• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay/Dallas

Who wins? Packers vs Cowboys

• Packers. Home field advantage and they match up well.

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Cowboys, better rounded team and on a roll.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good test for Packers run defense, still think that is the Achilles heal for the Packers.

Dallas OL did not impress me yesterday after hearing about them all year as most dominant. Gave up 6 sacks and 10 QB hits.... Packers OL gave up 1 sack (M. Flynn QB) and 2 QB hits a week earlier. Packers got 4.0 yards/carry and Dallas only 3.5 yards/carry vs Lions.

Dallas will have to feed Murray most of the game to control clock, keep Rodgers off the field and keep it from being a race on the scoreboard. If they can control the clock and keep it close, they have a chance.

If Packers get out to 14-0 lead like Lions did, I think game will be over fast.

A noted in a previous post the Packers rush defense is much improved since the first week of the season with the changes made during the bye week the Packers are allowing about 80 yards a game on the ground.

I am guessing the Packers will run the ball more as well. Look at the recent games where Dallas put up only 75 yards with the great Murray running against the Lions and the Packers rush game put up 152 on the Lions the week before. This will keep the ball out of Romos hands

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold weather will be a factor...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to make a comment on this game, but I don't want to be thought of as obsessed with Dallas.
Better pass...

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has a much better D than the Pack from what I've seen and I don't think the cold effects one anymore than the other in most cases.....Dallas has won in the cold before, no biggie.....
Dallas has the better run game anyway so bad weather would actually be in their favor....
I think very simply, GB's D is much easier to score on than the Boys, ala Boys 24 GB 17.....:nod:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, I would not give Dallas a chance on the frozen tundra. Rogers is on another level that romo can't even see. However, if the officiating is compromised, as it looks like it is. GB is a great team but you can't beat the Cowboys and the Zebra's both.
Rodgers is gimpy with a calf strain. If he isn't at 100% it bodes well for a Dallas win.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has a much better D than the Pack from what I've seen and I don't think the cold effects one anymore than the other in most cases.....Dallas has won in the cold before, no biggie.....
Dallas has the better run game anyway so bad weather would actually be in their favor....
I think very simply, GB's D is much easier to score on than the Boys, ala Boys 24 GB 17.....:nod:

Dallas allowed 352 points in the reg season and GB allowed 348.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A day changes everything as now the forecast is expecting a high temp of 15

I'm hoping for snow. Anything to slow down the Packers passing game should be good for the Dallas DBs

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets compare run games: Dallas against the Lions was like 75 yards yesterday. A week ago the Packers lit up the Lions D for 152 yards the worst outing of the season for the Lions D

As far as comparing the defenses you must be going by the early season statistics and what you may remember of the Packer defense back at that time. With changes made to the Packer defense during the bye week that statistics place them as a top 5 defense in the last 8 weeks allowing like 85 yards a game rushing and around 260 yards a game passing. The Packer defense is underrated by most everyone and will surprise many people through the remainder of the season

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snow would be cool to watch. Where do you spot the ball if a player trips over his own feet and slides for 10 yards?

no snow predicted and light winds so wont have much of a wind chill but of course weather can change

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets compare run games: Dallas against the Lions was like 75 yards yesterday. A week ago the Packers lit up the Lions D for 152 yards the worst outing of the season for the Lions D

As far as comparing the defenses you must be going by the early season statistics and what you may remember of the Packer defense back at that time. With changes made to the Packer defense during the bye week that statistics place them as a top 5 defense in the last 8 weeks allowing like 85 yards a game rushing and around 260 yards a game passing. The Packer defense is underrated by most everyone and will surprise many people through the remainder of the season

Kind of sounds like you are picking and choosing the stats you want to compare. Week 17 Rodgers threw for 226 yards. This week Romo threw for 293. Should Dallas fans say we have a better passing game?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will neutralize Lacy, but Rodgers will make enough plays to get the win. Romo will throw an untimely pick at some point in the 2nd half trying to rally dallas. Final score: GB 31, Dallas 21

:lame:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many football experts think this same exact thing looking at the defensive play over the whole season as if you look at those numbers Detroit is a bot better over the complete season.

If you look at the last half of the season including the last 8 games after the Packer bye week when they made changes to the defense and compare it to Detroit in the last 8 games they are almost identical in over all defense but the Lions are slightly better in Run D and the Pack is slightly better in pass D but stats are good for both teams in both Passing and Rushing defense.

So if we look at the current level of play over the last 8 weeks we have these stats:

Lions Packers

Rushing per game 64.6 86.75
Passing per game 264.25 246.25
Total yards per game 328.85 333

So the Packers current defense is not that different than the Detroit defense.

The thing I found most interesting was how this great Dallas O line allowed 6 sacks on Romo? That same amazing Detroit D line the week before was only able to sack a 1 legged Rodgers once. This tells me the Boys will not be able to get pressure on Rodgers which will be an advantage.

That needs to be addressed. They had some poor coaching going on in that first half and the lions D is no joke.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said on the NFL Network that this will be the 3rd time in NFL history that an 8 - 0 home team will be playing an 8 - 0 road team. Something will be changing.

Undefeated Road vs. Undefeated home has happened 3 times. 2 times it was before the 16 game season so this is the first 8-0 vs. 8-0.