• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell to hear Brady appeal

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about after the neutral arbitrator knocks it down to 0 games?

That would make this whole issue one of the stupidest endeavors in the history of all sports, including the Greeks and their Olympics.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

And after that he will go to court in an attempt to get the penalty entirely eliminated.

I think he'll succeed.
The reduction will be contingent on Brady and the team to drop it and accept it. That is the only reason it will be reduced IMO.

You can keep the hope alive, but I'd bet there is no chance Brady plays against the Steelers.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reduction will be contingent on Brady and the team to drop it and accept it. That is the only reason it will be reduced IMO.

You can keep the hope alive, but I'd bet there is no chance Brady plays against the Steelers.

I think Brady will go to court over anything more severe than a $100,000 fine.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats everyone. This has gone 45 posts and it's still civil:suds:

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he doesn't will you admit guilt?

I'll admit guilt when serious evidence of guilt is found and disclosed. So far that hasn't happened.

It certainly COULD happen as the process evolves; I don't think anybody involved is a saint. But I'm guessing that if there were serious evidence of cheating, it would have surfaced by now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats everyone. This has gone 45 posts and it's still civil:suds:
Most of all of these threads have been more or less civil. Very little name calling. Lots and lots of disagreements and nearly no posts making it personal outside of the more sarcastic posters who are mostly kidding.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this neutral arbitrator you speak of?

Direct arbitration between the parties would have been the best solution. What the hell were the involved parties doing for the months leading up to the Wells report, sulking in their corners like petulant children? Jeez man, this inflicts a wound in the NFL that goes beyond the Patriots. Maybe Roger & his buddy Kraft are that arrogant and stupid.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit guilt when serious evidence of guilt is found and disclosed. So far that hasn't happened.

It certainly COULD happen as the process evolves; I don't think anybody involved is a saint. But I'm guessing that if there were serious evidence of cheating, it would have surfaced by now.
The summary report does not clearly state what in Brady's meetings with them was 'contradictory to evidence', but I'm guessing there is a fair amount none of us have heard that neither the Pats nor Brady would want to get out. A lot of what the report is going on is not in the public compendium, nor will it/should it be.

I'm betting the court threats are simply to put pressure to get as much out of the appeal as they can. I really don't think either side wants their laundry aired more in public.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gotta think if Brady is truly innocent, he will never accept any suspension and take it all the way to federal court. If he accepts a reduced suspension it means he knows there is a more than likely chance more incriminating evidence will be uncovered. Any accepted suspension is an admission of guilt.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think if Brady is truly innocent, he will never accept any suspension and take it all the way to federal court. If he accepts a reduced suspension it means he knows there is a more than likely chance more incriminating evidence will be uncovered. Any accepted suspension is an admission of guilt.
That's why I think Kraft gets involved behind the scenes. Brady no suspension and the organization takes the hit.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Direct arbitration between the parties would have been the best solution. What the hell were the involved parties doing for the months leading up to the Wells report, sulking in their corners like petulant children? Jeez man, this inflicts a wound in the NFL that goes beyond the Patriots. Maybe Roger & his buddy Kraft are that arrogant and stupid.
That would be too efficient for the NFL. Dragging it out like a daytime soap is more the speed of the NFL.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Goodell exercise his rights under the CBA unless there is some back channel deals going on with Kraft and his people? Take the variables out of it, strike a deal that mitigates things for both the league and the team, and put this behind them.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think Kraft gets involved behind the scenes. Brady no suspension and the organization takes the hit.
Could be. But I would say that is unlikely. Only time will tell.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm inclined to agree with you.

But I think the ship has sailed for nailing him with any guilt. For example, let's suppose that the Pats were submitting balls to the officials at 12.5 PSI, but with the air inside heated so that the balls will unnaturally deflate at game time. If the league had conducted an intelligent investigation, they might have caught that and found some vague clause under which they could punish it, even though it seems to be within the rules. Instead, they pursued incorrect theories about needles and so on, and will wind up looking like idiots as a result.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Goodell exercise his rights under the CBA unless there is some back channel deals going on with Kraft and his people? Take the variables out of it, strike a deal that mitigates things for both the league and the team, and put this behind them.

Because he's error-prone and scared. Goodell has made a lot of bad decisions in discipline and/or PR over the past few years. Don't make the mistake of saying "Goodell is doing something that's not smart unless X is true; therefore X is true."

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great minds think alike:minion: