• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronkowski for Forte?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster isn't that valuable healthy. But either way that's enough value that you take it. You could immediately flip forte for more than gronk back.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster isn't that valuable healthy. But either way that's enough value that you take it. You could immediately flip forte for more than gronk back.

Huh? Foster is absolutely a top-10 fantasy back when healthy.

I don't play in leagues where people make trades at the snap of the finger. I would not trade Gronk in order to have 4 top-10 RBs so I can sit one every week. It simply doesn't make sense. Now...if I had another trade already worked out, that's a different matter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money,

The point is that he is throwing a lot of value away. Trading Forte is no different than trading AP right now. He is that good.

Even if you have the 5 best RBs in the league, you don't deal Forte for Gronk. That is like trading a $100 bill for a $20. You deal him for Gronk, a QB upgrade and a WR upgrade.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Foster is absolutely a top-10 fantasy back when healthy.

I don't play in leagues where people make trades at the snap of the finger. I would not trade Gronk in order to have 4 top-10 RBs so I can sit one every week. It simply doesn't make sense. Now...if I had another trade already worked out, that's a different matter.

No. He splits touches and that won't change.

Trades don't have to be frequent to make it easy to get better than gronk back for forte. All it takes is an offer and you could almost pick and choose what you want back.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to reply I this first. Ur absolutely insane if u think a healthy Foster isn't that valuable. Kubiak loves Foster and he's done nothing but produce in his time in Houston.

But, u also think Fitz is better than Megatron so there's that.....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money,

The point is that he is throwing a lot of value away. Trading Forte is no different than trading AP right now. He is that good.

Even if you have the 5 best RBs in the league, you don't deal Forte for Gronk. That is like trading a $100 bill for a $20. You deal him for Gronk, a QB upgrade and a WR upgrade.

I just wanna clear some stuff up. I did not have Forte. I had Gronk and was looking to trade FOR Forte. My reasoning is bc I didn't trust that Foster would be healthy the rest of the year. I like having 3 rbs playing and as much as it may be a mistake, I have never put a real premium on the TE position. Granted Gronk is a monster, but I just feel more comfortable with Forte.

As it is, I did end up trading Gronk for Forte.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to reply I this first. Ur absolutely insane if u think a healthy Foster isn't that valuable. Kubiak loves Foster and he's done nothing but produce in his time in Houston.

But, u also think Fitz is better than Megatron so there's that.....

A back splitting carries isn't a top option.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate has 110 utilized plays (targets+carries) per kffl.com. Foster has 150. That's too large of a cut of the looks.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're loaded at WR. Id take Forte over gronk as well

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate has 110 utilized plays (targets+carries) per kffl.com. Foster has 150. That's too large of a cut of the looks.

Bc Foster HASNT been healthy. Last year, a fully healthy Foster had 350 carries to Tate's 65. Which is why, your're completely wrong in thinking a healthy Foster isn't valuable. But we're arguing over nothing bc Foster isn't healthy hence why I traded for Forte.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money,

This is a completely different point. The OP is trading FOR Forte. However, a player's worth is determined by what you can get for him. If you sit on the 5 best RBs all year because you feel you aren't getting "proper" value for one of them, then you are pissing your season away.

The OP is worried about Foster's health, so as I stated before, I think it's a good move. If, however, he had a healthy Foster, McCoy, Lacy (and Ellington btw) and he still wanted to trade Gronk for Forte...it's simply a bad move (unless he had other moves/trades worked out of course).

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP is worried about Foster's health, so as I stated before, I think it's
a good move. If, however, he had a healthy Foster, McCoy, Lacy (and Ellington
btw) and he still wanted to trade Gronk for Forte...it's simply a bad move
(unless he had other moves/trades worked out of course).
Exactly.