• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grading Redskins Picks

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after the third round you are looking for ST or situational players and the occasional diamond in the rough. I think they drafted Moses to be the RT, maybe not in week 1 but in the near future. I believe they drafted Murphy as a potential starting OLB next year and Long can be anything from depth to a starter in a year or two.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah the fuck those guys opinions. :laugh3:

Dude so I have the redskins a C for the draft. It's my opinion. Once again and again I didn't hate the picks I just would have picked different guys. All my knowledge (very very little) I'm just stating what I thought of the draft. What does it solve getting mad at someone's opinions. I really hope these guys can improve our team and get us back to the playoffs. :suds:

Ritz I'm talking about the experts spewing BS non stop about everyone and everything. Who knows how these guys will pan out but I liked the approach they took.
HTTR:suds:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experts there are no experts unless you need a RB in 6th round then you call shanahan. Seriously no one knows what they are talking about its all a big guessing game. Will the redskins draft be good, the magic 8ball says "ask again later" fuck I hate when it says that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now Murphy and Long are reaches. Moses, Breeland, Seastruck are all very solid picks. If we didn't make the trade an just took Van Noy at 34 the grade would of been a A-. With the trade I will go C+

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) trent murphy olb wasnt the top need however i think this guy is a 6-8 sack a year guy who has great length can get stronger and could put on more weight . B -

3) morgan moses RT Should be a 10 year bookend starting in 2015 A

3) S long RG got hurt was a preseason all american perhaps a bit of a reach but he certainly isnt a Ribeye . C
4) B Breeland , Cb 6-0 194 . nice pick here could threaten as a 3rd Cb by 2016 B+

5)R grant WR . 6-0 could have the best hands on the team already . if he can produce in the return game it would be a plus . C+
6) L Seastrunk Rb Could be our 3rd down /change of pace RB could push helu /thompson off the roster for a 6th rounder A
7) t Bosler TE 6-6 257 Lbs could push paulson or paul off the roster C
7) Z hocker K we should have taken a punter . F

overall i see 2-3 future starters and 2 contributors overall a B

I agree with everything you are saying. I still don't understand the Long, Grant and Hocker picks. Grant is a WR who ran a 4.6....LOL. Hopefully we suppliment with some UDFA.

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the Long pick, and Grant is a great route runner/possession WR (3rd at best) but I don't get the Hocker pick. I believe I already read somewhere he's more than likely only a camp body, unless he can also punt/kickoff.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you are saying. I still don't understand the Long, Grant and Hocker picks. Grant is a WR who ran a 4.6....LOL. Hopefully we suppliment with some UDFA.

Duke while I'm not comparing the 2 WR abilities just throwing out the 40 time as I've never seen him play but grants 40 time is the same as Art Monks. To much BS about times, reps, combines in general IMO
If he can play he can play. Again not compairing but every year I watch Jason Witten running like he's pulling a semi loaded with gold and I think my grandma could out run him but the dude is always open and getting 10 yards a catch. Speed is important but not everything.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record we needed starters more then depth.

Realistically, you only expect starters from the first round.

50% of the time you get a successful football player in the second round.

The percentages drop from there rather dramatically.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T. Murphy B-
M. Moses A+
S. Long C+
B. Breeland B+
R. Grant. D
L. Seastrunk B+
T. Bolser C
That kicker. F

Overall I'm not upset or ecstatic.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now Murphy and Long are reaches. Moses, Breeland, Seastruck are all very solid picks. If we didn't make the trade an just took Van Noy at 34 the grade would of been a A-. With the trade I will go C+

Let us know when you get an NFL front office job.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im entitled to my opinion just like everyone else.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us know when you get an NFL front office job.

No one not even the Redskins front office or especially the redskins front office are experts. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions (except Dean :whistle:) we all are hoping the guys picked will perform enough to help the redskins win games.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. of course im on board now. But passing on Hageman, Tuitt, Van Noy, and attachou, for Murphy and Long was a tough pill to swallow. I cant believe people on here don't understand that. But its water under the bridge now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Tuitt (huge fan), Hageman (fan), Van Noy, and Attachou sure things? Hell no they are not.

We got two very good football players, highly rated football players, instead of just one of the guys you want that may miss. Better odds and we even won the trade value by close to 100 points or so.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I Agree we won the trade poit wise. But in my opinion we passed on better players to make the trade and I hope we get something out of Long. There is a lot of pressure on him to succeed. If he is as good as the front office say he is, he should have no problem beating out Chester or Ribeye.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. of course im on board now. But passing on Hageman, Tuitt, Van Noy, and attachou, for Murphy and Long was a tough pill to swallow. I cant believe people on here don't understand that. But its water under the bridge now.

You can't believe people don't understand your opinions and think we should all have the same opinion as you? I think that most people agree you are entitled to your opinion but to say the Redskins made a mistake is baseless until a couple of years go by. You write your posts like you are absolutely right and everyone else is wrong.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't believe people don't understand your opinions and think we should all have the same opinion as you? I think that most people agree you are entitled to your opinion but to say the Redskins made a mistake is baseless until a couple of years go by. You write your posts like you are absolutely right and everyone else is wrong.

Bingo!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I Agree we won the trade poit wise. But in my opinion we passed on better players to make the trade and I hope we get something out of Long. There is a lot of pressure on him to succeed. If he is as good as the front office say he is, he should have no problem beating out Chester or Ribeye.

Dean... this is where i think your logic is a little flawed. If you are drafting in the hopes of finding an instant starter with every pick, or even within the first three rounds, you have already set expectations too high. You draft and bring in guys who you can develop into starters. Long fits that bill, but it would be a mistake to say if he cant beat out Chester and be a starter by the end of the season then it was a bad pick. The front office took a long term approach with each and every pick. And if its a long term approach, it should have little or no bearing on who will be penciled in as the starter come week one. Now if he does outperform Chester and is a starter by the end of the year, bonus for us.