• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got Me Thinking About Michigan...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more of a gimmick offense and took a couple of years to figure it out.
I ain’t here to defend Kaepernick just pointing out Luck isn’t his only successful QB that Harbaugh “created”.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain’t here to defend Kaepernick just pointing out Luck isn’t his only successful QB that Harbaugh “created”.
Luck was such an anomaly.. Recruiting sites were overlooking him and his final two was Rice and Stanford.. he def played school. Did y'all know that he too wanted to go to Austin but Mack made a deal with Garrett Gilbert's dad that it would be a one QB class.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did he? Kap was about 60% his whole career. He was also around that his last 2 years of college. I don't see how Harbs improved him at all

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not take credit for the information being presented. Heard this on a podcast.

Think on this:
Let's dig deeper than the record against Michigan State and Ohio State.
The Michigan football team has progressively declined since the earlier team members have graduated or was recruited and more and more of Harbaugh's recruits are taking the field.
Harbaugh was 20-4 before the "JT was down" game.
Since then, Harbaugh has gone 28-16.
So, we say Harbaugh needs to be gone. Well, many say who could take over? There are a dozen, maybe even two dozen coaches that could go 28-16 in Ann Arbor.
Michigan is also 10-8 in the last 18 games and have lost 6 of those games by 17 or more points.

So sickening. I am going to go puke now.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not take credit for the information being presented. Heard this on a podcast.

Think on this:
The Michigan football team has progressively declined since the earlier team members have graduated or was recruited and more and more of Harbaugh's recruits are taking the field.
So, we say Harbaugh needs to be gone. Well, many say who could take over? There are a dozen, maybe even two dozen coaches that could go 28-16 in Ann Arbor.
Michigan is also 10-8 in the last 18 games and have lost 6 of those games by 17 or more points.

That's the same boat as Texas and Herman right now. There is only one elite coach out there that may or may not be available right now who is a commentator for FOX.
After that.. there's a big drop off to the next tier of coaches, all who have question marks.
Campbell-- can he recruit at an elite level? Has not shown that in the Big12.

Franklin-has the best resume of the rest, but has had trouble finding an offensive identity. Has proven he can recruit well, however has not had an elite class as of yet.

Then you have coaches like Ficknell(sp?), the coach at Lousiana Lafayette, Fleck at MN.. who are having success but can they handle the job at a Michigan or Texas if given the keys?

There's risks on everyone outside Urban.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think on this:

I think there are a lot of coaches that could take top 10 classes and win 63.6% (Harbaugh’s record after the 2016 Ohio State game) of their games and lose to the only team that they face with more talent than them year in and year out.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the podcast guy said that he did don’t want to throw names of coaches currently coaching. So, he said any BIG maybes here. Bob Stoops or Chris Petersen. Other names have been thrown around in other media: Fickell, Campbell, David Shaw, Rick Neuheisel, etc.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the podcast guy said that he did don’t want to throw names of coaches currently coaching. So, he said any BIG maybes here. Bob Stoops or Chris Petersen. Other names have been thrown around in other media: Fickell, Campbell, David Shaw, Rick Neuheisel, etc.
Would you pay Jim the rest of his contract and pay the buyout for Shaw, campbell? I think you can get Campbell for around 3-3.5 a year. But I wouldn't trust Shaw at all. I'm fairly confident that Stoops is done and certain that Peterson is. Bro you don't want Neuheisel anywhere near Ann Arbor as a coach

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Stoops coached in the XFL. Surely, Michigan would pay more than the XFL Renegades did.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Stoops coached in the XFL. Surely, Michigan would pay more than the XFL Renegades did.
Maybe but I thought he was coaching the XFL team because there is no pressure.. it's the XFL.. going to UM and knowing the expectations is a whole other animal

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine he knew the expectations when he was hired at Oklahoma?
yeah but you are talking about a much younger Bob Stoops who had his first big time gig over 20 years ago. Not the Bob who likes going to different golfing charity events and enjoys watching his son play TE on sat for ou.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Neuheisel?!?!?

You'Re Crazy Everybody Loves Raymond GIF by TV Land

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duh fuq?

If you're looking for a guy to play acoustic guitar in the mountains to your team instead of coaching football, then that's your guy.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the same boat as Texas and Herman right now. There is only one elite coach out there that may or may not be available right now who is a commentator for FOX.
After that.. there's a big drop off to the next tier of coaches, all who have question marks.
Campbell-- can he recruit at an elite level? Has not shown that in the Big12.

Franklin-has the best resume of the rest, but has had trouble finding an offensive identity. Has proven he can recruit well, however has not had an elite class as of yet.

Then you have coaches like Ficknell(sp?), the coach at Lousiana Lafayette, Fleck at MN.. who are having success but can they handle the job at a Michigan or Texas if given the keys?

There's risks on everyone outside Urban.

471289cde2490c80f60d5e85bcdfb6da.gif

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan, the new Kansas....

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad thing is Michigan's coach is top ten, maybe top 5 paid coaches. And delivering Kansas results .

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some things on a podcast the other day about Michigan. Started thinking on this. Think back to 2007. The loss to Appalachian State. Does this have anything remotely to do with past seasons and current? They have been through Rodriguez, Hoke, and with Harbaugh now. Three coaches in 12 years. Missed bowl games for the first time in forever in 2008 and 2009. They are 2-7 in bowl games. We know the records against Ohio State and Michigan State. The fact that Michigan State has more CFP appearances than Michigan. The Wolverines have 4 double digit win seasons since 2007. So, what’s the deal?
Hard to believe that Home actually had some pretty solid teams. And he was the last scUM coach to beat TOSU. It's been a very long time for that team up north beating us. I don't see it changing either any time soon, which I'm ok with.