sweep it under the rug, imo.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that there is an NFL coach that isn't worried about old emails.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i mean is people should speak their mind and tell people who are offended by it to fuck off...and quit with the apologize. The sooner we stop bowing to the whims of the few, the faster they go back to where ever the fuck they came from.

No one is saying that Gruden can't write the things he did.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really makes you wonder who in this thread is saddened that we can no longer hang black people and are trying to treat gay people as equals given how upset they are that Gruden got what he deserved.
I notice you quote Voltaire. Didn't he profit from slave trade? Personally I have no problem separating the good from the bad in people, but thought it interesting after reading your post

Voltaire - one of Frances best-known writers and philosophers - invested in Companie des Indes, an imperial company heavily involved in the slave trade. Companie des Indes owned ship Duc du Maine which transported slaves from what was then known as Senegambia to Louisiana. Another slave ship was even named after him, something Voltaire - whose real name was François-Marie Arouet - is said to have considered an honour.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that there is an NFL coach that isn't worried about old emails.

It sounds like people are shitting bricks.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incidentally has Frank Caliendo filed for unemployment yet? Poor guy had to be more upset than Raider fans.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many other owners are in the same boat as Snyder? Is Snyder threatening to out them and possibly Goodell too, if they go full board after them.

I really think the reason the emails were leaked is because of the Goodell comments. If Gruden never called Goodell a fag, this is all still in the vault.
Yeah here in Washington we are convinced that the owners did not want to bounce Snyder after the sexual misconduct scandal because they don't want their own skeletons exposed.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes a lot of sense. Maybe he has dirt on Jerry, Kraft etc.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever said that? LOL You are the one harping on that there is "no proof" after Gruden resigns is plain stupid. Why would he resign if he has nothing to hide. Put two and two together, dumb shit.

See there, I just called you a dumbshit and I have done plenty of dumb shit in my life but I am also not the head coach of a NFL team.

I never said there wasn't proof. I said we should see the e-mails and decide for ourselves if it's racist or not rather than let the media keep it all a secret and tell us how to think about Gruden.

Not sure why you guys pretty much unanimously disagree with me on that.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said there wasn't proof. I said we should see the e-mails and decide for ourselves if it's racist or not rather than let the media keep it all a secret and tell us how to think about Gruden.

Not sure why you guys pretty much unanimously disagree with me on that.

The emails were sent to Raiders ownership. Not sure why you feel entitled to it.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has had the emails since July when the investigation was over, it was up to the raiders from there. After a couple losses they have acted

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cancel culture gets even more ridiculous. It's not like he raped 20+ massage therapists or something.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and here I thought a picture was worth a 1000 words....
15290550_web1_FBN-RAIDERS-NOV22-20-010.jpg
He was trying to suffocate him

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ordered the Code Red on Gruden?

And has anyone checked on Randy Moss today? He really had the sads over this.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's only the whims of the few then that might work. If it's the whims of the majority then don't bitch about it if/when you get cancelled.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has had the emails since July when the investigation was over, it was up to the raiders from there. After a couple losses they have acted

The bolded is such a bull shit statement.

Gruden ran his mouth two weeks ago, the NFL office didn't like that. One released email didn't do it, so they released several.
Such an upstanding organization like the NFL should pull back the curtain and release the other 600,000 plus emails.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded is such a bull shit statement.

Gruden ran his mouth two weeks ago, the NFL office didn't like that. One released email didn't do it, so they released several.
Such an upstanding organization like the NFL should pull back the curtain and release the other 600,000 plus emails.
What did he run his mouth about? I must’ve missed it

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess as to why they won't release all the emails is this: they want to "protect the shield." Jon Gruden is expendable. A trove of emails showing that an NFL team was possibly corrupt to its core might raise deeper questions about the league and its integrity.

That or the other owners saw that Snyder could still earn for them and the 1 thing that won't stand when it comes to filthy rich folk is someone fuclkin with their money. Snyder needed 24 of the 31 other owners to waive a 450 million debt he had incurred which he got. That in turn allowed him to buy out the 3 minority owners of the Skins franchise. Who all went to court to get an injunction that would've allowed them to sell their shares in the team to whoever. Snyder naturally wanted those shares for himself which came to 40.5% of the team in total. Getting the 450 million waiver from then other owners made it possible for Snyder to buy all 40.5% of said shares to the tune of 875 million dollars. Once he did that Snyder along with a couple of his immediate family members, his wife among them, became the sole owners of the Skins franchise.

All this was taking place while the NFL was 'investigating;' Snyder. The owners put a woman, can't remember her name at this time, in charge of overseeing that investigation. At some point, either the owners had someone call her to ask if she had concluded her investigation. Or she called someone to inform the owners she had concluded it. And all that was left was to put it all down in a written report to present to the owners. She was then instructed to write nothing down and anything that she already written down, notes etc were to be destroyed.. That she would present her findings to the owners in an oral manner.

And that was that.