• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good news for Steelers' fans

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis may return to you as a defensive coach, a little success and maybe he could replace Tomlin. He'd probably bring Hue with him, of course.

Steelers may hire Marvin Lewis to join coaching staff

bahahahaahahahahhahaha!

giphy.gif

Reactions: gob

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mercy post, poor trolling, ill help u get this rolling twelve days later

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want my click from that trash article back.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a smart move to me. The Bengals were atrocious until they hired Lewis. The Bengals went from the 'Cleveland Browns' of the NFL to an actual football team.

Can you believe a few years back the Bengals weren't considered a free win? Thanks to Lewis the Bengals actually became a formidable team, and who can blame him over the last few years with a ginger at QB and a bunch of injury prone position players. Yah his playoff record sucks, but IMO the Bengals (up there with the Bucs/Browns/Dolphins) have TERRIBLE ownership and management structure.

Tomlin meanwhile is terrible and needs to go as he's squandered talent his entire tenure and got a free inherited Super Bowl. Lewis seems like the perfect replacement.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a smart move to

Tomlin meanwhile is terrible and needs to go as he's squandered talent his entire tenure and got a free inherited Super Bowl. Lewis seems like the perfect replacement.

Yeah, they'll never win another playoff game with him as HC....:dhd:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Har har, I actually think Lewis is a decent head coach and a huge upgrade over Tomlin. Not sure why I got a facepalm from @SteelersPride

Because he knows better....Lewis was a fair in season HC but like Marty Shotteheimer, couldn't cut it in the playoffs...0-5 I think
I don't know what Tomlin's post record is off hand but I can't remember a 1 and done for his team.
What, 2 SB appearances , 1 SB win, been in the post more than not, with wins..
No comparison Shark...Tomlin far better !!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he knows better....Lewis was a fair in season HC but like Marty Shotteheimer, couldn't cut it in the playoffs...0-5 I think
I don't know what Tomlin's post record is off hand but I can't remember a 1 and done for his team.
What, 2 SB appearances , 1 SB win, been in the post more than not, with wins..
No comparison Shark...Tomlin far better !!

With the talent on his roster Tomlin should've easily had 3+ Super Bowl wins. I'll argue the same for Carroll, but at least Carroll turned a loser franchise around, Tomlin came into a winning org. and managed to fuck it all up.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know of one person that would rather have Marvin Lewis over Tomlin as a HC.
Not that Tomlin is good but I bet if he got fired this off season he would have a new HC job lined up a lot quicker than Lewis.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheer stupidity. Tomlin sucks but never had a losing season and has a superbowl

Lewis would be better than Tomlin. You know Tomlin is a hack and while he hasn't had a losing season, he should've won the SBOWL again. He has done fuck all since inheriting a HOF QB and Championship caliber defense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
downloadfssdfsd.jpg

More playoff W's than Andy Dalton.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know of one person that would rather have Marvin Lewis over Tomlin as a HC.
Not that Tomlin is good but I bet if he got fired this off season he would have a new HC job lined up a lot quicker than Lewis.

not to defend Lewis, I don't think he's all that great either, but so fucking what if Tomlin were to have another job right away??? I fucking HATE when people roll that stupid ass line out, it's completely worthless and immaterial. how many times do we see NFL teams hire a coach that turns out to be less than stellar?? it happens every fucking year, and another team's action or inaction on Tomlin should have absolutely no bearing on the decision the Steelers make as to whether they want to keep him or not. Which, by the way, they should've dumped his ass after last season, and i'm guessing that if the team is still a drama-filled mess come the end of next season, he'll be gone (he better be)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis would be better than Tomlin. You know Tomlin is a hack and while he hasn't had a losing season, he should've won the SBOWL again. He has done fuck all since inheriting a HOF QB and Championship caliber defense.
Not saying he’s good, but Lewis is worse

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to defend Lewis, I don't think he's all that great either, but so fucking what if Tomlin were to have another job right away??? I fucking HATE when people roll that stupid ass line out, it's completely worthless and immaterial. how many times do we see NFL teams hire a coach that turns out to be less than stellar?? it happens every fucking year, and another team's action or inaction on Tomlin should have absolutely no bearing on the decision the Steelers make as to whether they want to keep him or not. Which, by the way, they should've dumped his ass after last season, and i'm guessing that if the team is still a drama-filled mess come the end of next season, he'll be gone (he better be)

Geez tell me how you really feel...... :suds:

I don't think anyone here would defend Tomlin or Lewis, trust me I wouldn't. But it seems the reality of it is Tomlin is perceived to be a better coach hence the reason for that comment.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the talent on his roster Tomlin should've easily had 3+ Super Bowl wins. I'll argue the same for Carroll, but at least Carroll turned a loser franchise around, Tomlin came into a winning org. and managed to fuck it all up.

Marvin has had loads of talent on that team and still couldn't manage 1 playoff win....That's the facts.
And Carroll was on his 3 HC try with the Hawks and I wouldn't call them a losing franchise when he took over....Holmgren took them to a SB they were robbed of by the refs....He has done a good job, but nothing spectacular either...