• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Google sheets/docs/drive question...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My GM left her position here at work and I have been promoted to her spot. I manage a restaurant, but we have some files that we use on the computer. About 6 months ago, something happened with our excel and word and we ditched MS and went to Google, since our work accounts are all gmail. A few days ago, we lost a few important files and could not find them in the recycling bin nor the trash files on google drive. She shared these files with me on email and when I try to open them through that, it says that they are deleted. My guess is that when the boss man deleted her email account, that all these files went with it. Does anyone know if this is a solid theory and if there is a way to get them back? Pretty sure we can reinstate her email account, but I don't know if that would bring the files back or not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My GM left her position here at work and I have been promoted to her spot. I manage a restaurant, but we have some files that we use on the computer. About 6 months ago, something happened with our excel and word and we ditched MS and went to Google, since our work accounts are all gmail. A few days ago, we lost a few important files and could not find them in the recycling bin nor the trash files on google drive. She shared these files with me on email and when I try to open them through that, it says that they are deleted. My guess is that when the boss man deleted her email account, that all these files went with it. Does anyone know if this is a solid theory and if there is a way to get them back? Pretty sure we can reinstate her email account, but I don't know if that would bring the files back or not.
Your theory about your boss deleting her Email account sounds about right. I suspect that those files are lost for good but never been in that position so one can try to undo deleting her account.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your theory about your boss deleting her Email account sounds about right. I suspect that those files are lost for good but never been in that position so one can try to undo deleting her account.
We re-activated her account and were able to retrieve the files and resave them in my google cloud technology thing. Thanks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We re-activated her account and were able to retrieve the files and resave them in my google cloud technology thing. Thanks.
Nice and now we know that deleted accounts can be reactivated, wasn’t sure about that.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice and now we know that deleted accounts can be reactivated, wasn’t sure about that.
You have to do it within a certain amount of time. 30 days, I think?

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing actually gets deleted from those tech companies. Everything is stored for future reference… by authorities if needed. If you want “delete” control you must own the machine it's stored on and have the expertise to exert that control.