• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay/Dallas

Who wins? Packers vs Cowboys

• Packers. Home field advantage and they match up well.

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Cowboys, better rounded team and on a roll.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This matchup really intrigues me. Most things say Green Bay should win. They are perfect at home and Rodgers will be playing against what is in all respects a craptastic pass D. I think there are some interesting sub plots though.

Cowboys perfect road record this year. It seems incredibly they were able to do this.
Cowboys run offense against a Packers D that is not that great versus the run. They won't be able to pull a Detroit and only put seven guys in the box if Dallas establishes this early. Then it becomes pick your poison of continuing to double Dez as your defense stays on the field and gets gassed and your offense sits on the sidelines and is devoid of any momentum or selling out to stop the run and risking putting Dez in one on one coverage and getting burnt. Also the Dallas D, as crappy as they have been, have also managed to get turnovers at crucial times and get the job done when it counts in crunch time.

It makes for a real interesting game and while I expect the Packers to likely win it will be a tough game.

What are you doing? We're not big into talking football here.

However, since you started it, I think another interesting story is Doug Free, the RT. I know he's not the most beloved O-linemen by Dallas fans, but I think their O-line has looked better with him than without him this season. Parnell seems a little too inconsistent to me, and while he might have more of an upside in the long run, I don't think he makes them better right now. I feel like we've seen a negative impact on the O-line since he's been out, but hardly anyone is talking about it.

The situation at LB is scary too. It was already looking thin, and now they're praying two injured guys can hang in there. As much as Cowboys fans have fallen in love with McClain, it's been one injury after another with him. The rookie's been pretty good, all things considered, but counting on an injured rookie to play at a high level seems like such a tall order.

While everyone is focusing on one call in the Detroit game or on Aaron Rodgers, I think a lot of stories are being overlooked for these teams.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you doing? We're not big into talking football here.

However, since you started it, I think another interesting story is Doug Free, the RT. I know he's not the most beloved O-linemen by Dallas fans, but I think their O-line has looked better with him than without him this season. Parnell seems a little too inconsistent to me, and while he might have more of an upside in the long run, I don't think he makes them better right now. I feel like we've seen a negative impact on the O-line since he's been out, but hardly anyone is talking about it.

The situation at LB is scary too. It was already looking thin, and now they're praying two injured guys can hang in there. As much as Cowboys fans have fallen in love with McClain, it's been one injury after another with him. The rookie's been pretty good, all things considered, but counting on an injured rookie to play at a high level seems like such a tall order.

While everyone is focusing on one call in the Detroit game or on Aaron Rodgers, I think a lot of stories are being overlooked for these teams.

Weird stat since you bring it up. Parnell has been responsible for 0 sacks since replacing Free. I agree as well though that the oline as a whole looks weaker when Parnell is in. Not sure if it is just the rest of the line trying to compensate or what.

Sorry for talking football though. I'll go pick a fight with an Eagles fan or something.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird stat since you bring it up. Parnell has been responsible for 0 sacks since replacing Free. I agree as well though that the oline as a whole looks weaker when Parnell is in. Not sure if it is just the rest of the line trying to compensate or what.

Sorry for talking football though. I'll go pick a fight with an Eagles fan or something.

That's more like it.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you did not just watch Dallas and Green Bay both play Detroit then in consecutive weeks.

GB offense vs Detroit - 152 yards rushing / 225 yards passing
Dallas offense vs Detroit - 75 yards rushing / 242 yards passing

Which of those 2 teams looks more balanced vs the top rush defense in the league?

Either you did not watch those 2 games, or you are talking out of your as$.

Well I did watch some of both those games, and anyone with a football IQ above a frog, knows that stats mean nothing on gameday... I's all about match ups, and my opinion is that Dallas has a better D, especially on the Dline than GB, and more talent on the O with Dez, Witten and Murray....
I don't think GB can contain them for 60 mins and although AR is the better QB, his weapons don't match up enough to keep up with the points scored IMO....I am entitled to have one aren't I ?:rollseyes:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering which media outlet is running with the story that DeMarco Murray is too tired to run the ball. I only ask, because I feel like I've read a ton of a Packers fans posting that across the internet today, and I doubt they all had the same idea at the same time. Nobody seems to notice the Cowboys RT has been out though. Too busy talking about an NFL conspiracy.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Packers beat the SNOT out of the cowgirls.....

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones will drag his sorry a*s tale back to Dallas and whine in his Palace.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Packers win, because I feel the Seahawks match up better with them, but I go with the underdog here an predict a Cowboy win. The Cowboys OL will help them control the clock and keep Rogers off the field. I hope I'm wrong.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
00808_kCmcmG3kiIx_600x450.jpg

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Packers win, because I feel the Seahawks match up better with them, but I go with the underdog here an predict a Cowboy win. The Cowboys OL will help them control the clock and keep Rogers off the field. I hope I'm wrong.

I have a feeling Rodgers will tweek his leg again early on. Doubt he practices much this week and the cold weather is not going to do him any favors. Then again who knows if he'll even be at full health. Don't think an injured Rodgers or Matt Flynn is winning this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

yungjme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
murray should get more carries in this frigid environment. although if they can slow down that run and the pack start to build a lead then the ball is solely in romos hands which would scare me if i was a dallas fan. i give them very little chance in lambeau. especially if rodgers gets off to a hot start. and the defense can slow down that excellent offensive line that powers that rushing attack for dallas. also eddie lacy is the perfect back for this kinda situation. big burly grind it out. gotta love the packs chances

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the game comes down to the first four possessions. If the Cowboys can set the tone and grind up Green Bay and the defense can come up with some early stops it will be the difference maker. I think an aerial comeback in Green Bay is not going to happen.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody talks Romo, Murray, Bryant and toss in Witten. Like they did with Aikman, Smith and Irvin, toss in Novacek.

But it's the secret weapons that kill you. Like the ghost of Alvin Harper, Terrance Williams with TDs like he had to close the 1st half last week. I was down on him recently since he'd done not a hell of a lot since the Seattle game.

But he's back.....