• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good luck on Saturday!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking forward to the "rubber match" between the Huskies and Huskers for a little while now. This game will be good in that it will show where the Huskies truly are this season. Washington has shown flashes of brilliance, but they've had some very bad lapses as well. In the Hawaii game, Price threw a pick 6 at the goal line which could have sealed the game going into halftime, and then when leading 38-26 with about 3 minutes left Washington executed a punt of -4 yards. Not the kind of plays that will get wins against a team like Nebraska.

This will be Washington's first road game this season so I'm not sure how they'll handle that. UW does not have many road wins the last 10 years. On top of that Price is still essentially a rookie. He's only started 3 games so far in his career.

I fully expect Nebraska to win this game, probably by 2 touchdowns or so when all is said and done, although I think Washington will be able to keep it close for much of the game. Washington's defense has not been stellar so far this season, but the run defense has been solid. It'll definitely need to be again on Saturday to beat Nebraska. Alameda Ta'amu had a monster performance against the Huskers in the Holiday Bowl in December. Several Huskies will need to have those types of performances to pull off the upset. Like I mentioned I feel this is Nebraska's game to lose, but if all the pieces fall into place and the Huskies play strong on both sides of the ball and limit their mistakes, they have a small chance of leaving Nebraska with the W. The Huskies are a program back on the way up. But they're not quite there yet. Either way it should be a fun game.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking forward to the "rubber match" between the Huskies and Huskers for a little while now. This game will be good in that it will show where the Huskies truly are this season. Washington has shown flashes of brilliance, but they've had some very bad lapses as well. In the Hawaii game, Price threw a pick 6 at the goal line which could have sealed the game going into halftime, and then when leading 38-26 with about 3 minutes left Washington executed a punt of -4 yards. Not the kind of plays that will get wins against a team like Nebraska.

This will be Washington's first road game this season so I'm not sure how they'll handle that. UW does not have many road wins the last 10 years. On top of that Price is still essentially a rookie. He's only started 3 games so far in his career.

I fully expect Nebraska to win this game, probably by 2 touchdowns or so when all is said and done, although I think Washington will be able to keep it close for much of the game. Washington's defense has not been stellar so far this season, but the run defense has been solid. It'll definitely need to be again on Saturday to beat Nebraska. Alameda Ta'amu had a monster performance against the Huskers in the Holiday Bowl in December. Several Huskies will need to have those types of performances to pull off the upset. Like I mentioned I feel this is Nebraska's game to lose, but if all the pieces fall into place and the Huskies play strong on both sides of the ball and limit their mistakes, they have a small chance of leaving Nebraska with the W. The Huskies are a program back on the way up. But they're not quite there yet. Either way it should be a fun game.

I completely agree with your analysis. if Nebraska plays the way they SHOULD play, we should beat Washington without much problem. However, we have not seen the type of performance that we need on defense yet this year. Bo should kick the D in the ass this week in practice and get most of the problems solved, but it is still a very young team. I know Washington will come to play this Saturday, and if our defense plays like we did this past Saturday, the Huskies could definitely pull the upset. I think this is very unlikely, because Bo IS defense. He will find a way to fix our issues on D, and the offense will be able to do enough to get the W. My question is, how is the Washington defense? They were able to shut down our offense in the Holiday Bowl with a gimpy QB, but now Taylor is back to full speed. In the first matchup, this created havoc in the Washington D. How will they counter the big-play factor that Martinez provides? Good luck to the Huskies, and I hope all the Washington fans traveling to Lincoln have a great experience.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it again, if we are in as bad of shape right now as what most people are saying, then this game will go well into the 4th quarter and may even be a tossup.

If we have improved as a team at all, we will know..........because the scoreboard will reflect it. Why in the hell we are 16.5 point favorites is beyond me.

Good luck to Washington, but not too much luck ;).............mainly just luck in not having any injuries! :laugh:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it again, if we are in as bad of shape right now as what most people are saying, then this game will go well into the 4th quarter and may even be a tossup.

If we have improved as a team at all, we will know..........because the scoreboard will reflect it. Why in the hell we are 16.5 point favorites is beyond me.

Good luck to Washington, but not too much luck ;).............mainly just luck in not having any serious injuries! :laugh:

FIFY

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with your analysis. if Nebraska plays the way they SHOULD play, we should beat Washington without much problem. However, we have not seen the type of performance that we need on defense yet this year. Bo should kick the D in the ass this week in practice and get most of the problems solved, but it is still a very young team. I know Washington will come to play this Saturday, and if our defense plays like we did this past Saturday, the Huskies could definitely pull the upset. I think this is very unlikely, because Bo IS defense. He will find a way to fix our issues on D, and the offense will be able to do enough to get the W. My question is, how is the Washington defense? They were able to shut down our offense in the Holiday Bowl with a gimpy QB, but now Taylor is back to full speed. In the first matchup, this created havoc in the Washington D. How will they counter the big-play factor that Martinez provides? Good luck to the Huskies, and I hope all the Washington fans traveling to Lincoln have a great experience.

If Martinez can make the big plays then Washington will be in for a long day. Washington's run defense has been very good so far, giving up 31 and 55 yards on the ground through the first two games. IIRC, the Huskies gave up about 95 yards to Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl on around 40 carries. They'll need to come up with a big effort like that again. Washington's two biggest weaknesses are their pass defense and their inability to get off the field on 3rd downs. Through the air, opponents have passed for 473 and 333 yards on the Huskies and are a combined 21-30 on third down. Nebraska has too many threats running the ball to say that I think UW will be able to shut the running game down completely, but I do think they will be able to keep the Nebraska running game in check most of the time. So if Martinez can complete passes downfield, the Huskers shouldn't have a problem moving the ball, keeping possession and ultimately putting up a lot of points. If Martinez struggles to make those plays, then there's a chance for the upset.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Destroy, it wouldn't be considered an upset as far as I'm concerned. Nebraska is very young and inexperienced, and it wouldn't shock me one bit to see Washington come out and take control of this thing right off the bat. Washington is more balanced with 8 returning starters on both sides of the ball.

Now, will I be upset if Nebraska loses? You better damn well believe it! I am going to be one pissed off mofo if Nebraska loses this game...........but it seriously is a possibility.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know USC wasn't a great team last year, but I remember Washington going to their home field last year to win 32-31 with a last minute FG. I could see that same type of thing happening in Lincoln if Nebraska doesn't play well.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plorst