• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good read.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't know where else to put this?

Right or wrong, Jed York has a built-in reason to keep Chip Kelly around

Yeah, there is some good logic to it, continuity is big.

Like him, i'm ok if Kelly is fired but do think he'll remain another season. Problem is, there isn't a REALLY top QB in the draft, at least not highly touted like recent drafts. So while Kelly deserves a chance to choose his QB, there doesn't appear to be one?

Anyway, IF this is the case then just keep adding top talent. Right now it appears to be a defensive player and fine, we could certainly use him.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know where else to put this?

Right or wrong, Jed York has a built-in reason to keep Chip Kelly around

Yeah, there is some good logic to it, continuity is big.

Like him, i'm ok if Kelly is fired but do think he'll remain another season. Problem is, there isn't a REALLY top QB in the draft, at least not highly touted like recent drafts. So while Kelly deserves a chance to choose his QB, there doesn't appear to be one?

Anyway, IF this is the case then just keep adding top talent. Right now it appears to be a defensive player and fine, we could certainly use him.

Yea I think Kaep and Kelly will be back next year...how much further than that for Kaep remains to be seen. Our D has been decimated by injuries the past 2-3 years and our draft picks have not been able to step in and provide consistency. If anything, I think Baalke needs to go and Gamble needs to step in. Dream scenario...Jed York is yanked by his family or takes the roll of an owner like the Raiders, Patriots, and Steelers where he steps completely back and lets the FO do it's job instead of acting like it's High School.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea I think Kaep and Kelly will be back next year...how much further than that for Kaep remains to be seen. Our D has been decimated by injuries the past 2-3 years and our draft picks have not been able to step in and provide consistency. If anything, I think Baalke needs to go and Gamble needs to step in. Dream scenario...Jed York is yanked by his family or takes the roll of an owner like the Raiders, Patriots, and Steelers where he steps completely back and lets the FO do it's job instead of acting like it's High School.

don't think Kaep will have any options, who is going to call and say we have a starting spot for you? Kaep won't opt out to be a back-up, at back-up money.

So now the ball will be in the 49ers court, do you want to spend that kind of money or move on?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't think Kaep will have any options, who is going to call and say we have a starting spot for you? Kaep won't opt out to be a back-up, at back-up money.

So now the ball will be in the 49ers court, do you want to spend that kind of money or move on?

I think there might be takers...as politically outspoken as he's become, the reality is that he is still a better QB option than a hand full of teams have. He'd have to take a pay cut if he opted out, but he could start for another team for sure. SF might be the best place for him from that standpoint as he gets heckled like crazy at most away games. For us...still a better option that any QB on our roster.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there might be takers...as politically outspoken as he's become, the reality is that he is still a better QB option than a hand full of teams have. He'd have to take a pay cut if he opted out, but he could start for another team for sure. SF might be the best place for him from that standpoint as he gets heckled like crazy at most away games. For us...still a better option that any QB on our roster.

These other QB needy teams will try to do what we'll try to do, draft their next QB.

i can see another team wanting him at a much lower cost, at back-up money. But can't see someone giving him starter money, which is handing him the team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the team really needs to bring in some good Senior personnel with NFL experience. All we have now at the top is York and business people like Guido and Marathe who don't know squat about building an NFL franchise

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the team really needs to bring in some good Senior personnel with NFL experience. All we have now at the top is York and business people like Guido and Marathe who don't know squat about building an NFL franchise

Yea...it's as if Donald Trump was actually nominated President of the United States of America...we need to drain the swamp!!.....ooooooooooooooh fuckin waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait.