• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Olson to Seattle.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. If Will Dissly could stay fuckin' healthy than this signing really makes no sense. Hollister is also a promising up and coming tight end... but Hollister could be a 1 year wonder and Dissly needs to prove he can stay healthy for a season. It's sad because he was on pace to be a top 3 TE last year. But two ACL tears in 2 years? Woof... (pun intended for the former Husky).

That said, I think Olsen is a little bit of a high priced insurance policy. The only other available tight ends that would've been any better were:

Henry/Ebron/Hooper - Problem is, all these guys are young and want large contracts. The conflict for Seattle is, they already have 2 young promising tight ends that will work out fine as long as they stay healthy. It's a 'quiet smart' move. Dissly/Hollister can easily be the future so there's zero point to draft someone high or sign a younger Henry/Ebron/Hooper to long term contracts, and Chargers will probably not let Hunter walk regardless because they'll be drafting a new QB and want weapons.

Olsen is doing a 'can I get a ring?' move, so he'll be motivated to play and help others around him. Seattle was a better fit because his other options are Buffalo/Washington, who are likely not reaching the Super Bowl. Seattle had a VERY legitimate shot last year if half their OL and the ENTIRE RB group wasn't out. Could've easily taken the division and had a shot against GB.

Also, Seattle after the Olsen signing and incoming Ed Dickson release, has $55M of cap. They can easily re-sign Clowney and a bunch of other free agents. And Olsen's $7M is a non-factor next year.
ebron wants a big contract? I didnt read that. He was on a 2 yr 13million contract with indy after busting in Detroit. He also face planted last season

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebron wants a big contract? I didnt read that. He was on a 2 yr 13million contract with indy after busting in Detroit. He also face planted last season

Not so much what he wants, but I feel someone will probably give it to him, and he'll be looking for something longer term. Seattle needs an immediate contingency plan...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams won't be worth a fuck, but the rest of the division will be good.

The Rams are the Lions of the NFC West.

i believe you're thinking of the cardinals

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much what he wants, but I feel someone will probably give it to him, and he'll be looking for something longer term. Seattle needs an immediate contingency plan...
well he did suck in detroit, had one good year, then had an awful year, and went on IR, even when indy didnt want him too. So he likely isnt getting a long term deal, if it is, its incentive laden

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy if the Hawks can get 10 to 11 games plus playoffs if they make it.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not trying to hype up this signing at all but let’s just says I went from 1.5 inches to a solid 2 inches

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams won't be worth a fuck, but the rest of the division will be good.

The Rams are the Lions of the NFC West.

if they ever go 0-16, then I will accept this title. but until then the Lions can not be replicated :lol: