• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade my Draft

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normal 10 team public yahoo league.

QB
Josh Freeman (5)
Andrew Luck (8)

RB
Doug Martin (5)
Chris Johnson (8)
Reggie Bush (9)
Mark Ingram (7)

WR
Larry Fitzgerald (9)
Reggie Wayne (8)
Mike Williams (5)
Greg Jennings (5)
Justin Blackmon (9)
Golden Tate (12)

TE
Vernon Davis (9)

K
Sebastian Janikowski (7)

Def
Cleveland (10)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normal 10 team public yahoo league.

QB
Josh Freeman (5)
Andrew Luck (8)

RB
Doug Martin (5)
Chris Johnson (8)
Reggie Bush (9)
Mark Ingram (7)

WR
Larry Fitzgerald (9)
Reggie Wayne (8)
Mike Williams (5)
Greg Jennings (5)
Justin Blackmon (9)
Golden Tate (12)

TE
Vernon Davis (9)

K
Sebastian Janikowski (7)

Def
Cleveland (10)

I have to give that a C-. It isn't soul crushing, but it certainly isn't good.

For a 10 team league, you don't have very many advantages. I am guessing by number of WRs that you start 3? Is there a flex spot?

Here is my analysis by position:

QB- For a 10 team league, Freeman and Luck is probably going to be the worst duo in the league hands down. Luck has some upside, but you are going to have a weekly disadvantage against just about every team you face at this position.

RB- Love Doug Martin. He could be the best RB in the league. After that, however, you lose major points. Chris Johnson is a good RB2 who could play like an RB1, but you just don't know. Reggie Bush is gold in PPR, but he is being seriously over-drafted in standard formats. The Lions are going to throw it a million times, and I know Bush excels in the passing game, but I would much rather have Lamar Miller, Leveon Bell or Montee Ball than Bush in a standard league. Fact is, Leshoure is likely to get the goal-line carries and Joique Bell is going to be involved as well. Mark Ingram may not even be the starter for NO and you don't have nearly enough depth at a position of attrition.

WR- Fitzgerald is good, but the Cards have 0 offensive line. Your next 3 are all past their prime, Blackmon is suspended 4 games and has the worst QB in football.

TE- Davis is a good pick (probably)

DST/K- Don't really matter. You did not get difference makers here either though.

Overall, your team's RBs will be above average most weeks, but you have 0 depth. You have a disadvantage at QB and WR relative to most teams in a shallow league. It could be a long year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this way more if it's PPR. Martin, Johnson and Bush is a formidable trio, especially since it sounds like Tennessee wants to get Johnson more involved in the passing game. Bush could put up Sproles-like catch numbers in Detroit's offense, and Martin's value doesn't need to be explained.

I think Luck could be a sneaky good pick this year, a potential top 5 fantasy QB. He has some solid weapons in Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton, and Fleener and Allen are a very good TE duo. They also play in a dome, which is always helpful for the passing game. Their defense also looks to still be atrocious, so I see them needing to put up a lot of points to be good. It wouldn't shock me to see Luck throw for 4500/35TD. He'll likely get another 3-5 TD on the ground, so I like it.

Palmer is an upgrade for AZ at QB, but shit, who wouldn't be? They still lack a true run game, so Fitz will get targets. I see the double-dip with Reggie Wayne. For crying out loud, the guy isn't aging. Even with a slight dropoff, he should still get 90+ catched and 1200+ yards, which I'll take from a WR2. Jennings, Williams and Blackmon do nothing for me, however I hear Golden Tate is having a huge camp in Seattle, so with Harvin injured constantly, he could be another guy to watch.

I'm not high on Davis at TE. Unless he get some WR duties, I just don't see him being a huge get. Maybe CK will use him like he did in the playoffs. Last year in the regular season, though, he avoided him like the plague (11 catches for 66 yards over the final 6 weeks of the regular season). Do you have a backup?

I actually really like the Browns defense this year. They added a lot of talent to an already talented defense. Not only that, but both Baltimore and Pittsburgh look suspect on offense after this offseason. Cleveland also has some nice matchups outside the division (Buffalo, Minnesota, Jacksonville, NYJ, KC), all of whom have major holes on offense.

