• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Griffin a top GM?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok....but I don't know this. and neither do you. Being sure Lebron would commit before making a deal is far from not trying to keep Lebron.

But give me a minute.....I'm still laughing at your "I wouldn't blame Gilbert if he traded the Brooklyn pick (even if it got them nowhere)" comment. and, no, not out of context. You said it.

Laugh all you want.

But I am always on the record that teams should try to contend if they have a realistic chance to contend.

Win now trades are stupid if your team isn’t close enough. Any team with LeBron is automatically in win now mode. And the Cavs didn’t push all their chips to the middle for the 2018 season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh all you want.

But I am always on the record that teams should try to contend if they have a realistic chance to contend.

Win now trades are stupid if your team isn’t close enough. Any team with LeBron is automatically in win now mode. And the Cavs didn’t push all their chips to the middle for the 2018 season.
Yeah...if only this was factual and not just baseless opinion because you don't like Gilbert.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...if only this was factual and not just baseless opinion because you don't like Gilbert.

You do get that I said this was my opinion right?

98% of discussion here is opinion.

But, just because you don’t agree, doesn’t mean mine is baseless. And LOL at you inferring that I am biased in this conversation. You are one of the top 5 homers here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do get that I said this was my opinion right?

98% of discussion here is opinion.

But, just because you don’t agree, doesn’t mean mine is baseless. And LOL at you inferring that I am biased in this conversation. You are one of the top 5 homers here.
you said the following as a statement of fact when you don't know what the Cavs tried to do or what offers were made that they might have turned down........"Any team with LeBron is automatically in win now mode. And the Cavs didn’t push all their chips to the middle for the 2018 season."

You can LOL all you want but you even admitted you hate Gilbert and your baseless opinions back this. You state the majority of your opinions as fact. I state my opinions as...well.....opinions.

But you be you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said the following as a statement of fact when you don't know what the Cavs tried to do or what offers were made that they might have turned down........"Any team with LeBron is automatically in win now mode. And the Cavs didn’t push all their chips to the middle for the 2018 season."

You can LOL all you want but you even admitted you hate Gilbert and your baseless opinions back this. You state the majority of your opinions as fact. I state my opinions as...well.....opinions.

But you be you.

Part of what I am saying is fact. Part is opinion.

It is fact that LeBron expected the Cavs to make win-now moves when he signed there.

It is fact that the Cavs could have traded the Nets pick for something to bolster their roster.

The rest is pretty much opinion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of what I am saying is fact. Part is opinion.

It is fact that LeBron expected the Cavs to make win-now moves when he signed there.

It is fact that the Cavs could have traded the Nets pick for something to bolster their roster.

The rest is pretty much opinion.
Yes, it's fact they could have traded the pick for something. It's opinion they received an offer that would have made it worth trading arguably the top asset in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's fact they could have traded the pick for something. It's opinion they received an offer that would have made it worth trading arguably the top asset in the league.

And not trading it for something was a clear statement to LeBron.

No, that pick was not close to the “top asset in the league”.

But if it were, even more reason for LeBron to want them to trade it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not trading it for something was a clear statement to LeBron.

No, that pick was not close to the “top asset in the league”.

But if it were, even more reason for LeBron to want them to trade it.
So a team offers a player that will not get them over the top...then they fail to get over the top AND do not have the pick......Lebron says, "that's it, final straw"

Even if able to use fake trades/rumors who are you thinking they were bringing in?

Is it possible Gilbert the reason he left again? I guess...comical you cannot accept maybe Lebron just wanted to go to LA.

Pure comedy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did tlance say he doesn't like Gilbert? Just wondering. Don't recall seeing him say something like that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did tlance say he doesn't like Gilbert? Just wondering. Don't recall seeing him say something like that.

I said it. He was a cry baby with the letter. Have not liked him since.

But I can promise you, if one of us is more biased on this, it isn’t me.

I couldn’t care less about Dan Gilbert.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All you said was Gilbert was a crybaby because of that stupid letter? I gotta agree with you on that. That was, and still is, a bad look for Gilbert. When he put that silly letter out he looked like a high school kid that just got dumped.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah..but you are more biased on this. I don't care for Gilbert either (sure, I like that he'll spend what it takes to win), but not gonna rip him off of baseless opinions because I don't like him

Nice try though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you said was Gilbert was a crybaby because of that stupid letter? I gotta agree with you on that. That was, and still is, a bad look for Gilbert. When he put that silly letter out he looked like a high school kid that just got dumped.
sure was a bad look. But doesn't make the other baseless opinions about him less baseless.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Common sense man. The Cavs could have traded the Nets pick if nothing else. They didn’t.

Teams tend to value lottery picks. That is 100% certain.

I believe the reason they didn’t trade it was Lebron wouldn’t commit to the franchise.

chicken or the egg

I recall seeing articles saying this

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the reason they didn’t trade it was Lebron wouldn’t commit to the franchise.

chicken or the egg

If you believe the rumors it's that and there were no other deals out there we know of. Best one I heard was for Jordan and even if true he's not putting them over the top against GS.

No doubt a chicken and egg situation in a sense. Best deal they allegedly passed up was one where the dealt Kyrie essentially for Bledsoe and PG (#4 pick was supposed to go to Indiana). Griff said he would make a deal like that without a commitment from Lebron (as both he and PG could have left). This was before Kyrie demanded a trade (and supposedly a reason he wanted one).

I'm not even saying it's not possible there were better deals to be made for Kyrie or that Brooklyn pick.....only that saying so is no more than a baseless opinion clouded in a dislike for Gilbert (not by you). Only rumored deal that was better was turned down by Griff. Ironic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chicken or the egg

Exactly.

Been discussed at length.

But LeBron wasn’t going to commit long term. He made that clear.

The reason?

IMO he didn’t trust Gilbert.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Been discussed at length.

But LeBron wasn’t going to commit long term. He made that clear.

The reason?

IMO he didn’t trust Gilbert.
OK......even though Gilbert did everything he asked him to do. Never mind the whole you have no idea what they were offered for the pick factoid.

Chose LA over places he had a better chance to win at the time (Philly?). Couldn't just be he wanted to live there where he has a decent sized house and does a lot of his offseason work? Some decent weather, too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK......even though Gilbert did everything he asked him to do. Never mind the whole you have no idea what they were offered for the pick factoid.

Chose LA over places he had a better chance to win at the time (Philly?). Couldn't just be he wanted to live there where he has a decent sized house and does a lot of his offseason work? Some decent weather, too.

I am sure that was a part of it.

Also though, obviously LA offered future upside that Cleveland did not. And maybe LeBron wanted a new challenge, not another made roster like Miami.

As soon as Gilbert wasn’t willing to go all in, LeBron left. That happened. No debating it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..but you are more biased on this. I don't care for Gilbert either (sure, I like that he'll spend what it takes to win), but not gonna rip him off of baseless opinions because I don't like him

Nice try though.

You are EXTREMELY biased in favor of everything Cleveland. It shows in just about every post you make about the Cavs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure that was a part of it.

Also though, obviously LA offered future upside that Cleveland did not. And maybe LeBron wanted a new challenge, not another made roster like Miami.

As soon as Gilbert wasn’t willing to go all in, LeBron left. That happened. No debating it.
I mean, there is as it's only baseless opinion by you he could have gotten something to show Lebron he'd go all in.

Unless you mean Griff would not make the PG deal without the commitment? Ironic, huh?