• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great run by DK Metcalf

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in modern training, modern nutrition, and subtract cigarettes, and Owens is a 9.7 guy.

Actually......Owens lost a lot in the 100, Temples Eulace Peacock owned him 7-3 once winning five in a row. Ralph Metcalf beat him numerous times, James Johnson beat him, a who? His best event was the long jump his 26-8 WR stood for over 25 years, he only lost once and that was to Peacock a stud long jumper himself.

Don't see a 9.7 that is for the elite of the elite.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, being a freak of a physical specimen and being a man, he's able to generate so much more power than even the greatest woman sprinter, so I figured he'd have a time faster than the women's record.

Yep, fast women run a 10.7, that won't make the finals in the HS boys 100final in Texas,

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, fast women run a 10.7, that won't make the finals in the HS boys 100final in Texas,

Yeah, I debate with my wife that a WNBA team wouldn't stand a chance against our local high school boy's team. Heck, even a junior high team would probably beat a WNBA team.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Metcalf wants all that muscle. he loks good in it and helps his game. But, did he honestly believe he had a legit shot in this? I nevr saw anything like.....hell no, just messing around. I got the impression he was serious about this.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I debate with my wife that a WNBA team wouldn't stand a chance against our local high school boy's team. Heck, even a junior high team would probably beat a WNBA team.

Don't think a junior high team could, but without question any decent HS boys team could.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trainwreck GIF

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think DK embarrassed himself at all. He wasn't expected to win against those guys. But he stayed with them for the most part. Being less than a second slower against elite sprinters in the 100m wouldn't embarrass me. On the contrary I'd probably never stop talking about it for the rest of my life.

Now, if we want to even the score a little to see if anyone gets embarrassed, lets line up that same field of runners against DK again, but this time they'll run at Lumen field, endzone to endzone, in full football pads. Let's see who crosses the line first in that contest.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think DK embarrassed himself at all. He wasn't expected to win against those guys. But he stayed with them for the most part. Being less than a second slower against elite sprinters in the 100m wouldn't embarrass me. On the contrary I'd probably never stop talking about it for the rest of my life.

Now, if we want to even the score a little to see if anyone gets embarrassed, lets line up that same field of runners against DK again, but this time they'll run at Lumen field, endzone to endzone, in full football pads. Let's see who crosses the line first in that contest.

That particulat gang of sprinters he faced in that heat weren't football players, I do think in the situation you mentioned he could have fared much better, he's not beating a couple in that race no matter what but maybe, 3/4.

He did run faster than most of us track geets expected.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is all adding up to the fact that it is going to cost the farm to resign him, ouch that is going to hurt.