• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Griffin a top GM?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're either exaggerating on the word 'outrage' or you're really overestimating how much people care about what happens in the Cavs' front office.
Have you not seen all the shade the Cavs have gotten for how they treated Drummond, what they got for him, what they paid him in the buyout, etc?

The Kyrie deal in which the team who acquired Kyrie couldn't wait to see him leave?

Hell, there are people who rip the Cavs for things that are factually incorrect and actually Griff's fault.....what I like about Griff is when he messes up he'll own it. Let's see if he does here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not seen all the shade the Cavs have gotten for how they treated Drummond, what they got for him, what they paid him in the buyout, etc?

The Kyrie deal in which the team who acquired Kyrie couldn't wait to see him leave?

Hell, there are people who rip the Cavs for things that are factually incorrect and actually Griff's fault.....what I like about Griff is when he messes up he'll own it. Let's see if he does here.

Admittedly it will be interesting to see how he deals with this

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly it will be interesting to see how he deals with this
always loved how candid he was as analyst...even if it was about him or areas he was involved. admitted he was banging on the table to draft Bennett and helped talk the GM into it. also said he would not make deals that helped the present but hurt the future without Lebron's commitment

definitely curious to see what he'll say when asked.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The public sentiment is not on Redick's side on this one. It's not out of the question Griffin was a snake about it but all we know is Griffin honored the terms of the contract and now Redick has publicly aired how he sees it went down.

Shades of Adam LaRoche feeling entitled to have his boy in the dugout everyday.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The public sentiment is not on Redick's side on this one. It's not out of the question Griffin was a snake about it but all we know is Griffin honored the terms of the contract and now Redick has publicly aired how he sees it went down.

Shades of Adam LaRoche feeling entitled to have his boy in the dugout everyday.
Truth be told, I don't have an issue with it. Everyone played by the rules and probably a little overblown. But because of perception of Griff he's more likely to get a pass than certain FOs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, I don't have an issue with it. Everyone played by the rules and probably a little overblown. But because of perception of Griff he's more likely to get a pass than certain FOs.

How the fans perceive and how the players perceive it could be very different. Good GMs build good relationships with players and agents and if either think that a GM is acting in bad faith, it can cause real problems for the GM.

Redick is a 15 year vet and a pretty well respected guy. Him going public and saying that Griffin lied to him probably hurts Griffin and the Pelicans at least a little.

And ultimately, it's odd that he chose to make this move to take back some meh contracts and a 2nd rounder. Collecting draft assets is a good idea in general but a mid to late 2nd rounder isn't worth a whole heck of a lot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fans perceive and how the players perceive it could be very different. Good GMs build good relationships with players and agents and if either think that a GM is acting in bad faith, it can cause real problems for the GM.

Redick is a 15 year vet and a pretty well respected guy. Him going public and saying that Griffin lied to him probably hurts Griffin and the Pelicans at least a little.

And ultimately, it's odd that he chose to make this move to take back some meh contracts and a 2nd rounder. Collecting draft assets is a good idea in general but a mid to late 2nd rounder isn't worth a whole heck of a lot.
agree....though can we be sure it's not just sour grapes about having to move during the season? Guy wants to be close to his family but chooses to go to NO?

I mean, I do think Griff is overrated, but I think he's OK and wouldn't rip him if not warranted.

Am curious to see what he'll say...if he says anything.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree....though can we be sure it's not just sour grapes about having to move during the season? Guy wants to be close to his family but chooses to go to NO?

I mean, I do think Griff is overrated, but I think he's OK and wouldn't rip him if not warranted.

Am curious to see what he'll say...if he says anything.

Well we have no way of knowing. I think that Redick may have different priorities post-Covid than he did prior to Covid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have no way of knowing. I think that Redick may have different priorities post-Covid than he did prior to Covid.
true, but didn't he choose to go to NO as a FA post-Covid?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covid seems like a lifetime. But yeah, he signed in the summer of 2019.
sure does.....honestly, I don't even remember anything he did on NO last season. Don't say that as a negative toward JJ. Just don't recall.