Overall, not bad. If this is a PPR league, I'd give it a B. Standard league, C-.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested to see what round you took each player, I can't believe there wasn't a better QB available in rounds 5 or 6 where I think you probably took a QB. I don't think much of your WR's, Fitz could be back to average but Reggie has to slow down at some point. Your RB's are pretty good, obviously Martin is a good pick. I think you will run into issues at WR at some point and if you start 2 RB's you probably will not have much fun deciding between Johnson and Bush each week, guess it's a match up thing but both players play in divisions that don't have dominating defenses.

I would usually like to see the entire draft before giving a grade because maybe you passed on some players that would have been better than what you did select.

But I guess i'd grade it about a C

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this way more if it's PPR. Martin, Johnson and Bush is a formidable trio, especially since it sounds like Tennessee wants to get Johnson more involved in the passing game. Bush could put up Sproles-like catch numbers in Detroit's offense, and Martin's value doesn't need to be explained.

I think Luck could be a sneaky good pick this year, a potential top 5 fantasy QB. He has some solid weapons in Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton, and Fleener and Allen are a very good TE duo. They also play in a dome, which is always helpful for the passing game. Their defense also looks to still be atrocious, so I see them needing to put up a lot of points to be good. It wouldn't shock me to see Luck throw for 4500/35TD. He'll likely get another 3-5 TD on the ground, so I like it.

Palmer is an upgrade for AZ at QB, but shit, who wouldn't be? They still lack a true run game, so Fitz will get targets. I see the double-dip with Reggie Wayne. For crying out loud, the guy isn't aging. Even with a slight dropoff, he should still get 90+ catched and 1200+ yards, which I'll take from a WR2. Jennings, Williams and Blackmon do nothing for me, however I hear Golden Tate is having a huge camp in Seattle, so with Harvin injured constantly, he could be another guy to watch.

I'm not high on Davis at TE. Unless he get some WR duties, I just don't see him being a huge get. Maybe CK will use him like he did in the playoffs. Last year in the regular season, though, he avoided him like the plague (11 catches for 66 yards over the final 6 weeks of the regular season). Do you have a backup?

I actually really like the Browns defense this year. They added a lot of talent to an already talented defense. Not only that, but both Baltimore and Pittsburgh look suspect on offense after this offseason. Cleveland also has some nice matchups outside the division (Buffalo, Minnesota, Jacksonville, NYJ, KC), all of whom have major holes on offense.

Overall, not bad. If this is a PPR league, I'd give it a B. Standard league, C-.

Good points Sox.

I am not so sure on Luck though. Have you read Matthew Berry? He brought up some interesting stats pointing towards Luck's potential downfall. Most notable, he had a pass happy OC last year and they were constantly playing from behind. Now he is in a more conservative, run based system.

Also, Wayne's stats over the second half of last year were pretty discouraging. I think Luck's numbers will be closer to Eli Manning than Peyton Manning.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Luck's numbers will be closer to Eli Manning than Peyton Manning.

me too.. and I love Luck this year! Wayne in the slot will be fine. More conservative, run based system? We'll see about that. I think if you asked 32 coaches that question, 29 of them would say that.

I give the team a B-

Love Luck, DMart
Like Larry, MWTB
More than ok with CJ, Wayne and Bush

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points Sox.

I am not so sure on Luck though. Have you read Matthew Berry? He brought up some interesting stats pointing towards Luck's potential downfall. Most notable, he had a pass happy OC last year and they were constantly playing from behind. Now he is in a more conservative, run based system.

Also, Wayne's stats over the second half of last year were pretty discouraging. I think Luck's numbers will be closer to Eli Manning than Peyton Manning.

