• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gregg Williams expected to join Fisher, Rams

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Peter King: Gregg Williams expected to join Fisher

Posted by Josh Alper on January 13, 2012, 5:48 PM EST

Gregg Williams will be coordinating the Saints defense on Saturday and through the rest of the postseason, but that could be it for his run in New Orleans.

Peter King of NBC and Sports Illustrated reports that Williams is “expected” to join Jeff Fisher in St. Louis next season. Williams ran the defense under Fisher with the Titans from 1997 to 2000 before leaving to become head coach of the Bills. He was a defensive assistant under Fisher and Jack Pardee with the franchise before moving up to defensive coordinator.

Williams, via James Varney of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, said earlier this week that he won’t talk to Fisher, who he called his best friend in coaching, until after the Saints’ season is over. The self-proclaimed “Dr. Heat” didn’t offer anything concrete about his plans beyond the postseason, however he did pass on a chance to reunite with Fisher when he took the New Orleans job in 2009.

If Williams does head to St. Louis, it will be interesting to see if Eagles defensive line coach Jim Washburn joins up with his old mates from Tennessee. With changes looming on the Eagles defense, the whole band could get back together with the Rams.

Peter King: Gregg Williams expected to join Fisher | ProFootballTalk

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd be pretty happy if I were a Rams fan. Not as happy as I was with Harbaugh but a lot happier than I'd be with the craptastic bunch of guys who've coached the Rams lately.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, blood is thicker than Lombardi - I think I would stay with NO over defecting to StL

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well if Gore gashes them on Saturday, then maybe Gregg Williams can join Fisher as early as next week. :-)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh...not looking forward to facing Greg Williams twice a year if this is the case. His blitz happy Defense may cause some concern for injuries in the future.