• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay @ Dallas

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a huge game. Last week's loss completely goes away if we win this week and look good doing it. If we play like we did last week and also lose it will be very telling for this team going forward.

It's too early to worry about one or two games, but IMO, if we win we are clearly the Division favorites and right in the mix for a bye and HFA throughout and probably one of the top 3 to 5 teams in the NFL. If we lose I think the division favorite shifts back more towards a toss-up of the two or maybe even to Philly. :2cents:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers dont run well. They dont defend the run very well either. This would seem like it should be a Cowboys victory. But I just dont trust this team. Or maybe I dont trust the head coach. We got lots of players playing hurt. It would be huge to win this game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't let this happen again with our running game, even without Tyron Smith playing

The Dallas Cowboys got a reality check against the New Orleans Saints. After dominating the first three games, they were stymied by a fierce defense. Before that game, our Michael Strawn and Tom Ryle had a few concerns. Now, with the 3-1 Green Bay Packers rolling in, they have a few more.

Michael: Well, my biggest concern is the offensive line. Bob Sturm and several of the video analysts showed the Cowboys repeatedly ran the ball into 6-man fronts - which is exactly what you want. An average running team should be successful running against six men. A team that has invested as much as the Cowboys have in the OL and running back position should be ripping off huge chunks of yards in such situations.

Instead, the Saints’ group flat out dominated the Cowboys run game. That simply cannot happen. Watching Conner Williams struggle is one thing. Seeing Travis Frederick and Zack Martin getting beat physically and also blowing assignments - this team simply will not succeed with that happening.

Tom: We are certainly on the same page here. The way the line got manhandled was by far the most disturbing thing about the loss to New Orleans.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their secondary is really good. Now they haven’t played a good passing team yet though. Wentz had some success against it. 23 - Alexander - I really believe is a top 5 CB in the league. 30 - King- many aren’t real high on him, including his own fans. Every time I see the guy play and he is healthy , he makes plays. When they show their offensive players lineup, it’s a Pro Bowl studded cast. I haven’t heard anything on Adams today, so that would be a big loss. Their RB hasn’t got going yet this year. He is a good back.

I just really think our OLine has something to prove this week after getting hit in the mouth vs NO. Hopefully the Coaches let them play. I think they had the mentality last week that if there are no turnovers, we win. Honestly it was probably the right way to go. GB is a little different. They may not be clicking on all cylinders but it’s going to take some points to win this one. If we turn it over, we turn it over. I think GB will try to fix their run defense , which should open up some passes. I still think Zeke will have a good day though. I like these games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad for them but good for us.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't let this happen again with our running game, even without Tyron Smith playing

The Dallas Cowboys got a reality check against the New Orleans Saints. After dominating the first three games, they were stymied by a fierce defense. Before that game, our Michael Strawn and Tom Ryle had a few concerns. Now, with the 3-1 Green Bay Packers rolling in, they have a few more.

Michael: Well, my biggest concern is the offensive line. Bob Sturm and several of the video analysts showed the Cowboys repeatedly ran the ball into 6-man fronts - which is exactly what you want. An average running team should be successful running against six men. A team that has invested as much as the Cowboys have in the OL and running back position should be ripping off huge chunks of yards in such situations.

Instead, the Saints’ group flat out dominated the Cowboys run game. That simply cannot happen. Watching Conner Williams struggle is one thing. Seeing Travis Frederick and Zack Martin getting beat physically and also blowing assignments - this team simply will not succeed with that happening.

Tom: We are certainly on the same page here. The way the line got manhandled was by far the most disturbing thing about the loss to New Orleans.
I kind of think the noise was part of the issue with the OL. That and running up the gut on every 1st down. The saints knew what was coming. Cowboys need more deception and need to roll dak out of the pocket more. Another issue is dak rarely drops back to pass,so need more roll outside and play action. The other issue is the OL is dinged up

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their secondary is really good. Now they haven’t played a good passing team yet though. Wentz had some success against it. 23 - Alexander - I really believe is a top 5 CB in the league. 30 - King- many aren’t real high on him, including his own fans. Every time I see the guy play and he is healthy , he makes plays. When they show their offensive players lineup, it’s a Pro Bowl studded cast. I haven’t heard anything on Adams today, so that would be a big loss. Their RB hasn’t got going yet this year. He is a good back.

I just really think our OLine has something to prove this week after getting hit in the mouth vs NO. Hopefully the Coaches let them play. I think they had the mentality last week that if there are no turnovers, we win. Honestly it was probably the right way to go. GB is a little different. They may not be clicking on all cylinders but it’s going to take some points to win this one. If we turn it over, we turn it over. I think GB will try to fix their run defense , which should open up some passes. I still think Zeke will have a good day though. I like these games.
King Doubtful

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home game against a likely playoff team. Big Big game

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has to beat Green Bay sooner or later, I figure it will finally happen on Sunday.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has to beat Green Bay sooner or later, I figure it will finally happen on Sunday.
Good point, because GB has won ONE straight against the Cowboys :noidea:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, because GB has won ONE straight against the Cowboys :noidea:
woops. forgot about the Cowboys' win in 2016, Green Bay has actually beaten them twice since then. But, Green Bay has also beaten Dallas 7 out of the last 8 times they've played. So it looks like it's time for Dallas to re-claim the upper-hand in this matchup

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woops. forgot about the Cowboys' win in 2016, Green Bay has actually beaten them twice since then. But, Green Bay has also beaten Dallas 7 out of the last 8 times they've played. So it looks like it's time for Dallas to re-claim the upper-hand in this matchup
Rodgers has killed the Cowboys no doubt. The 2016 win changed the mindset that they can't beat him so that is gone. Being able to beat them in the playoffs is unfortunately still an issue and why I always root against GB against NFC playoff caliber teams. Not that I ever want to see anyone get hurt, but I am glad that Adams isn't playing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers run defense is very bad so Zeke should have a great day.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has killed the Cowboys no doubt. The 2016 win changed the mindset that they can't beat him so that is gone. Being able to beat them in the playoffs is unfortunately still an issue and why I always root against GB against NFC playoff caliber teams. Not that I ever want to see anyone get hurt, but I am glad that Adams isn't playing.
The thing is that 3rd and 20 conversion should have been called back. They held David Irvin on that play and it was blatant. Every time we play Green Bay the refs make sure green bay and specificly Rodgers get the breaks.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers run defense is very bad so Zeke should have a great day.
Yeah, but in the Garrett era that is not how it works. He likes to attack a teams strength Instead of a weakness. Look at how many times we have faced a team that has all of their starters out in the secondary and we continue to run the ball into a brick wall 8 man front. Jarwin should have had a huge game last week against those bad safties and we did not use him.