I did read Berry's article. I know he has Pep Hamilton back, but there is a HUGE difference between those Stanford teams and this Indy team. Stanford had defense and was unquestionably one of the best teams in the nation. Indy has a ways to go to even have a respectable defense, let alone a good one. Another thing is that Luck had good RBs at Stanford, whereas his situation in Indy is kind of bleh. Bradshaw is a fine RB, but is hurt often. I'm assuming one of the trio of Ballard, Brown and Carter (likely Carter) will be cut. None of them are skilled enough to be a bell-cow, and the group isn't good enough to carry an offense. Luck will still need to pass a lot, and don't forget that last year, he was a rookie, Hilton was a rookie, and both of his TEs were rookies. Luck is just too good not to improve, and I think he'll be even more comfortable having Pep this year. My thoughts on Luck are pretty cut and dry: they're gonna give up a lot of points, so they'll need to score a lot, and you aren't gonna do that relying on a stable of average RBs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did read Berry's article. I know he has Pep Hamilton back, but there is a HUGE difference between those Stanford teams and this Indy team. Stanford had defense and was unquestionably one of the best teams in the nation. Indy has a ways to go to even have a respectable defense, let alone a good one. Another thing is that Luck had good RBs at Stanford, whereas his situation in Indy is kind of bleh. Bradshaw is a fine RB, but is hurt often. I'm assuming one of the trio of Ballard, Brown and Carter (likely Carter) will be cut. None of them are skilled enough to be a bell-cow, and the group isn't good enough to carry an offense. Luck will still need to pass a lot, and don't forget that last year, he was a rookie, Hilton was a rookie, and both of his TEs were rookies. Luck is just too good not to improve, and I think he'll be even more comfortable having Pep this year. My thoughts on Luck are pretty cut and dry: they're gonna give up a lot of points, so they'll need to score a lot, and you aren't gonna do that relying on a stable of average RBs.

Maybe, but how many Heisman candidate, pure pocket passers hand the ball of 55% of the time their last year in college? That makes me a little nervous going from Arians to that.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some excellent reviews already posted. I'm going to assume this is a standard league. So I too would say
C -. If it were PPR, I'd say C

It is somewhat odd that you didn't have at least one more elite player at a skill position especially for a 10 team league.
I'd assume you took 2 RBs first, and then 2 WRs, then got Bush in the 5th. It appears you didn't reach early for a QB or DEF/ST

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you drafted about third and took:
1st - Martin at 3
2nd - CJ2K at 18
3rd - Bush at 23 (if Yahoo uses a flex, this is okay; if not, probably a mistake)
4th - Fitz at 38
5th - Wayne at 43
6th - Davis at 58
7th/8th - Jennings and Luck

None of that is crazy, but you took basically zero chances and ended up with a very ordinary team. I don't think CJ2K and Reggie are that far ahead of guys you could have gotten later, and you'll miss the elite WR you didn't take in the 2nd/3rd.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some excellent reviews already posted. I'm going to assume this is a standard league. So I too would say
C -. If it were PPR, I'd say C

It is somewhat odd that you didn't have at least one more elite player at a skill position especially for a 10 team league.
I'd assume you took 2 RBs first, and then 2 WRs, then got Bush in the 5th. It appears you didn't reach early for a QB or DEF/ST

That is exactly what happened. I probably messed up in picking a WR in the 4th round(Wayne), because all the QBs went after that, then I picked Luck in the 9th. My last 3 picks were Backup QB, K, Def.

I like my draft more now that no one is really hurt. I think I have 4 legit RBs and a good selection of WRs to choose from on Game Days. As long as Luck can be consistent I think it should be a good team.

BTW - its just a normal yahoo league.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you drafted about third and took:
1st - Martin at 3
2nd - CJ2K at 18
3rd - Bush at 23 (if Yahoo uses a flex, this is okay; if not, probably a mistake)
4th - Fitz at 38
5th - Wayne at 43
6th - Davis at 58
7th/8th - Jennings and Luck

None of that is crazy, but you took basically zero chances and ended up with a very ordinary team. I don't think CJ2K and Reggie are that far ahead of guys you could have gotten later, and you'll miss the elite WR you didn't take in the 2nd/3rd.

No Flex, Fitz was 3rd, Wayne 4th then Bush 5th. Then Davis, Jennings, Williams, Luck, Ingram, Blackmon, Tate, Freeman, Jano, Cleveland.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Appreciate some feedback on my draft as well standard NFL,com league, thank you!

QB: Peyton Manning, Joe Flaco

RB: Arian Foster, Eddy Lacey, Mark Ingram

WR: Roddy White, Maike Wallace, Miles Austin

TE: Jermicheal Finley, Jared Cook, Ed Dickson

DEF: Ravens, NY Giants

K: David Akers