• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great book series that could be TV series

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The John MacDonald Travis McGee character. Meyer, all that stuff. Great writer and books. I believe he did not grant movie rights, so a true waste of writing talent never taken to the screen.

Later on, it’s Lee Child’s Reacher, but the two movies with Tom Cruise were off character and poorly executed IMO. Those books could give many seasons of thrill and binge.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond Bagley, also a great writer of the knight errant type character. They should explore these books and plots.

People would gobble up TV series of that genre, IMO.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The John MacDonald Travis McGee character. Meyer, all that stuff. Great writer and books. I believe he did not grant movie rights, so a true waste of writing talent never taken to the screen.

Later on, it’s Lee Child’s Reacher, but the two movies with Tom Cruise were off character and poorly executed IMO. Those books could give many seasons of thrill and binge.
As someone that hasn't read those series of books, I enjoyed the first Jack Reacher movie but the 2nd one fell flat.

One I wish I knew about when it was one that had a one and done season on TNT but I really enjoyed the books was the King and Maxwell series by David Baldacci. I figured that those would make good movies or a tv series.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preston and Child's Pendergast novels could be made into good movies.

King's Dark Tower series would be great, but they'd probably have to be made into a GOT-style series.

Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy could've been great movies, but they probably can't happen until Star Wars is rebooted.

Nice to see that Bardugo's Shadow and Bone books are getting made into a Netflix series.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preston and Child's Pendergast novels could be made into good movies.

King's Dark Tower series would be great, but they'd probably have to be made into a GOT-style series.

Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy could've been great movies, but they probably can't happen until Star Wars is rebooted.

Nice to see that Bardugo's Shadow and Bone books are getting made into a Netflix series.

100% agreed on Pendergast. Always entertaining.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Travis McGee was great. All book titles had a colour in them.

I like John Sandford's Prey series too, although it could be too gruesome for TV occasionally.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those movies crack me up, the entire point is the books flip the common imposing bad guy that the good guy has to overcome. Reacher is the imposing character in this. Bad guys are meant to be intimidating. Tom Cruise can't do physically imposing. I would love a tv series that was appropriately cast.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those movies crack me up, the entire point is the books flip the common imposing bad guy that the good guy has to overcome. Reacher is the imposing character in this. Bad guys are meant to be intimidating. Tom Cruise can't do physically imposing. I would love a tv series that was appropriately cast.

Sylvester Stallone is a shrimp too, with even less presence than Cruise but folks buy him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read all the Reachers and have a hard time reconciling 6'5" book Reacher with Cruise.

But it isn't the first time main characters have been miscast.

I was actually surprised by how much I liked the movies, just the casting always bothered me. Not with the acting, that always seemed solid.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wifey recently got me into the Lockwood & Co books. Sort of for younger readers but I’ve enjoyed it so far. About ghost hunters. First book was a little slow & exhaustive but the next few books get so much better.

A TV series would be comparable to Supernatural, but if they did it right by tailoring it to the horror genre then it would make for a pretty damn good show. Supernatural started that way but got way too superfluous & lost its horror DNA.

Lockwood & Co would likely mean a primarily teenaged cast, but hopefully they don’t strictly adhere to that nor the book series’ target audience.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone that hasn't read those series of books, I enjoyed the first Jack Reacher movie but the 2nd one fell flat.

One I wish I knew about when it was one that had a one and done season on TNT but I really enjoyed the books was the King and Maxwell series by David Baldacci. I figured that those would make good movies or a tv series.
Baldacci books are very entertaining. Good for TV series, for sure.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good
Travis McGee was great. All book titles had a colour in them.

I like John Sandford's Prey series too, although it could be too gruesome for TV occasionally.
MacDonald’s McGee is probably the precursor to all of these book thrillers. Prey is too gruesome, agree. I think they made a movie or 2 of those.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Lee Child’s Reacher is a great character, very badly portrayed by Cruise. I think Tom probably financed the movies and cast himself as Reacher. LOL.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually surprised by how much I liked the movies, just the casting always bothered me. Not with the acting, that always seemed solid.
The movies were good because the book plots are so rich in content. Agree with the casting of Reacher … that was a reach :)