• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Olsen?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than he helped the Hawks win a game almost helped them win a 2nd and was consistent on the field. Sure he is no Dissly but he was better than Luke Wilson. Until Dissly proves he can stay healthy then Hollister is a fine dump off outlet for the QB seeing as we do not throw many of those type passes to RB but to TE. He is Athletic and is a talented receiver. Not the typical 6 foot 5 250 TE no but he is a nice piece because his quickness makes him a pain to cover with LBrs and his size is big enough to cause CB problems. I really wonder what people were watching when they say Hollister hasn't proven anything? Obviously not his play last season. I like the Upside i see here for this 26 year old player ( 11 games 41 Rec ). I believe what we saw last season was just the start of what he can do. He also has a 82% catch rate and had only 1 drop last year.

I know we all would've preferred Dissly to have a 16 game line of 62/700/11 like he was on pace for, but I agree that Hollister more than adequately filled in. With 4/5 of the current TE room spending not unsubstantial time on the injury report last season, Hollister may be the most important player at the position this coming year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all would've preferred Dissly to have a 16 game line of 62/700/11 like he was on pace for, but I agree that Hollister more than adequately filled in. With 4/5 of the current TE room spending not unsubstantial time on the injury report last season, Hollister may be the most important player at the position this coming year.

Yah but some veteran leadership is good and while I agree Hollister looks very promising, I'd like to see another season first. He'll get a lot more attention this year now that teams have footage.

As for Dissly, just needs to prove he can stay healthy.

Dickson needs to be cut asap, I have zero fucking clue why he's still even on the roster.

This TE class in the draft is weak and with major holes at OL/DL (and prior to Dunbar secondary), I don't think we had room to draft a TE and it wouldn't make any sense. Olsen is a temporary solution to see if Dissly can rebound and Hollister is actually legit.. and if Dissly + Hollister pan out the veteran leadership from Olsen will help give us a chance at one of the better TE tandems in the league.

I have a bigger issue with the Reed signing since there's been a TON of DL signing for much cheaper, and arguably better talent.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah but some veteran leadership is good and while I agree Hollister looks very promising, I'd like to see another season first. He'll get a lot more attention this year now that teams have footage.

As for Dissly, just needs to prove he can stay healthy.

Dickson needs to be cut asap, I have zero fucking clue why he's still even on the roster.

This TE class in the draft is weak and with major holes at OL/DL (and prior to Dunbar secondary), I don't think we had room to draft a TE and it wouldn't make any sense. Olsen is a temporary solution to see if Dissly can rebound and Hollister is actually legit.. and if Dissly + Hollister pan out the veteran leadership from Olsen will help give us a chance at one of the better TE tandems in the league.

I have a bigger issue with the Reed signing since there's been a TON of DL signing for much cheaper, and arguably better talent.

He was on the field for something like 78% of the teams offensive snaps once he became active how much more film do they need? Also what are they going to do? take the double off Lockett or DK? That wont work because then Lockett or DK will eat them alive. Guard him differently? How be more aggressive? he was a TE, the people that guarded him were pretty aggressive last year going against LBers and even catching balls when he WAS Doubled ( goal line he was doubled a few times ). Hollister i feel will continue to be a strong special teams player and a capable TE. He might become that mainstay on this team like Lockette was before he hurt his neck. Never a top front line guy but also too good on special teams and some times on offense to not keep around, Also they tend to be cheaper. lol

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on the field for something like 78% of the teams offensive snaps once he became active how much more film do they need? Also what are they going to do? take the double off Lockett or DK? That wont work because then Lockett or DK will eat them alive. Guard him differently? How be more aggressive? he was a TE, the people that guarded him were pretty aggressive last year going against LBers and even catching balls when he WAS Doubled ( goal line he was doubled a few times ). Hollister i feel will continue to be a strong special teams player and a capable TE. He might become that mainstay on this team like Lockette was before he hurt his neck. Never a top front line guy but also too good on special teams and some times on offense to not keep around, Also they tend to be cheaper. lol

Always wait the second season and watch defenses adjust. I've said that from day 1 and when everyone is hyping RG Knee, Baker Mayfraud, etc. and I'm the one saying, "Let's wait for season 2" I can't help but roll my eyes. And yes I know it's not his second season, but it effectively is starting. It's harder to adjust on the fly week to week vs. a full season to prep and changes to personnel.

I'm not saying he can't be the guy, but I like the insurance of Olsen especially with Dissly as a huge question mark. That's all I'm saying.