• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay/Dallas

Who wins? Packers vs Cowboys

• Packers. Home field advantage and they match up well.

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Cowboys, better rounded team and on a roll.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm ... four points is nothing to hang your hat on ...

That is true. However, it also refutes the statement that Dallas' defense is much better than the Packers.....no?

I think it will come down to, like most games, the play of the QB. That being said, I like the Packers chances.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many football experts think this same exact thing looking at the defensive play over the whole season as if you look at those numbers Detroit is a bot better over the complete season.

If you look at the last half of the season including the last 8 games after the Packer bye week when they made changes to the defense and compare it to Detroit in the last 8 games they are almost identical in over all defense but the Lions are slightly better in Run D and the Pack is slightly better in pass D but stats are good for both teams in both Passing and Rushing defense.

So if we look at the current level of play over the last 8 weeks we have these stats:

Lions Packers

Rushing per game 64.6 86.75
Passing per game 264.25 246.25
Total yards per game 328.85 333

So the Packers current defense is not that different than the Detroit defense.

The thing I found most interesting was how this great Dallas O line allowed 6 sacks on Romo? That same amazing Detroit D line the week before was only able to sack a 1 legged Rodgers once. This tells me the Boys will not be able to get pressure on Rodgers which will be an advantage.

Detroit got good pressure on Romo, but not Rodgers and that means the Dallas D won't get pressure on Rodgers?

Our blitz pickup/recognition was very poor yesterday and Romo had 3 or 4 occasions where simply throwing the ball away would have negated a sack. We did have 3 sacks and more importantly 2 strip fumbles of Stafford. But, pressure has not been a strong point in general for the Cowboy Defense.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Detroit got good pressure on Romo, but not Rodgers and that means the Dallas D won't get pressure on Rodgers?

Our blitz pickup/recognition was very poor yesterday and Romo had 3 or 4 occasions where simply throwing the ball away would have negated a sack. We did have 3 sacks and more importantly 2 strip fumbles of Stafford. But, pressure has not been a strong point in general for the Cowboy Defense.

And you cant see how my post makes sense?

Many Cowboy posters here say that the Lions D is for real and is a good D line and that is why they could sack Romo 6 times.

I then go back and think just how did the Packers O line do against this same Lions D line the week before. When looking at that game Matt Flynn was sacked once and a one legged Rodgers was not sacked at all.

This helps me come to the conclusion that since the Lions D line is one of the best 2 in the league and that the Packers kept Rodgers on his 1 leg all game that the D line that the Cowboys bring will be easier to handle than the top D line that the Lions brought.

Another underrated thing on this Packers team is the greatness of how the O Line developed over the season it is as good or better than the Dallas O line.

jmann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is talked about way to much for a team that has gone 8 and 8 for the last several years. They finally have a winning season and Dallas Fans think they will beat Green Bay. Dallas should be treated just like any other 8 and 8 team. TV people do not talk about 8 and 8 teams at all, now that Dallas wins a playoff game that's all they talk about. Enjoy what you have now Cowboy fans because it all ends this weekend. You will return to what you have been for years an 8 and 8 team or worst. Carrot Top talks about the team like they have been in the top 5 for years. I will be surprised if he is still the coach in 2 or 3 years. To the people on the NFL Channel stop talking about the Cowboys like they were World Champs last year. And please get rid of the guys that continue to talk over other people Eric Davis being the worse. You can't even understand what they are saying.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas allowed 352 points in the reg season and GB allowed 348.

But how many points has each allowed per game ?.....That's what matters most...
I'm not looking for a stat argument, I know they are very near useless in determining these games...
I was clear when I said "from what I've seen", meaning I made my own observation and decision based on what I've seen watching these 2 play and listening to the analysts break it all down....
Paper champions don't get a Lombardi, so I'll trust my eyes and ears instead.....
Dallas looks to me as the better "Team" of the 2, more balanced because they are not relying on just the QB to win it for them but are looking for a team effort on both sides of the ball....
It's just my opinion though !!!!:think:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes two teams play a second time and the pressure is completely different. To go a roundabout way to get to the conclusion is questionable at best, no?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Rodgers going to play 2 way? He is going to slow down the cowboys from putting up 150 yards rushing? Lol

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimpy Rodgers = Cowboys win

Healthy Rodgers = Packers win

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A gimpy Rodgers is still better than most healthy QB's

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. However, it also refutes the statement that Dallas' defense is much better than the Packers.....no?

I think it will come down to, like most games, the play of the QB. That being said, I like the Packers chances.

to be honest, I don't believe the stat here means anything, nor do I believe the Boys D is any better than the Pack's (despite the original poster's surmise - and I believe he was just trying to emphasize that somehow, the Boys D gets it done when it's needed, but then again, I'm not in his brain). There are plenty of issues for each team to address ...

You're right ... QB play may be the point, should be a very interesting game all the way around ... too bad I won't get to see it, much like all of this year ...

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jctoo;6153973too bad I won't get to see it said:
That sucks man. At least you won't be tortured by the Buck/Aikman duo :suds:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has not thrown an int at home since 2012.

That is ridiculous.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated at home v undefeated on the road. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Rodgers > Romo, but Murray > Lacey.

Good match up on paper. If I had to bet I'd probably take GB, but it could go either way.

I just hope it lives up to its billing and is still a game under 4 mins to go.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Detroit, GB knows to keep the pedal down. IF GB gets up early this ones over. I think Rodgers carves up the Dallas secondary.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Detroit, GB knows to keep the pedal down. IF GB gets up early this ones over. I think Rodgers carves up the Dallas secondary.

We can only hope after The Lions got hosed in their game against "Big D';" what a joke! The Boys tried to give that game away, but needed the refs help to secure their first playoffs in 5 years! "Aaron, please carve them up! They don't deserve any consideration!" :drool:

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know Dallas is having a good year?..........By counting the haters.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, I would not give Dallas a chance on the frozen tundra. Rogers is on another level that romo can't even see. However, if the officiating is compromised, as it looks like it is. GB is a great team but you can't beat the Cowboys and the Zebra's both.

lol, oh God. :L