• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk replacement

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to decide between Jordan Cameron and Dennis Pitta. Cameron has been on my team since the start of the season (I drafted him late to use while Gronk got healthy) and Pitta is on the wire.

Cameron played well at the start of the season, but prior to the previous game he really hadn't done much of anything in over a month. In fact, I had actually considered dropping him because I was never going to bench Gronk. But he did have that good game Sunday and he has two good match ups coming (Chicago and NYJ).

Pitta is back and had a good game Sunday. Flacco loves him. I used him last year (ironically as a Gronk replacement) and Flacco basically looks for him any time the #1 option gone. Plus, he pretty much looks for him every time in the endzone so he's always a scoring threat if the Ravens get inside the 20.

Who's the better option? It's really tough imo and I'm not sure which way to go.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the same decision and I have not made it yet.

Campbell just does not have the rapport with Cameron that Flacco does with Pitta. I am really tempted to go with the Raven here, but I think it depends on what happens Thursday night. My opponent has D. Thomas and J. Thomas. If they go big, I might be more willing to gamble with Pitta.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Cameron, so I'd lean more toward him. Plus I'm putting in a bid for Pitta as well.

For those without Cameron or Pitta to choose from: Garrett Graham is worth a look if Owens is still out. And likewise, Niles Paul is worth a watch if Jordan Reed is gonna be out.

If you're looking to fill a flex spot for Gronk, I would consider Edelman if he's back in the FA pool. He seemed to be the go-to guy while Gronk was out, so I'm betting that he resumes that role.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the same boat, rolling with Cameron. Can't believe that teams won't be leaving safeties over the top on Gordon the rest of the way out, so Cameron could make hay. NWE tried to take Gordon deep balls out of the equation, and he just racked up the YAC against them, but it also turned into a lot more targets for Cameron. I expect it to become a trend the rest of the way through.

Both TE's have decent match ups in their next 2 games, and I don't think you would be wrong either way you went.

Pitt Browns Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the same decision to make. I'm rolling with Cameron. I tend to think along the same line as monkey in that teams are going to try to take away Gordon, try being the key word, which will leave plenty of opportunities for Cameron underneath. Plus I believe that Chicago is a little weaker against guarding the te than Detroit is. That's just my opinion.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely forgot about Jacob Tamme - he could be a good fill in option if any Gronk owners don't have a backup and miss out on Pitta.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely forgot about Jacob Tamme - he could be a good fill in option if any Gronk owners don't have a backup and miss out on Pitta.

I didn't. I actually claimed both this week with the loss of Gronk. Man, Tamme is sure intriguing to play tonight. I have the Lions as my DST, so not sure if I want Pitta in there....

For this thread, I would start Cameron.

...but for me, hmm, I'm not sure... Pitta or Tamme?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id go with cameron too I agree with pitts brown fan that they are going to not let gordon beat them at any cost leaving Cameron one on one.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're looking to fill a flex spot for Gronk, I would consider Edelman if he's back in the FA pool. He seemed to be the go-to guy while Gronk was out, so I'm betting that he resumes that role.

Didn't really want to toot my own horn, but after some of the bonehead advice I've been spewing, I just wanted to point out that I do hit on a few.