• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gordon Hayward

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he the worst free agent signing in Celtics history?

I would say yes especially if you consider how much money he was paid compared to what he gave the franchise.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances that anyone would sign a star and he'd break an ankle less than three minutes into the first game? And miss the entire season? Then come back in year two and severely twisted the other ankle and miss thirty more games. Worst signing? Or worst luck??

The Celtics have had bad luck since Len Bias OD'd.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he the worst free agent signing in Celtics history?

I would say yes especially if you consider how much money he was paid compared to what he gave the franchise.

I'd say these were worse. Travis Knight, Pervis Ellison, Jermaine O'Neal. But I'm judging this on talent and not price of contract.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say these were worse. Travis Knight, Pervis Ellison, Jermaine O'Neal. But I'm judging this on talent and not price of contract.
Yes he had talent and preformed well but as you said I judged it on the size of the contract compared to what they got from the guy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he had talent and preformed well but as you said I judged it on the size of the contract compared to what they got from the guy.

Contract wise gotta agree. This is obviously different but want to mention it anyway. The Kyrie trade was terrible. Gave up a high first round pick for that stupid Flat Earther that pulled a vanishing act in the semi's against the Bucks two seasons ago. Hated that trade. But was glad when Kyrie went to Brooklyn. He's their problem now.