• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got to hit some balls finally

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was able to get to the year round outdoor golfing range by my house the last few weeks and surprisingly hitting the ball pretty solid.

I am sure that will stop once I hit a real course :gaah:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
find a few of these?
th

these things are like a magnet to me. :gaah:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. We're finally gettin' some ball-hittin weather over here, too. Been over 40 for at least 3 days now. Gonna go dust off my "power fade" soon

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just recently moved and had not touched my clubs for 6 weeks due to unpacking boxes, weather, etc.....hit balls on Sat...driver/3w...good...really good for me actually....irons, every 3rd or 4th shot was a bad chunk...then a few good ones, then repeat the chunk...finally gave up on the balls and went home.

Came back the following day...much better...getting off my right a little better.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. We're finally gettin' some ball-hittin weather over here, too. Been over 40 for at least 3 days now. Gonna go dust off my "power fade" soon

....once played with some dude who joined our group. Big slicer who claimed that we was fighting a "snap fade." Lolz.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....once played with some dude who joined our group. Big slicer who claimed that we was fighting a "snap fade." Lolz.

My favorite guys to get paired up with are golfers who are horrible (within reason) but they know it. They try to play a good round but they stay in a good mood when they don't.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite guys to get paired up with are golfers who are horrible (within reason) but they know it. They try to play a good round but they stay in a good mood when they don't.

You would like hacking it up with my old group and I. Handicaps ranging from 17 to 25 and the ball busting and laughs never end. Good times.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around 70 degrees and clear yesterday in Seattle. Actually got a later round in with a new set of irons. Was awesome. Problem is that given how great it is in march is how awful it's going to be in July/August because of the drought we're probably going to be facing. Luckily there's a course near me that waters with river water that doesn't have to worry about rationing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ditto.

The worst are terrible players that take their games way too serious...like my buddy...torture to play with him unless others he doesn't know are in the group...he can hold it together better then.

We've all been bad at golf...no crime there, but don't make your fkd up round everyone's fkd up round.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around 70 degrees and clear yesterday in Seattle. Actually got a later round in with a new set of irons. Was awesome. Problem is that given how great it is in march is how awful it's going to be in July/August because of the drought we're probably going to be facing. Luckily there's a course near me that waters with river water that doesn't have to worry about rationing.

We were near 70 on Sat...and probably 75 or so on Sun...just worked on my game though...lot of rain here lately but officially we're down on rainfall YTD too...judging by the range...FWs had to be soggy.

This week the weather looks clear straight thru the weekend...it's time. Early March is when the bent grass course punch and sand their greens...play the bermuda courses until Masters time.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally played a round over the weekend. Didn't score too well but man oh man it was nice to be on the course

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally played a round over the weekend. Didn't score too well but man oh man it was nice to be on the course

You have clear fairways in Cheeseland? I am jealous in a big way.

I drove by one of my favorite courses on the way back into town a couple of hours ago and the snow on the fairways is down to 6" or so. We are probably 3 weeks away from teeing it up here in Southern NH.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have clear fairways in Cheeseland? I am jealous in a big way.

I drove by one of my favorite courses on the way back into town a couple of hours ago and the snow on the fairways is down to 6" or so. We are probably 3 weeks away from teeing it up here in Southern NH.

Wisky just finished 10 days where the temps were way above average, some 50's, 60's and yesterday got up t 70. Had a foot of snow on the level last Saturday and 98% of all of the snow is now gone

We got lucky but feel for you brother. That shit is going to take a long time to melt

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was able to get to the year round outdoor golfing range by my house the last few weeks and surprisingly hitting the ball pretty solid.

I am sure that will stop once I hit a real course :gaah:
I've been to Gastrau's a few times so far but I haven't played any rounds in Wisconsin yet. I played my first round of the year in Alabama after New Years which was nice. I just bought a new push cart which should save me money on carts after this year and a new Adam's hybrid off of Golfsmith yesterday which I can't wait to use this summer.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to Gastrau's a few times so far but I haven't played any rounds in Wisconsin yet. I played my first round of the year in Alabama after New Years which was nice. I just bought a new push cart which should save me money on carts after this year and a new Adam's hybrid off of Golfsmith yesterday which I can't wait to use this summer.

Yeah, have been going to Gastrau's myself over the past few weeks. Plenty of local courses open already so playing another round Sat morning with one of my buddies.

Good luck with the new hybrid.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I play the RTJ Trail about once a year...I find Grand National to be perfect...I leave around lunch time on Friday, after a nice lunch, on the 1st tee in about 3 yrs...SAT 18, + 18 on short course, SUN 18 more...and head home, feet up watching TV in 2 hrs...outstanding golf, new Marriott onsite makes it an easy choice. Barely spend $400, golf, lodging, food, gas.

Mild winters, I've played a few times this year, but none late JAN...this Sat looks promising to get out.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play the RTJ Trail about once a year...I find Grand National to be perfect...I leave around lunch time on Friday, after a nice lunch, on the 1st tee in about 3 yrs...SAT 18, + 18 on short course, SUN 18 more...and head home, feet up watching TV in 2 hrs...outstanding golf, new Marriott onsite makes it an easy choice. Barely spend $400, golf, lodging, food, gas.

Mild winters, I've played a few times this year, but none late JAN...this Sat looks promising to get out.
That's not too far from where I played. My round was at Kiva Dunes in Gulf Shores. It just started warming up here last week. We seem to be getting pretty consistent 40's to high 50's right now but before that we had wind chill temps in the -20s pretty consistently (no bueno).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not too far from where I played. My round was at Kiva Dunes in Gulf Shores. It just started warming up here last week. We seem to be getting pretty consistent 40's to high 50's right now but before that we had wind chill temps in the -20s pretty consistently (no bueno).

It was 82 a couple of days ago...cold front/rain coming thru today...mid 50s, but mid 70s expected Sat.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 82 a couple of days ago...cold front/rain coming thru today...mid 50s, but mid 70s expected Sat.
Tomorrow should be near 60. I'm going to see if I can get a tee time. I need to get in as much golf as I can right now because I KNOW the snow isn't done for the season yet. It never is until April.