• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good way to ensure you don't make the team, Ausar Wolcott

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns un-drafted free agent rookie DE Ausar Wolcott was charged with attempted murder.

I am thinking he just lost any chance he might have had.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand where the charge comes from, though. The report says that he punched someone outside a bar.

If you get charged with attempted murder, doesn't there have to be some intent to kill the person? Unless he hit the guy repeatedly after he was down, there was no way he was trying to kill him with a punch. The justice system makes no sense sometimes.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems fairly bullshit on the charges, like you said we do not know the whole story but attempted murder?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems fairly bullshit on the charges, like you said we do not know the whole story but attempted murder?

There wasn't much in the report, but it clearly didn't all add up. I would hope there is more to the charge than him just punching somebody. Otherwise, shouldn't Pippen be catching attempted murder charges too? :noidea:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he used brass knux or something.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murders getting to be common in NFL

Browns Rookie Ausar Walcott Arrested and Charged with Attempted Murder

Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Ausar Walcott is charged with attempted murder after allegedly punching a man outside a New Jersey bar early Sunday morning, Abbott Koloff of The Record reports.

Walcott, who told police he has been living with a friend in Maywood, was charged with first-degree attempted murder, second-degree aggravated assault and third degree endangering an injured victim, White said. He was arrested Tuesday morning after he turned himself in to police, and his bail was set at $500,000 cash, White said. He was scheduled to be sent to the Passaic County Jail in Paterson on Tuesday evening.

The report states the supposed incident took place at The Palace Gentlemen's Club in Passaic. The charges are based on the belief Walcott punched a 24-year-old man identified as Derrick Jones in the head just after 3 a.m. on Sunday.

Walcott signed with the Browns last month after attending the team's rookie minicamp. The New Jersey native played college football at Virginia. He appeared in 45 games and made 128 tackles in four years with the Cavaliers.

Now, he faces a wide-range of charges, including first-degree attempted murder, in connection with the reported assault. Based on the latest information provided by The Record, the victim remains in critical condition at a local hospital.

The Browns provided limited comment in the report about the ongoing legal matter, according to the report in The Record.

The Browns announced that they had signed Walcott and four other players in a posting on their website on May 13. They issued a brief statement on Tuesday afternoon saying the team was "aware of the situation."

"This is a pending legal matter and we will not comment," the statement said.

A former high school coach told The Record that Walcott was never a problem during his time with the team. He had recently returned in preparation for his tryout with the Browns.

Walcott’s former high school coach at Hackensack High School, Gordon Whiting, said he was "shocked" to hear that his former star player had been arrested. Whiting, who is now an assistant football coach at the high school, said Walcott had been working out at the school before his tryout with the Browns last month.

"He is a great kid, a hard-working kid," Whiting said. "He was never a discipline problem."

Given the lack of information, it's far too soon to speculate on Walcott's football future after catching on with the Browns after an impressive tryout.

All that's known for sure is that he was arrested and faces multiple charges in connection with the weekend incident.

Browns Rookie Ausar Walcott Arrested and Charged with Attempted Murder | Bleacher Report

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murderer???

Sounds like he got into a fight and punched a guy once. The vic is still living. Don't see how you equate that to being a murderer.

Did you ever get into a fist fight in school? I know I did. Just because you got into a fight and threw a punch does that make you a murderer? Does it even make you an attempted murderer?

I feel bad for the vic here and hope he comes out ok - but this is classic overcharging.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Left off the word 'attempted' in the title. Thats what happens when your in a hurry

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wasn't much in the report, but it clearly didn't all add up. I would hope there is more to the charge than him just punching somebody. Otherwise, shouldn't Pippen be catching attempted murder charges too? :noidea:

Pippen is white :D

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capt Obvious, I'm merging this with another thread on the topic.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns un-drafted free agent rookie DE Ausar Wolcott was charged with attempted murder.

Browns cut him this morning

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno??....Can he play Special Teams?? :happy: